Quantcast
Jump to content

How did FloridaTech get banned?  

  1. 1. I just read in a thread he got banned. What did he do? He seemed like a cool dude. Was it gross abuse of power by the moderators or did he do something so flagrant he got the ban hammer? 

    • Abuse of power by the mods
      0
    • Flagrant language/actions by the poster
      0

This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts


2 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

I just read in a thread he got banned. What did he do? He seemed like a cool dude. Was it gross abuse of power by the moderators or did he do something so flagrant he got the ban hammer? 

he went on a tirade and dropped several racist and homophobic language directed to one of the posters 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

he went on a tirade and dropped several racist and homophobic language directed to one of the posters 

 

 

Racist towards what race? He was black. Plus was the homophobic language just 90’s talk? Like you .......... ..........! ........... up. Those were acceptable ways to talk back when I was younger. Lol

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Racist towards what race? He was black. Plus was the homophobic language just 90’s talk? Like you .......... ..........! ........... up. Those were acceptable ways to talk back when I was younger. Lol

 

Doesn't matter it's not accepted here and what race he was is irrelevant 

 

That language isn't okay on this board regardless of what race it comes from because a causal reader wouldn't know what race someone is when they read that and that alone is grounds for a boot 

 

He's broken plenty of rules I let slide and that tirade just broke the camel's back and forced a review and Josh made the call for the ban 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The only mistake made was me not being as strict in the past and we now are on 0 tolerance for that 

 

Any form of that type of stuff is automatic ban 

This might not be the place to talk about this, but. If we get any type of season this year, you might see Columbia play Venice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

I just read in a thread he got banned. What did he do? He seemed like a cool dude. Was it gross abuse of power by the moderators or did he do something so flagrant he got the ban hammer? 

He was cool but he called me a homophobic and racist slur, which is unacceptable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

This might not be the place to talk about this, but. If we get any type of season this year, you might see Columbia play Venice. 

That highly likely could come down to what happens at the county meeting today in regards to when the county decides to start the fall season 

 

Either way I hope it's a 2 year deal so I can at least watch it next season 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

That highly likely could come down to what happens at the county meeting today in regards to when the county decides to start the fall season 

 

Either way I hope it's a 2 year deal so I can at least watch it next season 

Well I’ve been in touch with Coach Peacock and Venice and Columbia both have weeks open. I emailed him Columbia’s phone number and AD email, so he might Be able to make it happen. I think it would be a very good matchup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Well I’ve been in touch with Coach Peacock and Venice and Columbia both have weeks open. I emailed him Columbia’s phone number and AD email, so he might Be able to make it happen. I think it would be a very good matchup.

Which week would that be? 

 

I just know that our county supposed to meet I think today to discuss when we start fall sports 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

My bad that was a typo, week 1.

Well they meet tomorrow to discuss fall sports in Columbia county 

 

That will likely determine any hope of that game being signed but I'll tell you this if Venice isn't willing to travel to Lake City in the deal you all will be wasting time contacting them 

 

Best shot is probably go to Lake City this year and get return trip next season or being willing to offer a reasonable stipend this year and return trip next year 

 

That's why I don't think a game would Vero would happen because Vero isn't willing to come to Lake City as they always want to buy off teams to keep the game at home and that won't fly with Columbia County, even though attendance seems to drop every year they find heavy value in getting a home game for whatever reason but me personally I couldn't care one way or the other, I actually rather make a long travel to a game because it's more fun an experience from a fan perspective

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well they meet tomorrow to discuss fall sports in Columbia county 

 

That will likely determine any hope of that game being signed but I'll tell you this if Venice isn't willing to travel to Lake City in the deal you all will be wasting time contacting them 

 

Best shot is probably go to Lake City this year and get return trip next season or being willing to offer a reasonable stipend this year and return trip next year 

 

That's why I don't think a game would Vero would happen because Vero isn't willing to come to Lake City as they always want to buy off teams to keep the game at home and that won't fly with Columbia County, even though attendance seems to drop every year they find heavy value in getting a home game for whatever reason but me personally I couldn't care one way or the other, I actually rather make a long travel to a game because it's more fun an experience from a fan perspective

Venice would be fine making the trip to Lake City. I was actually hoping we could get you guys to come to Powell Davis, though that probably isn’t realistic considering the travel situation and the pandemic at hand. But to respond to your point Vero Beach’s county is choosing to play a local schedule only due to Covid and that game isn’t going to happen until 2021 at least. I do think Venice vs Columbia would be a great matchup though, and hopefully the coaches can work out a deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Venice would be fine making the trip to Lake City. I was actually hoping we could get you guys to come to Powell Davis, though that probably isn’t realistic considering the travel situation and the pandemic at hand. But to respond to your point Vero Beach’s county is choosing to play a local schedule only due to Covid and that game isn’t going to happen until 2021 at least. I do think Venice vs Columbia would be a great matchup though, and hopefully the coaches can work out a deal.

Oh I agree and yes I know about the current situation with Vero however even if they weren't restricted this year I have doubts they would be willing to travel to us 

 

Personally I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Venice play in Lake City this year so that next year when I actually go to games I could make the ride down to Sarasota 

 

I wouldn't want to miss that kind of trip 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If not maybe they can work something out for a future series starting next year 

 

It would be a good Matchup for both programs who haven't played in decades 

Sorry Columbiafan, just saw on twitter Coach Peacock filled week 1 with America  Heritage and Week 2 with IMG ACADEMY!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

They could always work towards 2021

 

Idk why more teams don't schedule in advance

Venice vs Columbia could happen in 2021. Next year if you guys have a specific week open please contact me so I can let Coach Peacock know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Columbia don’t want no smoke from any team South of Ocala. 

 

Said same thing only for us to drive 4 hours and smoke IMG

 

But let me guess most will say "preseason so it don't matter, Columbia still a nothing program" 

 

Played Atlantic last year while missing half our defensive starters and still hung with them for 3 quarters and they were top team in PBC

 

Columbia fears nobody

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


  • Posts

    • Very true. The same applies to Orlando. But if you follow the game carefully, you know. In the Orlando area, it is not always active recruiting. Some programs tend to sell themselves. 
    • Youth football, I would agree that kickoffs will be eliminated within a year or two. High School Football might take a little longer. 
    • Though I will say at least SFL is more transparent with transfers, up here in North and Central FL many counties the transfers are never reported by the media, for example a team up here like Lee probably gets similar transfers to what STA would get in a normal year but most people wouldn't know that as the media up in Jacksonville never cover transfers so it would seem from outside that they are all homegrown talent but a lot of stuff happens behind closed doors in jacksonville only for the media to look the other way 
    • No doubt there is some stacking of teams in metro Orlando. But even with that, it is not as bad as down south. There it is totally out of hand and has been even before the era of open enrollment. That is because, coaches openly recruit the kids from the pee wee leagues. There are literally no guard rails. The population density which is greater than in Orlando makes it easy even if the kid has no reliable transportation. 
    • The popularity of 7v7 has increased the contact between the players, especially on the all-star teams that have been created. Just as players in the NBA have been trying to assemble super teams, these high schoolers are working at the same goal. A team I follow is much improved this season as the result of almost 10 transfers, with almost all performing important starting roles. The transfer rule has made this possible.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...