Thoughts - Sandalwood vs Trinity Catholic

Proseteye

Columbia Fan.........Since this is pretty much your territory how do you see Sandalwood this season? They are in Class 8A and 4-0. However, they seem to have played teams that normally would be pretty good but that are doing poorly thus far. Had some close games with a couple of 5A schools and a Freelance School. Pounded Nease but I think that Nease is struggling big time. Do you think that we have a chance especially at home? :unsure:

7 hours ago, Proseteye said:

Columbia Fan.........Since this is pretty much your territory how do you see Sandalwood this season? They are in Class 8A and 4-0. However, they seem to have played teams that normally would be pretty good but that are doing poorly thus far. Had some close games with a couple of 5A schools and a Freelance School. Pounded Nease but I think that Nease is struggling big time. Do you think that we have a chance especially at home? :unsure:

He big mad Columbia lost. He need to show up and say 1A madison owns Columbia 

4 hours ago, Jesse said:

He big mad Columbia lost. He need to show up and say 1A madison owns Columbia 

Nobody myself Included gives a crap what you think, you destroyed what credibility you think you had when you went on all off-season about how Madison County could blow out Miami Central, STA and IMG like they some big deal and then right out of the gate you could barely get by a average South sumter team at home and then got embarrassed by a Florida High team you did nothing but bash for weeks leading up to the game so if you got to take respect in beating a Columbia team that graduated 30 seniors and have only been practicing a month and to add into it we held Madison to their lowest scoring output all season

If that's what you need for credibility you have no business talking crap about Miami Central or IMG as they would clown your transient program that you only started supporting because you were embarrassed by your hometown team 

You even claimed you wouldn't even show up to the Columbia vs Madison game but yet you sit here talking like you somehow know the ins and outs of columbia, nobody on this board knows columbia better than I do, much less someone like you who hasn't seen a single second of them playing so take your trolling attempts elsewhere and if you want to keep addressing me by my name on here then maybe I'll just get Joshua to fix my screen name because I'm not gonna hide behind a fake name 

57 minutes ago, platinum388 said:

I think you have a great chance with the quality of your offensive line and rb. There is no doubt the quality of competition is down this yr in Duval county. Sandalwood has a great mlb but the rest of the defense will not play as disciplined as what you saw last weekend

Jacksonville area I'm guessing?

What teams are worth keeping an eye out on currently because there were several teams I expected to be stronger but they didn't end up as strong as I expected

11 hours ago, Proseteye said:

Honestly so far they looked better than I expected, they usually have talent but it usually is wasted because they never fully utilize the talent

Trinity Catholic can beat them but they gotta show up to play better than they have the last 2 weeks 

17 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Honestly so far they looked better than I expected, they usually have talent but it usually is wasted because they never fully utilize the talent

Trinity Catholic can beat them but they gotta show up to play better than they have the last 2 weeks 

You noticed that also. I can't attend Trinity's games physically because they are only allowing family members in the stands. So, I get to watch them on the NFHS Network via streaming. From what I could see against the Villages (a very very disciplined and well coached team) and Bolles was that the Celtic team was lackluster and uninspired at best. I have never seen a Celtic team that was just going through the motions as much as this team, especially the defense. That huge and experienced OL is also just not getting the job done. Maybe they will awaken from their slumber against Sandalwood. But they definitely have to play a lot harder and with a purpose. :rolleyes: Thanks for your input which is appreciated.

19 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

You noticed that also. I can't attend Trinity's games physically because they are only allowing family members in the stands. So, I get to watch them on the NFHS Network via streaming. From what I could see against the Villages (a very very disciplined and well coached team) and Bolles was that the Celtic team was lackluster and uninspired at best. I have never seen a Celtic team that was just going through the motions as much as this team, especially the defense. That huge and experienced OL is also just not getting the job done. Maybe they will awaken from their slumber against Sandalwood. But they definitely have to play a lot harder and with a purpose. :rolleyes: Thanks for your input which is appreciated.

I didn't realize that but that's good that they are broadcasting the games

I wish Columbia would do that because I know plenty of people who would pay to watch these games and Columbia is leaving money on the table that is going to waste 

I definitely had high expectations for Trinity Catholic but that's concerning that they aren't trying to take advantage of this opportunity to make a deep run while they can

What teams are worth keeping an eye out on currently because there were several teams I expected to be stronger but they didn't end up as strong as I expected

When I say Duval County I’m referring to the public school’s. I think Lee stands out at this point and we will see with Sandalwood once they get into the heart of their schedule. Private school wise Trinity and Bolles will just continue to grind towards the playoffs and just try and get healthy.

St.Johns county with Bartram Trail, Creekside and St. Augustine are all very good teams and their losses are against quality opponents . I think the same can be said in Clay county with Fleming Island and Oakleaf but the verdict is still out on clay high And we shall see once they play better competition.

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Nobody myself Included gives a crap what you think, you destroyed what credibility you think you had when you went on all off-season about how Madison County could blow out Miami Central, STA and IMG like they some big deal and then right out of the gate you could barely get by a average South sumter team at home and then got embarrassed by a Florida High team you did nothing but bash for weeks leading up to the game so if you got to take respect in beating a Columbia team that graduated 30 seniors and have only been practicing a month and to add into it we held Madison to their lowest scoring output all season

If that's what you need for credibility you have no business talking crap about Miami Central or IMG as they would clown your transient program that you only started supporting because you were embarrassed by your hometown team 

You even claimed you wouldn't even show up to the Columbia vs Madison game but yet you sit here talking like you somehow know the ins and outs of columbia, nobody on this board knows columbia better than I do, much less someone like you who hasn't seen a single second of them playing so take your trolling attempts elsewhere and if you want to keep addressing me by my name on here then maybe I'll just get Joshua to fix my screen name because I'm not gonna hide behind a fake name 

If Columbia won i would have still showed up. Everyone is affected by Covid-19. 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I didn't realize that but that's good that they are broadcasting the games

I wish Columbia would do that because I know plenty of people who would pay to watch these games and Columbia is leaving money on the table that is going to waste 

I definitely had high expectations for Trinity Catholic but that's concerning that they aren't trying to take advantage of this opportunity to make a deep run while they can

I believe that NFHS Network streams all high school games throughout the country. I think I saw Columbia on their docket. You have to pay $10.99 per month. Very good streaming quality after a couple of weeks of major adjustments with their cameras and equipment.

About the Celtic's expectations I will know better after the Sandalwood game on Friday.

9 minutes ago, Jesse said:

If Columbia won i would have still showed up. Everyone is affected by Covid-19. 

Everyone is affected yes but that effect won't be the same across the board, Columbia was bound to struggle not having a normal off-season and 7v7 to develop their offense

What makes Columbia able to be consistently Good year to year is their conditioning as they are normally better conditioned than the teams they play but that isn't the case this year, they have plenty of talent but most are very young and still haven't quite hit their stride yet but they will be back to beating the teams who have got them early come next season, Columbia though at least didn't shy away from facing good teams early on, we could have went and played Hamilton County, palatka, and santa Fe and be 3-0 right now and nobody would even think or know we were down but we didn't go take the soft approach

Columbia started very late and a lot of it had to do with Coach Allen wanting to protect his kid as he didn't feel safe going forward when most up here in north FL did, we essentially set ourselves up to be behind the eight ball but it was done to protect the kids and coaches within and surrounding the program and most people will see this as an asterisk year anyway so the teams who wanted to take advantage of columbia while they are down right now better enjoy it because when things return to normal there will be hell to pay for those who took advantage of us

8 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I believe that NFHS Network streams all high school games throughout the country. I think I saw Columbia on their docket. You have to pay $10.99 per month. Very good streaming quality after a couple of weeks of major adjustments with their cameras and equipment.

About the Celtic's expectations I will know better after the Sandalwood game on Friday.

Was it a Columbia home game? I wasn't aware of there being any streaming as nobody at the school ever shares these links 

19 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Was it a Columbia home game? I wasn't aware of there being any streaming as nobody at the school ever shares these links 

I don't know if a school has to contract with NFHS Network or not. But they have hundreds and possibly thousands of schools in all different sports where you can stream their content. You might want to get in touch with Columbia's admin to see what the deal is. Or you might just go on their website NFHSnetwork.com and look at the schools involved. You can do a search for the school to see if anything is scheduled. You don't have to pay to search or view their site.

33 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Everyone is affected yes but that effect won't be the same across the board, Columbia was bound to struggle not having a normal off-season and 7v7 to develop their offense

What makes Columbia able to be consistently Good year to year is their conditioning as they are normally better conditioned than the teams they play but that isn't the case this year, they have plenty of talent but most are very young and still haven't quite hit their stride yet but they will be back to beating the teams who have got them early come next season, Columbia though at least didn't shy away from facing good teams early on, we could have went and played Hamilton County, palatka, and santa Fe and be 3-0 right now and nobody would even think or know we were down but we didn't go take the soft approach

Columbia started very late and a lot of it had to do with Coach Allen wanting to protect his kid as he didn't feel safe going forward when most up here in north FL did, we essentially set ourselves up to be behind the eight ball but it was done to protect the kids and coaches within and surrounding the program and most people will see this as an asterisk year anyway so the teams who wanted to take advantage of columbia while they are down right now better enjoy it because when things return to normal there will be hell to pay for those who took advantage of us

Madison ain't going nowhere.  Big lost next year for zoo keepers. I saw the highlights yall moved the ball on Madison just couldn't score in the red zone.