Schedule Changes

Hwy17

28 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Dang no state for ColumbiaHighFan2020class 

Teams don't have to be playing by the opt in date, just have to decide if they joining or not but IDC if we in state series 

If we ain't beating Miami Central to win a state championship we ain't winning a true Championship

Rather win no titles than win in a middle school Classification facing teams who don't have a prayer of winning before they even take the field 

48 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Teams don't have to be playing by the opt in date, just have to decide if they joining or not but IDC if we in state series 

If we ain't beating Miami Central to win a state championship we ain't winning a true Championship

Rather win no titles than win in a middle school Classification facing teams who don't have a prayer of winning before they even take the field 

Yall could play Escambia they beat Miami 62-27 last year . So they count

46 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I get it. No South Florida teams in the playoffs kinda makes the championship mean less but 6a is hardly a "middle school" classification. There some really good 6a teams South of I4 outside of Miami.

7 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

I get it. No South Florida teams in the playoffs kinda makes the championship mean less but 6a is hardly a "middle school" classification. There some really good 6a teams South of I4 outside of Miami.

Actually that comment was directed more at 1a where a certain team has been piling on Championships against weak competition

To me If I'm not beating the absolute best team in the state then what is a state championship trophy mean? One of 8 of them and it's not even having the strongest counties in the state it deludes what it means to win it in my eyes 

To me I've always chased a state championship but it was never about the trophy, the trophy is just an object. The part I'm chasing is the opportunity to see if Columbia still has what it takes to hold their own against the best the state has to offer as I watch a community around me slowly turn their back on the program and a city where no kids feel they have a future 

The Championship to me is one last shot to pull a broken community together and it can't be just anyone, it needs to be the absolute best team in the state that we could play from the best county in the state for the title to mean that to me and in my eyes it's always been Miami Central, that's the team that come h*** or high water it has to be 

5 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Actually that comment was directed more at 1a where a certain team has been piling on Championships against weak competition

To me If I'm not beating the absolute best team in the state then what is a state championship trophy mean? One of 8 of them and it's not even having the strongest counties in the state it deludes what it means to win it in my eyes 

To me I've always chased a state championship but it was never about the trophy, the trophy is just an object. The part I'm chasing is the opportunity to see if Columbia still has what it takes to hold their own against the best the state has to offer as I watch a community around me slowly turn their back on the program and a city where no kids feel they have a future 

The Championship to me is one last shot to pull a broken community together and it can't be just anyone, it needs to be the absolute best team in the state that we could play from the best county in the state for the title to mean that to me and in my eyes it's always been Miami Central, that's the team that come h*** or high water it has to be 

So let me ask you this: FHSAA is throwing out districts and will reclassify for the playoffs. Given that most the really large schools from Miami-Dade are opting out, I foresee a lot of schools moving up.  If Columbia gets moved up and had to go through Lakeland or STA would you feel the same?

3 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

So let me ask you this: FHSAA is throwing out districts and will reclassify for the playoffs. Given that most the really large schools from Miami-Dade are opting out, I foresee a lot of schools moving up.  If Columbia gets moved up and had to go through Lakeland or STA would you feel the same?

I suppose if that ends up being the case and we faced STA I could see that as legitimate enough of a challenge to fit the bill as in my own Rankings STA was the only team I ranked higher than Miami Central

Idk if Lakeland this year would hold Same weight as beating them the last 2 years would have 

It just needs to be a team that in a normal year it would have been a possible state championship that would have been seen as such

Now if say we end up with a state championship where we face New Smyrna Beach or a Tallahassee Lincoln then no I wouldn't see that as a state championship as that would have been a normal regional Playoff matchup, not a state title 

54 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It just needs to be a team that in a normal year it would have been a possible state championship that would have been seen as such

Now if say we end up with a state championship where we face New Smyrna Beach or a Tallahassee Lincoln then no I wouldn't see that as a state championship as that would have been a normal regional Playoff matchup, not a state title 

How would you feel if it was say, Charlotte, Fort Myers, Auburndale or Lake Gibson?

24 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Probably would feel depleted because while those are solid programs, us beating any of those 4 wouldn't get us much respect as a Program capable of hanging with the best in the state 

Those programs are very good. And capable of beating Miami Central on any given year.

19 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

Those programs are very good. And capable of beating Miami Central on any given year.

Naples was having one of it's strongest years in a while this past season and was better than Charlotte and Fort Myers and even with Miami Central being vulnerable, Naples got hammered so I'm sorry to say I have doubts on that, I'll believe it when I see it, SWFL hasn't had a good track record as of late when facing teams from Broward and Dade

Lake Gibson did put up a fight against Carol City a few years back but I don't think they could on a yearly basis hang with an elite Miami team like they did that year 

2 hours ago, Hwy17 said:

Very, very few 6A teams in the Orlando area. I think Lake Minneola may be the closest 6A team to Orlando.

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Naples was having one of it's strongest years in a while this past season and was better than Charlotte and Fort Myers and even with Miami Central being vulnerable, Naples got hammered so I'm sorry to say I have doubts on that, I'll believe it when I see it, SWFL hasn't had a good track record as of late when facing teams from Broward and Dade

Lake Gibson did put up a fight against Carol City a few years back but I don't think they could on a yearly basis hang with an elite Miami team like they did that year 

The key words was "any given".  You never known. But they're always there in the mix. I should have mentioned Palmetto. Another good program always in the mix.  I agree, they're not always consistent, like Miami Central, but don't ever underestimate them or refer to them as "middle school".  They're all every bit a good as Columbia.

1 minute ago, Hwy17 said:

The key words was "any given".  You never known. But they're always there in the mix. I should have mentioned Palmetto. Another good program always in the mix.  I agree, they're not always consistent, like Miami Central, but don't ever underestimate them or refer to them as "middle school".  They're all every bit a good as Columbia.

Was referring to 1a being middle school, not 6a

I say this because many people out there will compare Madison and Columbia and say Madison is the better program because they have more state titles but you got to look at who they have beaten for those titles and ask yourself if they had to face the teams Columbia did in their playoff roads would they have those state titles 

And ik the next argument would be well Madison is a smaller team so comparing their playoffs is silly but if someone is gonna claim they a better program than a team size shouldn't matter, Miami Booker T is a smaller school than Columbia however when people compare the 2 you don't even think about school size, because even smaller BTW has beaten more than enough teams to put them on par with larger schools to the point size doesn't matter so why should it matter when comparing Madison and Columbia

As for the main point of the topic I don't doubt those programs are good ones however ik if we win state beating those teams we would have a solid win however people will say instantly, "you all wouldn't have won if Miami Dade was in the postseason, you all would have never beaten a SFL team" so us winning state this year would not get the program the respect that it deserves by earning a Championship

6 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Was referring to 1a being middle school, not 6a

I say this because many people out there will compare Madison and Columbia and say Madison is the better program because they have more state titles but you got to look at who they have beaten for those titles and ask yourself if they had to face the teams Columbia did in their playoff roads would they have those state titles 

And ik the next argument would be well Madison is a smaller team so comparing their playoffs is silly but if someone is gonna claim they a better program than a team size shouldn't matter, Miami Booker T is a smaller school than Columbia however when people compare the 2 you don't even think about school size, because even smaller BTW has beaten more than enough teams to put them on par with larger schools to the point size doesn't matter so why should it matter when comparing Madison and Columbia

As for the main point of the topic I don't doubt those programs are good ones however ik if we win state beating those teams we would have a solid win however people will say instantly, "you all wouldn't have won if Miami Dade was in the postseason, you all would have never beaten a SFL team" so us winning state this year would not get the program the respect that it deserves by earning a Championship

What if y'all ended up playing a Brevard team like say Rockledge or Eau Gallie?