So no live streams at all this year ?

THIS_IS_DILLARD

5 hours ago, Joshua Wilson said:

A lot of school's are going to use paid platforms to make up for lost revenue with tickets. This is just the way it is going to be this year.

I have no problem with paying for an opportunity to watch a local high school game . The concern is, we are only 5 days from Central Florida schools opening their seasons and there's nothing out there as to any information about schools live streaming. Are the same people who screwed up on-line schooling in the Spring in charge of live streaming games? If so, we're in trouble.

55 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

I have no problem with paying for an opportunity to watch a local high school game . The concern is, we are only 5 days from Central Florida schools opening their seasons and there's nothing out there as to any information about schools live streaming. Are the same people who screwed up on-line schooling in the Spring in charge of live streaming games? If so, we're in trouble.

I got vernon vs madison state championship.  Close game.  Vernon came a long way

I tried using NFHS Network last week and wasn't too happy with the results.  Some of the games I wanted to watch said delayed until about halfway through the game.  Most games had extremely poor stream quality.

I also tried to tune into the Armwood vs. Bloomindale game via The Identity Varsity stream...what a disaster.  I often think, hey a bad stream is better than nothing...in this case, nothing would have been better.  They started by posting a link that didn't work until the 2nd Q, then once the stream opened the camera was smeared where you could barely make out a football field in the background.  Extremely disappointing.

I know Lakeland has quality streams on their YouTube channel, but they won't be in action until next Friday (09/25).  Palmetto also does decent streams on their YouTube channel and they have a game this Friday (09/18).  I'd be happy to post links if needed, but both of those are pretty easy to find.  Anybody know of other teams that do a decent stream? 

On 9/12/2020 at 4:35 PM, HornetFan said:

Individual schools are doing their own streaming. Wekiva has a YouTube channel. Apopka will be streaming live too. I don't know their details, but the Twitter account of ApkNewsguy should have them by Wednesday. I believe Edgewater, Winter Park and Lake Brantley will also have streaming for at least their home games. 

8 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Individual schools are doing their own streaming. Wekiva has a YouTube channel. Apopka will be streaming live too. I don't know their details, but the Twitter account of ApkNewsguy should have them by Wednesday. I believe Edgewater, Winter Park and Lake Brantley will also have streaming for at least their home games. 

Edgewater has their live streaming information on their website. My two grandsons play for Winter Park and so far no information is available as to what they are going to do; first game is away this Thursday at University (Orlando). Next week is home with Edgewater. With Orange County only allowing two people per player at games, no cheerleaders and no band, live streaming is a must. On the evening news , they had a report about parents in Orange County organizing to challenge the testing requirement imposed by OC schools. A lot of parents are concerned about the influence of politics and the teachers union in determining if this season is shut down at the first opportunity that arises for OC school administrators and Orange County politicians.

I just spoke with a gentleman with Orange County Public Schools about live streaming of Winter Park football games. He advised me that they have purchased cameras for each OC high school; one for the gym and one for each stadium. The cameras arrived yesterday and they are arranging for installation as soon as possible. They won't be installed in time for this week's games and possibly not next week's, but they are moving as quickly as possible. That's good news. He also told me that if things go well with live attendance the next few weeks, the OCPS Board will look at increasing attendance at the remaining games.

23 hours ago, sikolec said:

I tried using NFHS Network last week and wasn't too happy with the results.  Some of the games I wanted to watch said delayed until about halfway through the game.  Most games had extremely poor stream quality.

I also tried to tune into the Armwood vs. Bloomindale game via The Identity Varsity stream...what a disaster.  I often think, hey a bad stream is better than nothing...in this case, nothing would have been better.  They started by posting a link that didn't work until the 2nd Q, then once the stream opened the camera was smeared where you could barely make out a football field in the background.  Extremely disappointing.

I know Lakeland has quality streams on their YouTube channel, but they won't be in action until next Friday (09/25).  Palmetto also does decent streams on their YouTube channel and they have a game this Friday (09/18).  I'd be happy to post links if needed, but both of those are pretty easy to find.  Anybody know of other teams that do a decent stream? 

Their streams, especially those in games played in Hillsborough county, are quite poor. In Hillsborough, word is they partnered with a company led in part by Derrick Brooks, that uses robotic cameras. They really wouldn't best be characterized as "bad". A better way to describe them would be "utterly dysfunctional". You'd have the play moving left to right, and the camera would suddenly pan right to left. You couldn't follow the game AT ALL. So, it was criminal to charge money for that. 

19 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

I just spoke with a gentleman with Orange County Public Schools about live streaming of Winter Park football games. He advised me that they have purchased cameras for each OC high school; one for the gym and one for each stadium. The cameras arrived yesterday and they are arranging for installation as soon as possible. They won't be installed in time for this week's games and possibly not next week's, but they are moving as quickly as possible. That's good news. He also told me that if things go well with live attendance the next few weeks, the OCPS Board will look at increasing attendance at the remaining games.

If they are robo-cameras, you have to hope they are zoomed out in a fixed position, or there is someone somehow controlling the camera who is paying attention and hasn't eaten a bag of 'shrooms before.