New Classifications are here

peezy28

Lakeland's district is interesting. Smaller in numbers, but added a quality team in Winter Haven. I'd like to see Lakeland add some good out of district opponents (cough...Manatee...cough) to get battle tested for the playoffs. I was looking forward to breaking the Osceola curse, but they look to be moving up to 8A.

Out of 8 championship games only two were remotely interesting. So, while I wish something would be done, I hold out little hope.

Lakeland's district is interesting. Smaller in numbers, but added a quality team in Winter Haven. I'd like to see Lakeland add some good out of district opponents (cough...Manatee...cough) to get battle tested for the playoffs. I was looking forward to breaking the Osceola curse, but they look to be moving up to 8A.

Out of 8 championship games only two were remotely interesting. So, while I wish something would be done, I hold out little hope.

Call up Aquinas for a game :P

Things got more interesting in 4A south with these alignments. Thankfully they got Clewiston out of our crap district and replaced us with Mulberry while putting us in Glades Centrals district. Will be fun to rekindle this rivalry. On the negative side, Cocoa's district got a little more challenging with Lake Highland Prep but they essentially won't be challenged now until semi finals. The playoffs will be fun to watch with winner and runners up of 4A-7 and 4A-8 playing in the first two rounds. 

I'd be all for it. I firmly believe that tougher competition in the regular season gets you better prepared for the playoffs. You may not have a perfect season, but you're ready when it counts.

I agree 100% I do not care if you're undefeated. While it would be nice, I'd rather play the best teams out there and have 1 or 2 losses than be undefeated having played a bunch of cupcakes. 

Things got more interesting in 4A south with these alignments. Thankfully they got Clewiston out of our crap district and replaced us with Mulberry while putting us in Glades Centrals district. Will be fun to rekindle this rivalry. On the negative side, Cocoa's district got a little more challenging with Lake Highland Prep but they essentially won't be challenged now until semi finals. The playoffs will be fun to watch with winner and runners up of 4A-7 and 4A-8 playing in the first two rounds. 

I agree on the Cocoa statement. Do not see anyone touching them till deep in the playoffs. 

Wouldnt suprise me at all.! No offense STA but st thomas always avoid the tought competition down hear for all the recruting and stuff that they do they should play the best not one time do i see them playing BTW CENTRAL...IMG ACADEMY and when they do play teams out of dade they wait till they fell off a bit. Only exception was heritage in the opener this year

Wouldnt suprise me at all.! No offense STA but st thomas always avoid the tought competition down hear for all the recruting and stuff that they do they should play the best not one time do i see them playing BTW CENTRAL...IMG ACADEMY and when they do play teams out of dade they wait till they fell off a bit. Only exception was heritage in the opener this year

I have always said we need to play BTW and Central. We finally played Northwestern, but they were no where near what they used to be. To me it makes no sense. Why go up to NJ to play Bosco when you can play Central/BTW right here. Makes no sense to me I agree. 

Its like they recruit and etc but they play the weakest competition they basically had a bye threw the whole playoffs if they were in 6a like dillard or etc it wouldnt be like that my opinion...i think that schools that recruit should be in a bracket by themselves ...to have a booker t vs st thomas or st thomas vs central for the right to go st state would be epic.!! But to continue to have the schools in a regular bracket isn't fair to other schools its bad enough that a school like st thomas take all the local talent. In my opinion i think that they should ban recruiting if its not your school district u cant attend i PROMISE YOU.!! it would be a leveld playing field.!

I can agree with that. However BTW had until Cocoa a pretty easy walk in the playoffs in 4A. I think AH in 5A did not have too tough a walk till the semifinals as well. If you had a bracket with Aquinas, Central, BTW, American Heritage Plantation and throw in a few teams like Flanagan, Columbus etc. Man that would be one hell of a fight! 

Cocoa's district play took a turn for the softer side, but they scheduled Mainland for an OOD game. Also they have 2 OOS games that are on the chalk board but waiting for the Brevard board to ok them. One maybe a Texas 5A and the other a 4A Georgia team in a Fla vs Geo challenge. 4 teams from both states.

That will leave one more game and Wilks is trying for some big fish. 

• 2 months later...

I think btw should get moved up lets see them walk over the 6A or 7A and if they legenmetly stop recruiting those Miami and Jacksonville schools will be walked all over for most part, which im fine with we play a lot of Jacksonville teams and I feel that its a bit of unfair advantange

Well half the teams they play on their schedule are 6a teams and I know they don't recruit.. Look at their Optimus team in the Overtown area n you'll see why there are winning.. We those four transfers they had last season from homestead you think the coaches went to homestead n get these kids to transfer in?