8A Round 0 - Orlando Dr. Phillips @ Miami Palmetto

Pipe Dreams

Anybody have information on Palmetto? I know they have quite a few 4-5 star prospects. 

The truth is, in a normal year this could have been a state championship match up. 

DP has progressed as the season has gone on.

Here are their results

Boone - W 48-41

Apopka - L 7-14

Windermere - W 50-0

Wekiva - W 28-19 --- this is turning into a much bigger W, as Wekiva took Jones to OT, then beat Lakeland and Apopka

Olympia - W 41-9

Oak Ridge - W 37-0

-

I think it will be a close game. Shame that they are playing in round 0. 

DP is 14-0 in the first round since 2006. 

12 minutes ago, Pipe Dreams said:

Anybody have information on Palmetto? I know they have quite a few 4-5 star prospects. 

The truth is, in a normal year this could have been a state championship match up. 

DP has progressed as the season has gone on.

Here are their results

Boone - W 48-41

Apopka - L 7-14

Windermere - W 50-0

Wekiva - W 28-19 --- this is turning into a much bigger W, as Wekiva took Jones to OT, then beat Lakeland and Apopka

Olympia - W 41-9

Oak Ridge - W 37-0

-

I think it will be a close game. Shame that they are playing in round 0. 

DP is 14-0 in the first round since 2006. 

Loaded defense but the offense is questionable

Based on sources I've spoke to I was told they resemble a 2018 wekiva but a bit better offensively and a bit more talent on defense 

8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Loaded defense but the offense is questionable

Based on sources I've spoke to I was told they resemble a 2018 wekiva but a bit better offensively and a bit more talent on defense 

If they have more talent on defense than Wekiva did that year, then they should give up 0 points in the 8A playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

If they have more talent on defense than Wekiva did that year, then they should give up 0 points in the 8A playoffs. 

That wekiva team gave up 26 points total in 3 playoff games with 1 shutout

They don't have to shutout every opponent to be on the same level of 2018 wekiva

It's not like I'm comparing them to 2015 Flanagan

40 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

They don't have to shutout every opponent to be on the same level of 2018 wekiva

The defense did not give up 26 points. 14 of those points were given up by the offense and special teams. 

6 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

The defense did not give up 26 points. 14 of those points were given up by the offense and special teams. 

Okay so 12 points in 3 games 

Either way point I was trying to make is Miami Palmetto defense is very good, though I am concerned with their offense and it could be their eventual downfall

On 11/8/2020 at 2:00 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Flanagan's defense didn't give up a TD all year in the first half until the state title game.

18 minutes ago, badbird said:

Flanagan's defense didn't give up a TD all year in the first half until the state title game.

Yeah and honestly I think that team gets a bit overlooked when judging the best teams from this past decade, many people out there and even on this board probably think of Broward County as being just STA and AHP but that 2015 Flanagan team would probably beat both STA and AHP this year without much issue

STA in 2015 is a lot better than the one this year, anyone thinking otherwise is kidding themselves