South Sumter 49 - Wildwood 30

Proseteye

8 minutes ago, Jesse said:

South Sumter big over trinity catholic.  

Considering that Trinity Catholic hasn't played a game this season what makes you think that South Sumter will defeat them big time? Do you know anything about Trinity Catholic, their players, and their coaches? The Celtics defeated South Sumter last season at South Sumter even though the Celtics were no where near the quality team they are today. I'm not saying that you are wrong or that South Sumter won't defeat the Celtics. South Sumter is always a quality team and are very tough to a player. We will have our hands full on Friday. Just curious why you are so sure that South Sumter will get the win especially since the game will be played at Celtic Field. I would assume since they came close to beating Madison that would be a reason. However, they struggled against 1A Wildwood the week before.

21 minutes ago, Jags904 said:

Sandalwood’s coaching is what holds them back from being a perennial state title contender 

Most people in North Florida know this but some out there think they know more about the area than people who are actually in North Florida

Columbia made it to the final 4 in 2015 with maybe 1/3rd the D1 talent that sandalwood has every year and yet people say we are poorly coached 

Funny how Sandalwood gets a free pass but Columbia doesn't even though Columbia has actually been moderately successful in the postseason this decade making it past the first round 7 times since 2011 while I'm having a hard time remembering how many playoff wins in total Sandalwood had in that stretch

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

They is dude. They not central Florida they south. Look it up 

Since when has Cocoa been considered South Florida? That's news to me and I'm from Cocoa. Brevard County is considered Central Florida. Orlando is directly west of central Brevard and Tampa is directly west of south Brevard. Tell me this what is the distance between Miami and Jacksonville from Cocoa? Takes less time to get to Jacksonville. I know from experience 

1 hour ago, Proseteye said:

Considering that Trinity Catholic hasn't played a game this season what makes you think that South Sumter will defeat them big time? Do you know anything about Trinity Catholic, their players, and their coaches? The Celtics defeated South Sumter last season at South Sumter even though the Celtics were no where near the quality team they are today. I'm not saying that you are wrong or that South Sumter won't defeat the Celtics. South Sumter is always a quality team and are very tough to a player. We will have our hands full on Friday. Just curious why you are so sure that South Sumter will get the win especially since the game will be played at Celtic Field. I would assume since they came close to beating Madison that would be a reason. However, they struggled against 1A Wildwood the week before.

They dropped 49 on wildwood.  Let me know when yall ever beat Pensacola catholic OK.  Madison has easily. 

37 minutes ago, Jesse said:

They dropped 49 on wildwood.  Let me know when yall ever beat Pensacola catholic OK.  Madison has easily. 

The only time that we played Pensacola Catholic, other than last year, was in 2010 when be defeated them in the 3rd round 21-14 and then won the championship. Went 14-0. Pensacola Catholic is always a tough team and well coached. Wildwood scored 30 on South Sumter. I think the only time we played Madison was in 2011 in the 3rd round. Madison defeated us 14-0 but their offense never scored against our defense. One score was a fumble recovery the other was a botched on side kick.

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Columbia made it to the final 4 in 2015 with maybe 1/3rd the D1 talent that sandalwood has every year and yet people say we are poorly coached 

The stars were aligned for Columbia in 2015. There wasn't a strong team in quadrant one, just a few solid teams.  It's too bad that Columbia couldn't find a way to squeak one out against Viera though. STA likely would have hung a 70 piece on your Tigers.

24 minutes ago, fishspinners said:

The stars were aligned for Columbia in 2015. There wasn't a strong team in quadrant one, just a few solid teams.  It's too bad that Columbia couldn't find a way to squeak one out against Viera though. STA likely would have hung a 70 piece on your Tigers.

Not our problem but it's funny it became weak when we won it but before the season people predicted we would finish maybe 3rd in our district and go 5-5

Besides our region ain't much different from what sandalwood normally has and they can't even make the playoffs

10 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Not our problem but it's funny it became weak when we won it but before the season people predicted we would finish maybe 3rd in our district and go 5-5

Besides our region ain't much different from what sandalwood normally has and they can't even make the playoffs

Oh yeah ColumbiaHighFan2020class yall going 5-5 big lost to madison king county 

6 hours ago, Perspective said:

Let me try to explain what I think Jesse is thinking:

The name of the city of Cocoa comes from the word "coconut."  Coconuts, in turn, come from palm trees.  Palm trees are typically found in places like Palm Beach County and the city of West Palm Beach, which are both down next to Ft. Lauderdale and Miami, which we all know are in south Florida.   Therefore, we must ignore the fact that Cocoa is on about the same latitude line as Orlando (which means it's north of Tampa), and come to the indisputable conclusion that Cocoa is in south Florida.  Got it?  B)

Thank you, Perspective.  Now it explains why Brevard County businesses have been tanking so badly.  They have been marketing themselves as central FL businesses when, in reality, their customers are located in south FL.  This is tragic. 

"The Melbourne Regional Chamber is the largest business organization in the East Central Florida region, offering the opportunity for networking, education, marketing and community involvement."   

https://www.melbourneregionalchamber.com/

20 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Most people in North Florida know this but some out there think they know more about the area than people who are actually in North Florida

Funny how Sandalwood gets a free pass but Columbia doesn't even though Columbia has actually been moderately successful in the postseason this decade making it past the first round 7 times since 2011 while I'm having a hard time remembering how many playoff wins in total Sandalwood had in that stretch

I would say Oakleaf and Sandalwood were the two most talented teams in the area last year and neither could make the playoffs. It’s clearly coaching. 

Columbia has enough talent on a year in year out basis to compete for a final four appearance, occasionally they have enough to win a state title. Whether they do it or not is up to a couple of factors, one of which is coaching 

15 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Thank you, Perspective.  Now it explains why Brevard County businesses have been tanking so badly.  They have been marketing themselves as central FL businesses when, in reality, their customers are located in south FL.  This is tragic. 

"The Melbourne Regional Chamber is the largest business organization in the East Central Florida region, offering the opportunity for networking, education, marketing and community involvement."   

https://www.melbourneregionalchamber.com/

Exactly, OldSchool!  Jesse's been driving up and down I-95 from Miami to Ft. Pierce and can't seem to find a single Brevard County store that's open for business.  Tragic indeed.