Historic Playoff Win

OldSchoolLion

6 minutes ago, badbird said:

Mt Dora didn't win a game in the regular season and won it's first ever playoff game in a playin game vs Eustis two weeks ago.   Played it's first playoff game 47 years ago.  I know this is not the answer 

and they didn't even need to win a coin flip to get in

6 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Good try, but no.  The answer is a hs from the northern part of the state, though.

Bronson did get their first playoff win this year (they had never won before). I am unsure of when the school began playing football though, but they have played basketball consistently since the 1920s. 

Sometimes, I wish the FHSAA did a better job of compiling all the records of the teams (hell they haven't even updated the championship record book in 4-5 years). 

12 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:
Here are some old schools that have never won an FHSAA playoff game:
Colonial
Interlachen
Keystone Heights
Lake Placid

In the 24 seasons I have watched Orlando area football, Colonial has had one good team. They just failed to make the playoffs that year, but in any given year that team which went 7-3 could have won 1, perhaps 2, playoff games. They had a good dual threat QB and a talented WR, in addition to a decent defense. They were just one district win away from the playoffs that year. 

Other than that, they struggle year in and year out. Cypress Creek High is sort of in the same bucket but did at least make the playoffs at least once (they did not win) and have not yet had enough seasons to compete with the schools you have listed. 

6 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

Bronson did get their first playoff win this year (they had never won before). I am unsure of when the school began playing football though, but they have played basketball consistently since the 1920s. 

Sometimes, I wish the FHSAA did a better job of compiling all the records of the teams (hell they haven't even updated the championship record book in 4-5 years). 

According to legend, Bronson's first round playoff win against Crescent City was extremely well-officiated. 

On 11/23/2020 at 3:17 PM, gatorman-uf said:

FHSAA did updated the records book

10 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

I just looked at football, they are updated, but definitely weren't up to date during the summer. I should have double checked before I ran my mouth.

Thank goodness because ik I checked as of a few months ago and saw nothing and since it wasn't updated since 2015 I can't blame you for thinking it would never get fixed