So is it final that south Florida is out of the state championship race???

THIS_IS_DILLARD

16 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Haven't heard anything and I see games have started....

Also I stay in Orlando now so what are some good games to check out this year ??

Here are some interesting Orlando area games for starters:

9/17:   Lake Brantley at Lake Mary

Jones at Bishop Moore

9/25:  Edgewater at Winter Park

Dr Phillips at Apopka

Mainland at Seminole

10/2:   Edgewater at Wekiva

Apopka at Lake Brantley

Seminole at Lake Minneola

10/9:    Jones at Apopka

Timber Creek at Edgewater

Lake Brantley at Seminole

Wekiva at Dr Phillips

10/16:    Edgewater at Kissimmee Osceola

Apopka at West Orange

Wekiva at Jones

19 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

Here are some interesting Orlando area games for starters:

9/17:   Lake Brantley at Lake Mary

Jones at Bishop Moore

9/25:  Edgewater at Winter Park

Dr Phillips at Apopka

Mainland at Seminole

10/2:   Edgewater at Wekiva

Apopka at Lake Brantley

Seminole at Lake Minneola

10/9:    Jones at Apopka

Timber Creek at Edgewater

Lake Brantley at Seminole

Wekiva at Dr Phillips

10/16:    Edgewater at Kissimmee Osceola

Apopka at West Orange

Wekiva at Jones

Winners in bold 

57 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Winners in bold 

I think you made some pretty good picks, most if not all those games should be very competitive and many could go either way. I don't think Osceola can beat Edgewater, even with the return of their QB from IMG. I have to give Edgewater props; they're playing what I think is the toughest schedule in Central Florida. Every week is either a top team in Central Florida or a rivalry game. Throw in IMG at IMG for Edgewater's opener and IMG already having two games under their belt. The young coach that took over at Edgewater two years ago may be building a Central Florida powerhouse for years to come.

3 hours ago, HornetFan said:

I think you made some pretty good picks, most if not all those games should be very competitive and many could go either way. I don't think Osceola can beat Edgewater, even with the return of their QB from IMG. I have to give Edgewater props; they're playing what I think is the toughest schedule in Central Florida. Every week is either a top team in Central Florida or a rivalry game. Throw in IMG at IMG for Edgewater's opener and IMG already having two games under their belt. The young coach that took over at Edgewater two years ago may be building a Central Florida powerhouse for years to come.

I don't know Edgewater's schedule but I think Wekiva"s is pretty strong.

Egg5ymFVkAIwh5d.jpg

The public schools in broward are going to start too late, but I heard that a couple with legit chances at a run like a Deerfield might try to opt in and squeeze in a game or 2 or whatever they need.  Not sure how they will do that when rest of public schools aren't practicing until 2-3rd week of October.     St. Thomas and Gibbons were holding with public schools for most part, but are starting this week, so they will opt in.  They will join Chaminade, Heritage and other privates in going for championship.

On 9/6/2020 at 1:12 AM, Just A Coach said:

I don't know Edgewater's schedule but I think Wekiva"s is pretty strong.

Egg5ymFVkAIwh5d.jpg

Edgewater's 2020 Football Schedule:

9/17  @ IMG

9/25   @Winter Park

10/2   @Wekiva

10/9   Timber Creek 

10/16  @Osceola

10/23  @Jones

10/30  Bishop Moore

11/6    Boone

1 hour ago, blystr2002 said:

The public schools in broward are going to start too late, but I heard that a couple with legit chances at a run like a Deerfield might try to opt in and squeeze in a game or 2 or whatever they need.  Not sure how they will do that when rest of public schools aren't practicing until 2-3rd week of October.     St. Thomas and Gibbons were holding with public schools for most part, but are starting this week, so they will opt in.  They will join Chaminade, Heritage and other privates in going for championship.

Yeah right!!!  We are talking South Florida schools. If they haven't been practicing illegally since the Spring, it would be a miracle. Just because Northwestern was the only one that got caught, you think they're the only one that has been cheating?

6 hours ago, HornetFan said:

Yeah right!!!  We are talking South Florida schools. If they haven't been practicing illegally since the Spring, it would be a miracle. Just because Northwestern was the only one that got caught, you think they're the only one that has been cheating?

I know some teams have been having players meet up at parks in small groups where a coach just happens to be.  I was more referring to the fact that public schools won't even have permission to play a game until I believe Oct. 26th is what they are looking at, so don't know how they could opt in. I know a couple teams are looking at different angles for it though.

14 hours ago, blystr2002 said:

I know some teams have been having players meet up at parks in small groups where a coach just happens to be.  I was more referring to the fact that public schools won't even have permission to play a game until I believe Oct. 26th is what they are looking at, so don't know how they could opt in. I know a couple teams are looking at different angles for it though.

Any school can opt in by September 18th, even if they are not yet playing.

1 hour ago, HornetFan said:

Any school can opt in by September 18th, even if they are not yet playing.

Correct.   So, if a school thinks that this is their year and they want to try to go the state playoff route (even if they know that they'll only get in 2 or 3 games before the state series begins, they'll have the right to make that choice.  But if they make that choice, and lose in the opening round of the playoffs, they'll only get to play 1, maybe 2, extra post-playoff games.  

Or they can opt out and get a full season's worth of games in and play in whatever playoff format gets devised for South Florida, knowing that if they can win that, they can still make the claim that they were the best team in the state. 

I can't speak for Miami or Palm Beach.  Broward BCAA schools aren't playing a full schedule.  Something like 5 or 6 plus a bonus.  Don't believe they are doing any type of playoff now.  1st game week is Oct. 26th. So, depending on the start date for playoffs if a public school tries to opt in they may only play one or 2 games, which is why most won't.  Losing 1st round and then scheduling extra games will be hard considering the county said teams can't leave the county or bring teams into the county. All the other opt out teams will have their schedules set already.

That is another problem to opting in for public schools.  They are told not to leave the county, but if are in the playoffs will have to go somewhere.  Honestly though only 1 public school in the county has a shot anyway and that is Deerfield just based on talent and transfers.  They haven't been able to put that together though in the past, so would be pretty hard in such a condensed time frame.

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Correct.   So, if a school thinks that this is their year and they want to try to go the state playoff route (even if they know that they'll only get in 2 or 3 games before the state series begins, they'll have the right to make that choice.  But if they make that choice, and lose in the opening round of the playoffs, they'll only get to play 1, maybe 2, extra post-playoff games.  

Or they can opt out and get a full season's worth of games in and play in whatever playoff format gets devised for South Florida, knowing that if they can win that, they can still make the claim that they were the best team in the state. 

They can claim whatever they like, but they won't be the state champion, even if they are from South Florida.

2 hours ago, blystr2002 said:

I can't speak for Miami or Palm Beach.  Broward BCAA schools aren't playing a full schedule.  Something like 5 or 6 plus a bonus.  Don't believe they are doing any type of playoff now.  1st game week is Oct. 26th. So, depending on the start date for playoffs if a public school tries to opt in they may only play one or 2 games, which is why most won't.  Losing 1st round and then scheduling extra games will be hard considering the county said teams can't leave the county or bring teams into the county. All the other opt out teams will have their schedules set already.

That is another problem to opting in for public schools.  They are told not to leave the county, but if are in the playoffs will have to go somewhere.  Honestly though only 1 public school in the county has a shot anyway and that is Deerfield just based on talent and transfers.  They haven't been able to put that together though in the past, so would be pretty hard in such a condensed time frame.

Public school wise Deerfield is not the only one with a chance Dillard has a Squad plus more coming back and a head coach from chaminade with championship pedigree. 

But yea only 2 games if opted in is crazy 

47 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Public school wise Deerfield is not the only one with a chance Dillard has a Squad plus more coming back and a head coach from chaminade with championship pedigree. 

So no Pahokee for 1a . 

2 hours ago, HornetFan said:

They can claim whatever they like, but they won't be the state champion, even if they are from South Florida.

Which is why I said they could make the argument that they were "the best team in the state" and not "state champions."  B)

And with that, the clock is ticking for Columbia to jump in and make the argument (again) that a team who wins a state championship this year without the south Florida schools doesn't deserve to be a state champion.   :D

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Which is why I said they could make the argument that they were "the best team in the state" and not "state champions."  B)

And with that, the clock is ticking for Columbia to jump in and make the argument (again) that a team who wins a state championship this year without the south Florida schools doesn't deserve to be a state champion.   :D

Madison does

Looks like Palm Beach County is proposing playing all football games at 3 schools (north, south, and west) stadiums. Kinda like how the finals are, at least 3 games per day, no out of county games, and limited fans for each game. Public’s haven’t been allowed to practice as of now. I think they will live stream the games.

So, you know Pahokee and Glades Central aren’t considered hosting sites. So the Muck Bowl could be played at Wellington or Seminole Ridge (guessing on this). I want to see football, but I don’t know. 

1 minute ago, 561_Fan said:

Looks like Palm Beach County is proposing playing all football games at 3 schools (north, south, and west) stadiums. Kinda like how the finals are, at least 3 games per day, no out of county games, and limited fans for each game. Public’s haven’t been allowed to practice as of now. I think they will live stream the games.

So, you know Pahokee and Glades Central aren’t considered hosting sites. So the Muck Bowl could be played at Wellington or Seminole Ridge (guessing on this). I want to see football, but I don’t know. 

Pahokee just move up in class already please.  Madison will handle 1a . Yall have no o line or d line.  Madison has too many.  Plus 6'2 and 6'4 receivers.  

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

Pahokee just move up in class already please.  Madison will handle 1a . Yall have no o line or d line.  Madison has too many.  Plus 6'2 and 6'4 receivers.  

If Madison is throwing the ball, then you’re beatable. Your strength was/is your power run game and not having linemen playing both ways. I’ll take PK if your a passing team, because we have skill players for day.

And why should PK move up, when you guys have the larger student population, plus you belong in 4A anyways? Is MC a Middle-High school, because the majority in 1A are.

6 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

If Madison is throwing the ball, then you’re beatable. Your strength was/is your power run game and not having linemen playing both ways. I’ll take PK if your a passing team, because we have skill players for day.

And why should PK move up, when you guys have the larger student population, plus you belong in 4A anyways? Is MC a Middle-High school, because the majority in 1A are.

So allen threw for 3 touchdowns against yall. Madison again has a deep defense of line. And o line, we got Robert hiers back would score on Pahokee.  Other capable backs. If rj Williams was QB 1 we could read option Pahokee all night long. Rj runs 4.5. He 6'1 190 strong. He just can't throw well, which i don't understand way. The new QB is better thrower just not big or fast. Two good hits and he is down. I am very surprised at the defense of line lot of talent.  Oline is 270 to 350. Just all under 6'2, which is sad but they will grow.  Dline  is 250-280. Again under 6'2. Will grow.  QB room is low.  Linebackers are 190-200 6'0, secondary 5'8 to 6'3. 160 to 190. Again these kids are growing still. 

4 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Madison has a girl on the team. And a freshman kicker who is a lineman he about 5'11 240, the girl is 5'10 150. Running backs 5'6 to 5'10 160 to 205. Tight ends are 6'0 190