FHSAA State Championships heading to Doak Campbell

Joshua Wilson

Do the South Florida teams get a stipend when they qualify for state to have to take that tough journey? 

South Florida teams make up at least half the participants every year, and they didnt ask for the game to be 8-9 hours away. 

I really hope the higher ups at the FHSAA do right by them and give the money to the schools to help with travel instead of buying the 40 foot yacht. Lol. They can settle for the 35 footer. Everyone has to sacrifice. 

They will get something. There is a formula the FHSAA has based upon travel and costs they have to submit to them. Not sure exactly what it is. 

And no one I know there has a 40 foot yacht... come on man.

This was a solution for this year so they didn't have to turn people away. This makes sense. 

5 minutes ago, Joshua Wilson said:

They will get something. There is a formula the FHSAA has based upon travel and costs they have to submit to them. Not sure exactly what it is. 

And no one I know there has a 40 foot yacht... come on man.

This was a solution for this year so they didn't have to turn people away. This makes sense. 

i know. its actually pretty cool. Love Doak. Love Tally. Lived their for 2 years. Die hard Noles fan my whole life. At least someone will be winning there this year. LMAO

Based on my 30 seconds of in-depth Internet research, it appears that Doak Campbell has a natural grass field.   The FHSAA has scheduled EIGHT games over four days.   Two high school football games a day for four consecutive days.  They had better hope that it doesn't rain in Tallahassee any of those days (or the day or two leading up to the games).  In my humble opinion, there's no way that a natural grass field can stand up to that many games being played in that short of a time period -- especially if the field gets muddy.   But even without the rain or the mud, that field is going to get chopped up pretty badly over those four days. 

I'm putting it out here right now:  generally speaking, I have a great deal of respect for the FHSAA and what they try to accomplish (especially when the Florida legislature ties their hands behind their back).   That said, I just don't see how you can reconcile "8 games over 4 days" with "player safety comes first."  It looks to me like the FH$AA is simply trying to balance its budget. 

9 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Based on my 30 seconds of in-depth Internet research, it appears that Doak Campbell has a natural grass field.   The FHSAA has scheduled EIGHT games over four days.   Two high school football games a day for four consecutive days.  They had better hope that it doesn't rain in Tallahassee any of those days (or the day or two leading up to the games).  In my humble opinion, there's no way that a natural grass field can stand up to that many games being played in that short of a time period -- especially if the field gets muddy.   But even without the rain or the mud, that field is going to get chopped up pretty badly over those four days. 

I'm putting it out here right now:  generally speaking, I have a great deal of respect for the FHSAA and what they try to accomplish (especially when the Florida legislature ties their hands behind their back).   That said, I just don't see how you can reconcile "8 games over 4 days" with "player safety comes first."  It looks to me like the FH$AA is simply trying to balance its budget. 

Fortunately It does not rain in Tallahassee at this time of year, Perspective.  If it ever did, they might have to call a game played there the Soak at Doak, or something like that, because it would be a real mess.. 

Tim Tebow's “Soak at Doak” Run Created an Iconic Image [VIDEO] | Fanbuzz