New Classifications are here

peezy28

@Columbiahighfan Overtown is an historically black neighborhood since the 1800's. Overtown has always had the talent and dating back to 2004 they're 130-15 which is very impressive. I won't lie though they do get a couple of transfers in but for the most part 95% comes from Overtown and being that you're winning Booker T. Washington will never have to worry about loosing talent to other schools unless of course they move.

I have to say BTW does not actively recruit. I know that area pretty well despite being a supporter of Aquinas I always enjoyed heading south to watch the Miami inner city schools play because that was some of the best football in the country.

Overtown is OVER FLOWING with talent. BTW doesn't have to recruit with the kind of kids they are getting from their own neighborhood. Do some schools recruit? Yes they do it will happen, however I don't think BTW does it intentionally.

Some kids transfer in on their own because they want to win and get looks from major colleges and D1 colleges are basically setting up homes in Overtown with the talent that has come out of BTW over the last 5 years. 

just happenes to be them and Miami central just happen to grab the good ones, neither would be same if they followed the district rules just too bad we could not grab a few of them, we would dominate if we could fill a few of our holes with that Miami talent

Lol you swear those teams are made up of transfers and it's the transfers that's making them win... Well you know what go look at both of those two teams rosters and see who were the transfers and i gaurentee you they were not the reason why either or team won the the past champioships....

you don't understand, their are set districts for where they live, they don't cheat by transfer, they use a nonsence address to transfer into a school who is winning, and if there is no way a small district zone, ANYWHERE IN MIAMI WOULD CAUSE 10 D1 ATHLETES TO GO TO THAT ONE SCHOOL

Nonsense address or they can transfer in on a program they have for that school... Ok besides last year for btw when them kids transferred in from homestead you tell me who in there program transferred in and I'm talking about the studs that got a scholarship to go to school... So from 12-14 you tell me who transferred in to play with them that was were studs.. Same with MC... I tell you one thing you do have kids that are studs that go play at another school that's not in their district and ball out to make a name for themselves or don't wanna ride the bench and transfer back to their home school for their jt or sr years ei Raheem cato and Tommy Shular

Columbiahighfan:

South Florida and Dade county are alot different than what we see here in north Florida, And as long as one of those teams are in the finals they have a lot better shot at winning it. Columbia high is a good team but they are not on the level as most teams from Dade County, It's just numbers the population in 2014 for Dade county was 2.4 Million and Columbia county is 64,000, 37 times larger.  If you guys want to prove yourself put Booker T on the schedule i would even skip a Trenton game to watch that as long as it was in Lakecity :)     

my angry stirs from how low we were respected by that dynasty ranking, we were ranked tied with 80th, for a long time we had more wins then anyone in state of florida and we are still in second place with over 600 victories, and we consistly beat teams but bc its been a while from last championship appearance we get overlooked when people talk about dyansties, we had 4 undefeated season before the playoff era, so we could have 5 instead of 1 but some of our best season were before the championship game and it costs us, but its not hate, just don't feel we have been given the recogniztion, like seriously a lot of these teams are young like btw and ik they have a great dynasty going with a huge winning streak but we up here in north florida rural area, may have talent but is no Miami dane, and they get all talked up but we are not considered a dynasty and in some cases some people don't even consider us a contender

unfotentally consistency gets lost bc most people only consider dynastys as championships, when truthfully a dynasty is going out there and being the best everytime u step on the field and true we probley are not what we once were, with fort white getting a high school we lost some of our talent pool, when we had their talent, we played carol city in state title, and something I found out was Miami herald that year predicted we would not score a touchdown, but we go into haft with 17-6 lead, now had we scored in second haft we would have beaten that years national champs and likely been national champs ourselves but we lost 20-17