Venice vs IMG tonight

VeniceIndianFan

Age-old question:  talent vs. team. 

Venice will need to 7-yard button-hook it all the way down the field and hope to eat up a lot of clock and keep the ball out of IMG's hands.  If they can do this, they have a chance to frustrate IMG and pull the upset.   That said, the betting man side of me would put my money on IMG to win the game. 

10 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Age-old question:  talent vs. team. 

Venice will need to 7-yard button-hook it all the way down the field and hope to eat up a lot of clock and keep the ball out of IMG's hands.  If they can do this, they have a chance to frustrate IMG and pull the upset.   That said, the betting man side of me would put my money on IMG to win the game. 

I understand why you would bet on IMG Academy. Nice analysis like always, Perspective.:wub:

11 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

If Venice is within 2-3 touchdowns at the half, it will be a moral victory. But, that's the only victory Venice fans can realistically  hope for. I say IMG in a romp; too big, too fast, too talented. IMG size and depth will wear Venice 

prime Venice vs IMG 2020

IMG 49 - Venice 13. All considered Venice played a pretty good game. IMG had a load of penalties otherwise the score may have been worse. Both teams had early season jitters causing mistakes. IMG QB is very good. There was a large crowd with the majority wearing masks but no social distancing. I'm quite sure that Venice HS allowed anyone in that wanted to see the game. So maybe there is hope for decent crowds for other games.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Img has fans why. 

The game was at Venice so I would imagine that the majority of the fans were from the Venice area. Also, I would think that quite a few people, from not only the Bradenton area but other areas of Florida, just like seeing the number one team in the nation play. Maybe they like to see how well an opponent does against them.

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

Img has fans why. 

Not sure they do, they have a student body, some that wander in and out, and parents, most of whom live elsewhere, but "fans" are not prevalent in the stands at the IMG at the games I've attended.

That said I live in Bradenton so going is really to watch football, not necessarily root for either team. So the term fans should have been people who want to watch live football.

41 minutes ago, Legion37 said:

Not sure they do, they have a student body, some that wander in and out, and parents, most of whom live elsewhere, but "fans" are not prevalent in the stands at the IMG at the games I've attended.

That said I live in Bradenton so going is really to watch football, not necessarily root for either team. So the term fans should have been people who want to watch live football.

Madison lost 47-0

18 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Madison defeated Jefferson County 47-0.

Ik  but madison ain't that good they young. Kind of on the online.  They can win every game.  But would lose 3 or 4 with the schedule last year.  Florida high might be hard, madison gonna win 1a,  but its not gonna be easy. Still madison must win state.  Even if they lose a game or 2.

58 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Ik  but madison ain't that good they young. Kind of on the online.  They can win every game.  But would lose 3 or 4 with the schedule last year.  Florida high might be hard, madison gonna win 1a,  but its not gonna be easy. Still madison must win state.  Even if they lose a game or 2.

I heard that Jefferson County had to play two of their cheerleaders on offense just to get to a full team. If Madison needs a few opponents, Pop Warner in Central Florida starts up soon.