Should We Have Football Academies in the US?

OldSchoolLion

8 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I'm not doubting your experience. However, the stands are usually packed for their home games. Don't know where these people come from and who they are? Maybe they just want to see a good football team play. And, I am quite sure that the stands are really packed for their away games. We all know that IMG is an institution of the privileged which I think most people accept. Unfortunately "attitude" is endemic among many of the young today and not just on the campus of IMG. Thank you for your insight though it's appreciated. 

Huh? Based on people I've talked to from that area the people in Bradenton don't even support IMG and the only reason it looks like they have a decent crowd is because they put the home and road fans on the same side of the stands

When I went down there it was easy to tell that we brought more fans to the game despite traveling 4 hours

They do only have a grandstand on one side.

If the visitors are state teams then they often do bring more fans than IMG. Even the Miami schools like bring more fans than IMG had.

I imagine if they had allowed fans to watch Edgewater it would have been a fuller house. I wanted to go but they were still not allowing anyone on campus.

If the school is from out of state its a ghost town.