Florida all time tournament (preview questions)

DisabledAccount

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Who on here would participate in an all time Florida tournament when it comes to voting/analyzing matchups?

I have it nearly ready but before I go through the trouble of finalizing the 8 total brackets I want to make sure there will be enough interest in doing so

I'm in if Madison is in. And no blountstown or baker

2 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

I'd love to help, but I'm not that familiar with all-time Florida HS football statistics. I've only been following it for the last few years. Before that, I was following college football almost exclusively.

You a alabama fan

3 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

I'd love to help, but I'm not that familiar with all-time Florida HS football statistics. I've only been following it for the last few years. Before that, I was following college football almost exclusively.

That's fine, I see this tournament as a way to celebrate the past as well as learn from it, if I sit here saying someone had to have seen all these teams to be a part of it then it would never happen (just like if I sat back waiting nobody would have done an all time Columbia team since the school would never have the ambition to do something that good)

I'm gonna wait and see how many people join up and when I feel we have enough I'll start releasing matchups

Each bracket will have 4 play in games to earn the spots in the final 64 of their individual bracket, but this should be a fun debate and include the best programs and teams in Florida history duking it out 

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I'm gonna wait and see how many people join up and when I feel we have enough I'll start releasing matchups

Each bracket will have 4 play in games to earn the spots in the final 64 of their individual bracket, but this should be a fun debate and include the best programs and teams in Florida history duking it out 

STA wins. Kings of Florida 

Just now, Jesse said:

STA wins. Kings of Florida 

Lol it's possible but hardly guaranteed, the best STA teams were probably in the past 15 years and I can think of a few teams in that same stretch who probably had teams better than any STA team 

That's what gonna make this bracket interesting

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Lol it's possible but hardly guaranteed, the best STA teams were probably in the past 15 years and I can think of a few teams in that same stretch who probably had teams better than any STA team 

That's what gonna make this bracket interesting

Idk,  have you ever seen STA in person 

Just now, Jesse said:

Bolles campus is amazing i never been but. I would like to go. Best I seen in a high school.  

I have been there the road stands are a weird setup and it's odd a program like Bolles don't have a band 

Instead they play a few college band songs over the loudspeaker in pregame

22 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I have been there the road stands are a weird setup and it's odd a program like Bolles don't have a band 

Instead they play a few college band songs over the loudspeaker in pregame

Off topic does Columbia have cross country 

Jesse reminds me of a young buck that was on this message board when it first came on. Years later that young buck is now a moderator. Jesse keep pushing youngin, the sky is the limit. 

10 hours ago, Just A Coach said:

Jesse reminds me of a young buck that was on this message board when it first came on. Years later that young buck is now a moderator. Jesse keep pushing youngin, the sky is the limit. 

I could never criticize Columbia when I first joined since the coaches up there knew who I was and I worked out there

Now I don't work out there so the school has no leverage over me now and I'm able to be more honest about the program

Are you gonna join this project or not? 

18 hours ago, Jesse said:

Idk,  have you ever seen STA in person 

I have to agree with Jesse. I took my grandson to a lineman camp at UCF last summer (2019), and STA's entire OL and DL were there. I thought I was looking at top tier SEC lines; they were long and huge, not fat at all, and they were athletic. I would say the OL averaged at least 310-320 and the DL about 275-280. I wouldn't bet against them in a HS game.