No fans allowed in Hillsborough County games

181pl

3 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Another bad decision. Only a few family members of players, cheerleaders, and band members. 

I could see some limitations on crowd size, but they aren't even allowing regular students to attend. SDHC is a steaming pile of sh@#. 

They are doing whatever they can to have a Season, it's about the kids because they won't get a bunch of times to suit up and play, someone like you or me will have plenty of chances to go to games when this is over 

I'm sure most would have whined if they said no capacity limits but have to wear a mask to enter so they shut down allowing fans. Blame the idiots who are too stubborn to care about anyone but themselves (like the ones who I've seen videos of throwing a fit in stores for not allowing entry because they won't wear a mask!)

The title of this topic is a little misleading.   Each player on the 60-man roster, each band member, each cheerleader and each coach will be allotted four tickets to be distributed electronically to parents, friends, etc.   So, you might get 500-600 fans per team at each game.   Trust me (and I know you know this), there are some schools in Hillsborough County that would be thrilled to get that many fans at one of their games.  :P   Of course, there are other schools that are going to suffer.  

It probably didn't help that Hillsborough and Jefferson had players test positive for COVID right before the final announcement was made.  I think the County is trying to do what it can to allow as much football as possible to be played this year without the whole ball of wax getting shut down by COVID.   

In short, half of loaf is better than no loaf at all.  Or, in the case of some schools, a bite or two of the bread is better than no loaf at all. 

3 hours ago, 181pl said:

Another bad decision. Only a few family members of players, cheerleaders, and band members. 

I could see some limitations on crowd size, but they aren't even allowing regular students to attend. SDHC is a steaming pile of sh@#. 

Same in Orange County; 2 people per player, and no cheerleaders or band. Hopefully that will change as virus numbers continue to go down.

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

They are doing whatever they can to have a Season, it's about the kids because they won't get a bunch of times to suit up and play, someone like you or me will have plenty of chances to go to games when this is over 

I'm sure most would have whined if they said no capacity limits but have to wear a mask to enter so they shut down allowing fans. Blame the idiots who are too stubborn to care about anyone but themselves (like the ones who I've seen videos of throwing a fit in stores for not allowing entry because they won't wear a mask!)

Here in Orlando area, fans have been very supportive of wearing masks and social distancing, especially when it comes to attending sports venues. The greatest resistance on anything to do with in-class school and sports being played, including fans in the stands has come from the teachers union and their representatives. The Orlando City Soccer team will be playing before fans, and so will UCF football with 20-25% attendance.

Hmmmmmm. I thought that masks and social distancing were to keep you from getting the virus. So, I guess that only applies everywhere but in a football stadium. So anyone can safely go to a Walmart (inside) with a mask and social distancing but can't go safely with a mask and social distancing at a stadium (outside). I'm surprised the powers to be are not making the players where masks and social distance when on the field of play. I guess the powers to be missed the latest CDC report which stated that out of 151,000 people that have died in the US only 9,000 or so died from Covid-19. The rest died from or with other comorbidities. If you doubt it go to the CDC website.  One of the enjoyments at my age is going to the games to watch the team that I support. I have no student at the school so I guess I'm SOL. I just think this whole thing is beyond absurd. B)

3 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Hmmmmmm. I thought that masks and social distancing were to keep you from getting the virus. So, I guess that only applies everywhere but in a football stadium. So anyone can safely go to a Walmart (inside) with a mask and social distancing but can't go safely with a mask and social distancing at a stadium (outside). I'm surprised the powers to be are not making the players where masks and social distance when on the field of play. I guess the powers to be missed the latest CDC report which stated that out of 151,000 people that have died in the US only 9,000 or so died from Covid-19. The rest died from or with other comorbidities. If you doubt it go to the CDC website.  One of the enjoyments at my age is going to the games to watch the team that I support. I have no student at the school so I guess I'm SOL. I just think this whole thing is beyond absurd. B)

If everyone would actually wear it then it would 

If only some of the people wear a mask it is useless because the mask is designed to keep those carrying it currently wether they have symptoms or are asymptomatic. But if the person carrying the virus isn't wearing it then it's useless and because a few ignorant lunatics out there will throw a hissy fit about being forced to wear a mask when entering a store much less a stadium maybe some of them realized it's easier to not fight with people and just shut it down

Want to blame someone? Blame those idiots who went whining about masks being a control tactic because they didn't want to wear them

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If everyone would actually wear it then it would 

If only some of the people wear a mask it is useless because the mask is designed to keep those carrying it currently wether they have symptoms or are asymptomatic. But if the person carrying the virus isn't wearing it then it's useless and because a few ignorant lunatics out there will throw a hissy fit about being forced to wear a mask when entering a store much less a stadium maybe some of them realized it's easier to not fight with people and just shut it down

Want to blame someone? Blame those idiots who went whining about masks being a control tactic because they didn't want to wear them

Wellllllllll. The folks coming into a stadium are checked at the gate, are they not? If they have a mask on and know the rules then things should be fine. Plus it's outside where viruses don't propagate like inside. You can't shut the entire world down because of a few idiots otherwise none of us would drive on a highway would we.

4 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Wellllllllll. The folks coming into a stadium are checked at the gate, are they not? If they have a mask on and know the rules then things should be fine. Plus it's outside where viruses don't propagate like inside. You can't shut the entire world down because of a few idiots otherwise none of us would drive on a highway would we.

While I agree it should be simple what will happen when someone is told to wear a mask or they can't enter and they decide to hold the entire line up by throwing a fit and charge into the stadium (this will happen if an opening is granted) 

My point is it would be easier if we could trust people to be respectful and follow the rules but we can't trust people unfortunately

As for the highway example in that case a police officer could pull them over for a ticket or arrest them, can't exactly arrest someone for not wearing a mask as it is guaranteed to not hold up in court and could open a potential lawsuit over it (in addition to stubbornness, Americans are sue happy)

And @Proseteye I get what your coming from, I would have wore a damn hazmat suit if that's what it would have took to get the rest of the season back in the spring at softball

I would gladly wear a mask despite how hot as hell it is in Florida to go to football games but I understand that unfortunately there are selfish idiots out there who refuse to comply if they are against something, it's the best and worst of America rolled into one

That independent attitude is what makes America different from most counties but it's also why the virus is still such a issue here and why we have the problems we do now, people are too independent for the good of the people as a whole

In Punta Gorda they pre-sold to parents of team, cheer and band. Then they have the remaining available tickets (up to a 1,000 which is 1/4 capacity) to sell at gate. And, there's a District Wide edict that you have to wear a mask on school property at all times. Kids have been great this week in school. They want to be back.

Charlotte opens with Desoto - the last time this game was in the Fish Bowl, there were between 5-7,000 but that was the showdown between the State's Top Two rushers. This used to be an old rivalry with good traveling fans, but this is a very different year.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for two more days to get to finally see some live football. I think a lot of coaches and teams have worked harder than ever before  under these added Covid restrictions and uncertainty. Credit goes out to all of them, and the athletes  so games can get played. 

I'm guessing a lot of people on this site played - think about it being your senior year and being faced with this. If you had a knee or other debilitating injury its hard to accept, but losing a season like this, man it would weigh on me the rest of my life. But then again, I still have reoccurring dreams about two minute drill drives in college. 

44 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

My county doing the same though 50% probably is a normal crowd for us, I don't think we surpassed 50% in 5 years 

How good is lazindex.com.  because it pretty much says madison is light years better than 1A, and on the same level as booker t, carol city , vero Beach. Etc 

6 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

While I agree it should be simple what will happen when someone is told to wear a mask or they can't enter and they decide to hold the entire line up by throwing a fit and charge into the stadium (this will happen if an opening is granted) 

My point is it would be easier if we could trust people to be respectful and follow the rules but we can't trust people unfortunately

As for the highway example in that case a police officer could pull them over for a ticket or arrest them, can't exactly arrest someone for not wearing a mask as it is guaranteed to not hold up in court and could open a potential lawsuit over it (in addition to stubbornness, Americans are sue happy)

Come on Man.  If it's posted that you won't get in unless you have a mask on then nobody is going to throw a fit and hold up the line. That is really a stretch. I was talking about fatal accidents that happen on the highways due to idiots.

9 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Come on Man.  If it's posted that you won't get in unless you have a mask on then nobody is going to throw a fit and hold up the line. That is really a stretch. I was talking about fatal accidents that happen on the highways due to idiots.

It was posted clear as day at those stores they require a mask before entry and people still disobey it and throw a fit when an employee asks them to follow the rules so no I don't think it's that far a stretch

Nothing surprises me in this country anymore

32 minutes ago, Jesse said:

How good is lazindex.com.  because it pretty much says madison is light years better than 1A, and on the same level as booker t, carol city , vero Beach. Etc 

I don't fully understand the laz index but maybe @DarterBlue2 can either ask laz to come on here and explain it to you or at least find out enough to explain the formula

He explained it on here before but I can't remember where it was on here but try searching for laz index in the forum search engine and you might be able to find older posts about the laz index 

20 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Yes there are idiots that cause accidents but 2 wrongs don't make a right 

We don't excuse people being selfish and refusing to wear a masks just because we can't take all the bad drivers off the road, it doesn't work like that 

32 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I don't fully understand the laz index but maybe @DarterBlue2 can either ask laz to come on here and explain it to you or at least find out enough to explain the formula

He explained it on here before but I can't remember where it was on here but try searching for laz index in the forum search engine and you might be able to find older posts about the laz index 

He knows madison beast.  

10 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Nothing surprises me in this country anymore

You're right. It's even possible, but highly unlikely,  that some day in another century, we may have some guy foolish enough to run for President from his basement; now that would be far-fetched and ridiculous, wouldn't it?. LOL

1 hour ago, HornetFan said:

You're right. It's even possible, but highly unlikely,  that some day in another century, we may have some guy foolish enough to run for President from his basement; now that would be far-fetched and ridiculous, wouldn't it?. LOL

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/columns/story?columnist=lawlor_christopher&id=3393778