John Carroll Catholic @ Trinity Catholic (OTC)

Proseteye

Know absolutely nothing about this Fort Pierce team except for their record. :unsure:   Cannot find any videos on You Tube nor much written about them including HUDL. Their record is 8-1.

Anyone from south Florida been to their games or that know about this team? To play so many higher classification opponents they must be pretty good. They're also averaging 350 YPG on offense.

6A Port St. Lucie - W

6A Okeechobee -  W

4A Avon Park     -  W

8A Treasure Coast - L

6A South Fork   -  W

8A Central         -  W

5A Jensen Beach - W

6A Sebastian River - W

3A First Academy  - W

3A Holy Trinity Episcopal  - W

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

I would look at TCpalm.com (that’s the local paper website) and do a search for John Carroll, lots of articles on there. 

Unfortunately they require a subscription to read the articles. However, did check out the Fort Pierce newspaper which has some info on John Carroll in the playoffs. THANKS.

14 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

Proseteye, do you know anything about Ocala Vanguard? Thank you. 

As much as one can know without being actually associated with the team. We used to play them just about every season and I attended the games. They are usually a very solid team that is very well coached. However they did seem to run into trouble against Armwood and Lake Gibson when they and Vanguard were in 6A.  Anything else I will try my best to answer.

15 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

I do know they were named St Anastasia in the early 60's and back before being renamed John Carroll Catholic. Does that help any?

You are 100% correct.

• Old St. Anastasia Catholic School | Abandoned Florida

www.abandonedfl.com › old-st-anastasia-catholic-school

A new church school auditorium was opened on April 29, 1960 at the new 33rd Street location. Elementary school students were moved there. The high school remained at the 1914 facility until the fall of 1965, when the remainder of the students were moved to the new St. Anastasia High School (later renamed the John H. Carroll High School).

I did manage to find some videos of the the team. Seems like their QB Jay Allen is a pretty good passer. They just barely defeated The First Academy so we should have a good chance against them.

John Carroll does have a couple d-1 baseball commits (QB Jay Allen to Florida) (WR- Branden Calise to Louisville.) 

Living locally, I would say their most impressive performance this year was ironically their loss vs Treasure Coast, they put 28 on them by half before TC’s size, depth and physicality wore them down. 

27 minutes ago, Drogo said:

John Carroll does have a couple d-1 baseball commits (QB Jay Allen to Florida) (WR- Branden Calise to Louisville.) 

Living locally, I would say their most impressive performance this year was ironically their loss vs Treasure Coast, they put 28 on them by half before TC’s size, depth and physicality wore them down. 

In that same first half TC put up 35 against JCC and eventually won 57-28. With that being said, TC is an undefeated 8A team which has blown out most of their opponents. It's going to be a tough go for the Celtics this evening. Just hope that we have the defensive horses to slow down the JCC offense. We do, however, have the offense to beat them.

9 minutes ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

Will trinity catholic be live streaming the game against Jax tca?

I would think they would. The John Carroll Catholic/Trinity Catholic game was streamed on You Tube for free. However, NFHS Network will be streaming it on their platform. They charge $10.99 per month. Not much more than a stadium ticket price.