Historic Playoff Win

OldSchoolLion

6 minutes ago, badbird said:

Mt Dora didn't win a game in the regular season and won it's first ever playoff game in a playin game vs Eustis two weeks ago.   Played it's first playoff game 47 years ago.  I know this is not the answer 

and they didn't even need to win a coin flip to get in

6 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Good try, but no.  The answer is a hs from the northern part of the state, though.

Bronson did get their first playoff win this year (they had never won before). I am unsure of when the school began playing football though, but they have played basketball consistently since the 1920s. 

Sometimes, I wish the FHSAA did a better job of compiling all the records of the teams (hell they haven't even updated the championship record book in 4-5 years). 

12 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:
Here are some old schools that have never won an FHSAA playoff game:
Colonial
Interlachen
Keystone Heights
Lake Placid

In the 24 seasons I have watched Orlando area football, Colonial has had one good team. They just failed to make the playoffs that year, but in any given year that team which went 7-3 could have won 1, perhaps 2, playoff games. They had a good dual threat QB and a talented WR, in addition to a decent defense. They were just one district win away from the playoffs that year. 

Other than that, they struggle year in and year out. Cypress Creek High is sort of in the same bucket but did at least make the playoffs at least once (they did not win) and have not yet had enough seasons to compete with the schools you have listed. 

6 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

Bronson did get their first playoff win this year (they had never won before). I am unsure of when the school began playing football though, but they have played basketball consistently since the 1920s. 

Sometimes, I wish the FHSAA did a better job of compiling all the records of the teams (hell they haven't even updated the championship record book in 4-5 years). 

According to legend, Bronson's first round playoff win against Crescent City was extremely well-officiated. 

On 11/23/2020 at 3:17 PM, gatorman-uf said:

FHSAA did updated the records book

10 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

I just looked at football, they are updated, but definitely weren't up to date during the summer. I should have double checked before I ran my mouth.

Thank goodness because ik I checked as of a few months ago and saw nothing and since it wasn't updated since 2015 I can't blame you for thinking it would never get fixed 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Here’s a scenario that will cook your noodle. There’s an 11th grader at a D rated public school. Lives in a bad neighborhood with a single mom and a bunch of siblings. Dirt poor, and struggle just to eat and keep the lights on. He can’t get a part time job to help out because he has to watch his little siblings while his mom works.    The school he plays for has poor attendance at the football games, and is always bad. He is a super star for them and tons of new bandwagon fans start to attend the games because they are good and he is the reason. School is making tons of new money.    Season is over. Back to reality for him. School year is over. Summer hits. Some “runner” on behalf of the rich local private school “offers” his mom, him, and all his siblings a way out of poverty. New place to live, food on the table, and an opportunity to get a quality education and maximize exposure for all the top colleges to see. A once in a lifetime opportunity to get his family out of poverty. What say you? Does he say no and continue to barely survive, or does he take the deal? 
    • To make it short and sweet. I am against breaking the rules. If there is a rule that seems outdated or unfair then it should be amended/changed/repealed with majority rule 
    • I am a huge proponent of innocent until proven guilty, and due process with credible evidence. I support a credible investigation, and not some witch hunt by disgruntled folks both near and far from the program. Let’s hope they can get to the bottom of this quickly 
    • Thanks for admitting that you do not know why they transferred or the several others that mysteriously transferred to that school (not a known powerhouse).  Thanks for also agreeing you specifically have to ask all the kids that left for seemingly inexplicable reasons why.  That happened as a matter of fact which raises suspicion thus the launch of an investigation by the FHSAA who hopefully will ask YOUR question as well as many more to get to the bottom of it.  Any fair-minded person should readily support this investigation.  If you don't support and admitted you don't know the facts, you are basically guilty of what some are accusing you of.  I would hope you would like to know the TRUTH as opposed to simply attacking the messengers.  
    • Nolebull, so here's the scenario:   A coach or a booster from a high school in Florida approaches a kid who plays football at a different school and offers that kid and/or that kid's parents a boatload of benefits (money, an apartment, or anything else that would, under existing rules, qualify as an "impermissible benefit").  Let's break this down:  it's OK for the kid and his family to accept the impermissible benefits as long as they believe that they're making the 'best decision' for their family.  And it's OK for the coach or booster to provide such impermissible benefits because that somehow improves the kid's chances of succeeding as an athlete and/or student.  Wait, it's not just "OK" for the coach or booster to do that, they should be encouraged to do that because that's the only way they'll be able to keep up with all the other coaches and boosters that are breaking the rules by providing impermissible benefits to other kids.  Have I got that right?  Do you want to do away with all the rules involving recruiting, benefits, transferring, etc. or just keep the rules in place, but not enforce them?   #Lordoftheflies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Popular Contributors