Finalized districts are out from the FHSAA

Joshua Wilson

Everything looks good but I do wanna mention a few things I noticed particularly the down south school's. District 16 7A is anyone's game, St. Thomas will have another easy route in district play and what's up with the independent school's I counted four of them with an enrollment of 1200 and up. Key West 1200, Pompano Beach 1250, Coral Glades 2400 and West Broward with about 2800.

SOO DILLARD NEW DISTRICT IS BOYNTON BEACH BOYD ANDERSON AND NORTHEAST...UMMM LOL I DONT KNOW HOW TO FEEL ABOUT THAT ESPECIALLY WITH CENTRAL STILL IN DISTRICT 6A-16 MEANING ANOTHER 2ND ROUND MATCHUP IF WE GET THAT FAR.!! "SIIGGHHH" SOMETIMES I WISH FOR A EASIER DISTRICT AND PATH I MEAN LOOK AT ST THOMAS DISTRICT FOR EX...THEY ARE ONE OF THE BEST IN THE COUNTRY BUT NOT ONLY DO ThERE DISTRICT BE EASY AS DIRT BUT THERE PATH TO ORLANDO IS A SLEEP WALK (NO OFFENSE STA) FOR ONCE I JUST WANT TO GET THAT LUXARY.

The number of 3 team districts disgusts me.  I don't understand how some teams will start the season with a 67% chance of making the playoffs.  If they win a district game, a single one, they guarantee themselves at least at least a tiebreaker.  A team from a 3-team district could possibly be 1-9 and make the playoffs.  In the mean time, 8-2 Orange City University had to sit out of the playoffs last year.  How does this make sense?

A simple solution is this: 3-team districts only get 1 guaranteed playoff spot.  The extra spot becomes a wild card for the region.    Best win-loss record goes, 1st tiebreaker is head to head, 2nd tiebreaker is strength of schedule.

In 8A Region 1, they moved Orange City to District 2 due to a travel appeal.  Overall, it probably does help travel but it kills competitive balance.  8A-1 had 6 teams and so do did 8A-2, now it is 5 and 7.  8A-4 has 4 teams.  That makes a difference of 3 in the region when it easily could have been 2.  Also, even though Orange City's travel slightly improves, it moves them away from 2 opponents in their own county to 6 opponents all in a different county.  

I will never understand why we have so many classifications and why our districts are so small.  Make bigger classifications, make super districts and make better playoffs.

@Dillard_High_Panthers I would be careful about what you're saying. I'll admit St. Thomas does have a easy route into the playoffs, but 7A isn't that easy playoff time. Now granted 7A wasn't that great last year, however St. Thomas has had its runs dealt with the likes of Dwyer, Lakeland and Manatee now in 8A and I can guarantee if Dillard was in 7A you'd have issues still. I know when you have Central in 6A it makes it harder and harder but let's not forget, Dillard didn't make the playoffs last year besides that you never know what to expect from Dillard. I'm not gone lie I had Dillard making the playoffs just not to states and look what happened. Anyways best of wishes to Dillard this upcoming season. Do you think Dillard needs new coaching staff or you guys just don't have the talent like you used to.

I HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT IT WAS EXPIRENCE AND PLAY CALLING WE HAD A SR Q.B WHO HAD NEVER STARTED WHO DIDNT KNOW HOW TO AUDIBLE OUT OF PLAYS OR HOW TO READ DEFENSES AND WAS A TURNOVER MACHINE AND NEVER TRUSTED HIS INSTINCT THE TALENT ON BOTH SIDES ESPECIALLY THE DEFENSE BUT THE OFFENSE WAS SEVERLEY LIMITED BECAUSE OF THE INEXPIRENCE WITH HIM GONE I CAN SEE OUR OFFENSE REALLY BLOSSOMING NEXT YEAR I'M NOT PROCLAMING STATES OR EVEN A TRIP PAST THE SECOND ROUND BUT IF THEY STAY ON THE COURSE THERE ON NOW DILLARD WILL DO SOMETHINGS NEXT YEAR BUT I STILL SAY 6A IS HARDER THEN 7A AND 8A DWYER STARTED 8-0 AND MISSED DA PLAYOFFS SO IN MY OPINION DILLARD IS STILL IN THE HARDEST CLASSIFICATION.

You feel me i look at all these other districts and there no where near as tough as the district dillard is in the more you go up the harder it suppose to be thats not the case it seems like the more you go up in class the easier it is. if st thomas miramar flanagan or american heritage was in 6a they would not run threw the playoffs like that.! Half these schools was suppose to been move up in class but for some reason they want to stay in 6a.

Dillard the easiest game for any of these teams in that Region will probably be in the Final Four. The state total change around the district in 6A from the original tentative assignments. The state really needs to adjust the playoff structure, teams in the same district should never have to play each other in the 2nd round. I wish they would take an the same approach that Georgia does for the playoffs.

@Dillard_High_Panthers Miramar could never be in 6A because of their population which is sitting at 2700 students. In my honest opinion the only school that could give them a scare if they ever were somehow placed in 6A would be Central. The playoffs is easy because the only real scare is Mainland, although they are a little overrated and if you get pass Central then Mainland is a piece of cake. Flanagan and American Heritage wouldn't last in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

at first I didn't like our district Columbia got but then I relized we get more wiggle room on our non conference schedule, since playing teams like terry parker, middleburg, and Englewood has killed our SOS ranking for a while and in that 7 team district we played all district games 6 in a row, with this we got district games in week 3 and 4, then week 9 and 10 so we got more room to operate

• 2 months later...

well i think this gives us the chance to prove ourselves we have been begging for, we got a very leginiment schedule and this will keep us from becoming complancent so we know we will have to bring our A game all year

PS: hope we can get a certain fort larderdale team in the state finals this year should we make it, hint hint goes by initals STA