South Sumter 49 - Wildwood 30

Proseteye

Wow. 4A South Sumter must have struggled with 1A Wildwood. From everything I have reviewed preseason South Sumter looked as though they were going to have a great year with most of their starters back and a senior laden team. They play us next Friday in Ocala. Now that we've added Gainesville, Bolles, and Sandlewood to our schedule possibly South Sumter may not be our toughest opponent this season. :unsure:

12 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Wow. 4A South Sumter must have struggled with 1A Wildwood. From everything I have reviewed preseason South Sumter looked as though they were going to have a great year with most of their starters back and a senior laden team. They play us next Friday in Ocala. Now that we've added Gainesville, Bolles, and Sandlewood to our schedule possibly South Sumter may not be our toughest opponent this season. :unsure:

Gainesville still rebuilding and sandalwood is poorly coached but yeah South Sumter probably won't be the toughest game 

6 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Gainesville still rebuilding and sandalwood is poorly coached but yeah South Sumter probably won't be the toughest game 

What do you mean Sandalwood is poorly coached (examples please)? Asking for a friend.

6 minutes ago, Just A Coach said:

What do you mean Sandalwood is poorly coached (examples please)? Asking for a friend.

I could point to several things 

For one I could point to how Sandalwood has more talent each year on paper than any public in Duval county and still can barely make the playoffs (if they do they lose in first round)

I could point to what I've seen of them on film in the past where their play calling is vanilla and doesn't fully utilize the talent they have 

I could point to the multiple accounts from people in Jacksonville who have spoken to me or said publically that Sandalwood coaching has been holding them back 

45 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Oh give me a break, I never questioned the effort of a coach but using your logic any coach who shows up is a good coach 

Anyone else on here can have an opinion but when I have one everyone wants to act like they are better than me or that I can't have one 

I'm the only damn poster on here who has the balls to put his own work out there and I'm not gonna be talked down to by you, if you think you such a good poster you can run the damn pickems

I quit!

My bad, I forgot I was dealing with an adolescent. You can dish it but can't take it. 

Columbiafan, you really deleted our back and forth posts? WTF... This post above which I have re-posted is all I have left  because I clicked on the back arrow once I seen that it was deleted (believe me there is much more) and I never said anything that would require my post's from being deleted. We went back and forth after that post but all the post between us got deleted by YOU (COLUMBIAFAN). Josh you need to go back and take a look if you can. This kid is out of control. He didn't like what I said in a reply to him calling Sandalwood coaches being "poor coaches" and he actually deleted our conversation. It sucks because I was kinda proud about the post that stated, "are you pissed because your mom made meatloaf for dinner even though she knows you hate meatlaof". LOL. This has happened a few times in the past where I have seen that my post's were not there anymore but I didn't really think too much about it. Now I know for sure that this kid is abusing the power that you gave him. By the way Columbiafan, I grew wiser and took a picture of this post!

Josh, notice that you don't see the original post from Columbiafan that starts at "oh give me a break". You only see the reply that I quoted. Thats because somehow it got deleted. Everything after my post of "What do you mean Sandalwood is poorly coached (examples please)? Asking for a friend." is deleted. You only see his reply, That should be more than enough evidence that this kid is out of line. The "My bad, I forgot I was dealing with an adolescent. You can dish it but can't take it." comment was put back up by me after it and other posts were deleted. 

He did this because the viewers would only see his rebuttal, which is what he intended. I schooled him and he didn't like it so he used the power and admin access to the forum you gave him to delete it. It's crazy that he would do this because the comments and rebuttals were totally innocent on both parts. He called me a hypocrite and I said his mom cooked his least favorite dish for dinner. Seems pretty innocent to me. Not worth deleting. I would call him a communist but that might get me moved to the off topic board.

6 hours ago, Just A Coach said:

Josh, notice that you don't see the original post from Columbiafan that starts at "oh give me a break". You only see the reply that I quoted. Thats because somehow it got deleted. Everything after my post of "What do you mean Sandalwood is poorly coached (examples please)? Asking for a friend." is deleted. You only see his reply, That should be more than enough evidence that this kid is out of line. The "My bad, I forgot I was dealing with an adolescent. You can dish it but can't take it." comment was put back up by me after it and other posts were deleted. 

He did this because the viewers would only see his rebuttal, which is what he intended. I schooled him and he didn't like it so he used the power and admin access to the forum you gave him to delete it. It's crazy that he would do this because the comments and rebuttals were totally innocent on both parts. He called me a hypocrite and I said his mom cooked his least favorite dish for dinner. Seems pretty innocent to me. Not worth deleting. I would call him a communist but that might get me moved to the off topic board.

That was funny

I think my earlier prediction was correct that South Sumter was going to be difficult to deal with. Madison just did get by South Sumter 18-13 and I heard that Madison was held scoreless in the 2nd half. Believe this game was at Boot Hill no less. We have SS at home next Friday. Hope they allow all of the fans into Celtic stadium.

34 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I think my earlier prediction was correct that South Sumter was going to be difficult to deal with. Madison just did get by South Sumter 18-13 and I heard that Madison was held scoreless in the 2nd half. Believe this game was at Boot Hill no less. We have SS at home next Friday. Hope they allow all of the fans into Celtic stadium.

Madison was holding back .Do not talk down to a team who gave a south Florida team hell last year. Who gon see what yall got against south. If I'm correct did yall get smashed by Pensacola catholic last year. Who is light years light years worse than this south Florida team. 

On 9/12/2020 at 1:32 AM, Jesse said:

Madison was holding back .Do not talk down to a team who gave a south Florida team hell last year. Who gon see what yall got against south. If I'm correct did yall get smashed by Pensacola catholic last year. Who is light years light years worse than this south Florida team. 

Wow. Where in any of my messages did I "talk down" about Madison? I simply stated the facts. A 5 point game is a very close game especially since it was played at Boot Hill. I was comparing how well South Sumter had done against one of the best teams in the state as we play South Sumter this coming Friday. I had said before the season that South Sumter was going to be one of our toughest games and they proved that against Madison. Also, we didn't get smashed against Pensacola Catholic. It was a two score game and did not reflect how equal the two teams really were. You have got to get a grip, please,  as you look kind of foolish with some of your assumptions.

What SFL team? Pahokee? The same Pahokee who lost to 5-6 TCA?

5 hours ago, Jesse said:

Cocoa almost lost to south sumter 

Okay but what does that have to do with the question about a SFL team that Madison dominated?

Also didn't Pahokee have a lead with around a minute to go in the game? How is getting one lucky break at the end of the game dominating?

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Okay but what does that have to do with the question about a SFL team that Madison dominated?

Also didn't Pahokee have a lead with around a minute to go in the game? How is getting one lucky break at the end of the game dominating?

In my early post I said south gave cocoa hell. That was the team I was talking about.  All I said about Madison was they were holding back.  

5 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Nothing at all I'm confused about what he's even talking about now. He said a South Florida team. Now he's bringing up Cocoa and not saying anything about the South Florida team

7 hours ago, Jesse said:

South Sumter almost beat cocoa

You mean South Sumter came back and almost sent the game into overtime but got intercepted on the game tying drive? But again you not saying what South Florida team it is you're talking about that Madison gave hell. And what kind of sense does it make that Madison so called held back during the game? That's just like saying Cocoa took their foot off the pedal to make it game worth while.

4 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

You mean South Sumter came back and almost sent the game into overtime but got intercepted on the game tying drive? But again you not saying what South Florida team it is you're talking about that Madison gave hell. And what kind of sense does it make that Madison so called held back during the game? That's just like saying Cocoa took their foot off the pedal to make it game worth while.

Never said madison.  I said they were holding back against south Sumter 

You keep bringing up Cocoa but they aren't a SFL team, they play in the north bracket and brevard is Central FL not SFL

I'm not sure what SFL team South Sumter or Madison "gave hell" last year 

Let me try to explain what I think Jesse is thinking:

The name of the city of Cocoa comes from the word "coconut."  Coconuts, in turn, come from palm trees.  Palm trees are typically found in places like Palm Beach County and the city of West Palm Beach, which are both down next to Ft. Lauderdale and Miami, which we all know are in south Florida.   Therefore, we must ignore the fact that Cocoa is on about the same latitude line as Orlando (which means it's north of Tampa), and come to the indisputable conclusion that Cocoa is in south Florida.  Got it?  B)