Noles Hitting Rock Bottom ...or More to Fall?

OldSchoolLion

Felt like I was in the twilight zone all week due to life's curve balls and then... yesterday...38-3 at halftime ...first time in the series a team has scored 50 points...biggest Noles beatdown since 1976,  10,000 fans in a "sold out" game....coaches and commentators calling the shots from their living room

Everything changes.  30 years from now Armwood and Miami Central could be winless doormats.  ColumbiaFan could be an IMG fan:blink:.  Am seeing things now I never thought I would see.  Life has other plans.  

52 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Felt like I was in the twilight zone all week due to life's curve balls and then... yesterday...38-3 at halftime ...first time in the series a team has scored 50 points...biggest Noles beatdown since 1976,  10,000 fans in a "sold out" game....coaches and commentators calling the shots from their living room

Everything changes.  30 years from now Armwood and Miami Central could be winless doormats.  ColumbiaFan could be an IMG fan:blink:.  Am seeing things now I never thought I would see.  Life has other plans.  

The Noles will be back, though it will take a couple of years. Wille Taggert was a disaster as a pick for the head coach position. He was mediocre at USF, and unproven in a short stint in Oregon. FSU deserved a better coach. Now, they have a coach that can lead then back to the top, but it will take a coupe of recruiting classes to get there. I'm not a big FSU fan, but I always admired their quality of play. They'll be back.

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I am not going to complain. To some extent, FSU's fall is UCF's gain. UCF is in my backyard. FSU is not. Two of my immediate family members have degrees from UCF (undergraduate and post graduate), so while I am not a rabid fan, my sympathies lie with the Knights!

As a Canes fan there hasn't been a lot to be optimistic about for  the last 15 years - The Coastal in 2017; The nostalgic beat down of Notre Dame and Four straight against FSU. 

In two weeks, they need to use that opportunity to create doubt in Clemson's mind of their invincibility. I feel good about the type players and buy-in of this season. A proven QB and an OC that brought Miami into the modern world.

W or L, they need to keep progressing this system and not have those let downs against teams they should roll. 

Miami as a program had to earn their swagger back, not play on reputation, before this transformation could occur.  It will take some time for FSU to,  given the fall-off since Jimbo.  And let's face it, With UF,  UCF and Miami playing well, recruiting isn't going to get any easier. 

Here is my early take

1t Clemson

1t Alabama

1t Ohio State

4 Florida 

5 Miami

6 Georgia

7 Notre Dame

8 Penn State

9 UCF

10 North Carolina - BULLISH. BUY

11 Mississippi State

12 Auburn

13 Texas

14 Texas A&M

15 Oregon

16 Oklahoma State

17 Kansas State

18 Oklahoma

19 Tennessee

20 Wisconsin

21 Michigan

22 LSU

23 Texas Tech

24 Pittsburgh

25 Virginia Tech & Kentucky

Disclosure: UF Alum

Columbia, the NFL Draft is an excellent gauge of talent. The SEC dominates annually and SEC fans have the numbers on their side. Run the stats & come back, I will be waiting. However I warn you, you are about to be completely destroyed. You may never recover on the board. I plead with you to reconsider this intellectual ass-fking-whooping. As a neutral poster I don't want to do this to you, but expect fire and fury. My AWACS are collecting data as I type.

You were maybe -2 years old when I started following this and I'm 32. Time to let the big dog eat.

1 minute ago, Pipe Dreams said:

Columbia, the NFL Draft is an excellent gauge of talent. The SEC dominates annually. Run the stats & come back, will be waiting

Yeah and how many of the players percentage wise could likely be traced back to the top 5 schools?

The bama, LSU, Auburn, UF, UGA teams can brag as they have proven themselves on the field but these fans of the other teams who hop on the bandwagon of the good teams when it comes bowl season is embarrassing

Until the failed James Blackman experience ends, it will get worse. Norvell needs to clean house. Start Rodemaker or Purdy. Who cares at this point? We know they can't win with him. We don't know about the others. Jordan Travis isn't really a qb unless you are going to run option or rpo only, but he is a nice weapon to have. Just not as a starting qb.