State championships to Doak Campbell (Tallahassee)?

561_Fan

1 minute ago, 561_Fan said:

Well it's nice that late October the fhsaa is finally attempting to plan a state championship location for a event happening in December

Really would have been easier to forego the playoffs but at least they have something they trying to throw out there but honestly Bragg stadium would have been the better idea but I guess at least with doak they can use social distancing since they will be lucky to hit 20% capacity for any game 

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well it's nice that late October the fhsaa is finally attempting to plan a state championship location for a event happening in December

Really would have been easier to forego the playoffs but at least they have something they trying to throw out there but honestly Bragg stadium would have been the better idea but I guess at least with doak they can use social distancing since they will be lucky to hit 20% capacity for any game 

I think that was one of the issues brought up (social distancing) in the article and the size of Doak.

17 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

I guess it makes sense for the FHSAA to be talking to potential venues, although I still think this might be a year where the two teams that make the finals can simply flip a coin to determines who hosts the championship game.  But I'm not hell-bent on that idea. 

My only concern with Doak (other than potential travel) is playing 8 games there over a 10-14 day span of time.   My understanding is that Doak's a natural grass field.  I don't know if any natural grass field can handle that kind of schedule - especially if any of the early games are played when the field is wet. 

Orlando City Soccer Stadium held a football bowl game last season and it was well received. Ideal size for HS Championships and a location in the center of the state with plenty of hotels and restaurants; two major highways intersect right next to it (I-4 and the 408). No brainer unless the FHSAA thinks they need larger than a 25,500 seating capacity. A problem I could see could be the Covid-19 restrictions in place by City of Orlando and Orange County.

17 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

Orlando City Soccer Stadium held a football bowl game last season and it was well received. Ideal size for HS Championships and a location in the center of the state with plenty of hotels and restaurants; two major highways intersect right next to it (I-4 and the 408). No brainer unless the FHSAA thinks they need larger than a 25,500 seating capacity. A problem I could see could be the Covid-19 restrictions in place by City of Orlando and Orange County. But, the election will be over by then and the restrictions will probably be gone.

I say fsu because its closer to up north teams.  Go noles beat clemson 

15 hours ago, HornetFan said:

Orlando City Soccer Stadium held a football bowl game last season and it was well received. Ideal size for HS Championships and a location in the center of the state with plenty of hotels and restaurants; two major highways intersect right next to it (I-4 and the 408). No brainer unless the FHSAA thinks they need larger than a 25,500 seating capacity. A problem I could see could be the Covid-19 restrictions in place by City of Orlando and Orange County.

Sadly, I don't think the restrictions will be gone in Florida till a vaccine (Orlando) is widely available. Florida's cases seem to be on the rise. While current treatments available have greatly reduced fatality, it is still highly transmissible and puts a big strain on the healthcare system. Can't wait for an effective vaccine or improved treatments. 

13 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Sadly, I don't think the restrictions will be gone in Florida till a vaccine (Orlando) is widely available. Florida's cases seem to be on the rise. While current treatments available have greatly reduced fatality, it is still highly transmissible and puts a big strain on the healthcare system. Can't wait for an effective vaccine or improved treatments. 

Columbia 0-6

4 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I thought Madison was the king? You’re a fake fan Jesse

You salty venice lost, I always call sta kings of Florida. Read my comments on them, I was with madison until this season ends. I don't like sta I respect them. Everyone on here knows that they run Florida. 

12 hours ago, Jesse said:

You salty venice lost, I always call sta kings of Florida. Read my comments on them, I was with madison until this season ends. I don't like sta I respect them. Everyone on here knows that they run Florida. 

I don’t care about who wins or loses this year lol. I was only kidding. High schools shouldn’t be playing football period. 

On 10/24/2020 at 10:57 AM, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I don’t care about who wins or loses this year lol. I was only kidding. High schools shouldn’t be playing football period. 

Anybody know a game with a team having the ball less than 10 minutes and scoring 70 points???