Where are all the South Florida Opt-Out folks?

ExplorerHomer2

On 11/17/2020 at 1:49 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It's possible but regardless I have no doubt whoever makes it out of the south in every class 2a-8a would have been a realistic threat in a normal year 

I'm not as confident about Seminole as some of their past teams, might just be a hunch but I haven't seen a "state championship team" in them so far 

I told you as far back as spring Seminole was going to be very good. Last year, despite losing to Apopka in the regional finals, they were probably better than we were. We just benefitted from critical plays which was enough to beat them. I understood they lost their head coach, but most of the rest of the staff stayed as they have deep roots in the community. And they returned most of last year's team.

It is not a certainty that they beat Osceola Saturday, but they are favored. You let people hype you about Palmetto and their multiple star players. But due to injury and the lack of a replacement for their QB, they ended up with not enough offense to get it done. Truth is, I am not so sure they could have, even if they had not lost him, as they struggled with an average Lake Nona in the regional quarterfinals. 

6 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I told you as far back as spring Seminole was going to be very good. Last year, despite losing to Apopka in the regional finals, they were probably better than we were. We just benefitted from critical plays which was enough to beat them. I understood they lost their head coach, but most of the rest of the staff stayed as they have deep roots in the community. And they returned most of last year's team.

It is not a certainty that they beat Osceola Saturday, but they are favored. You let people hype you about Palmetto and their multiple star players. But due to injury and the lack of a replacement for their QB, they ended up with not enough offense to get it done. Truth is, I am not so sure they could have, even if they had not lost him, as they struggled with an average Lake Nona in the regional quarterfinals. 

And at the same time they beat Dr Phillips, Treasure Coast and Vero Beach who were all better than Lake Nona

If their QB isn't hurt they would have beaten Osceola but that's not to say Seminole couldn't have beaten them but it would be a much different matchup than Osceola will be