Columbia Playoff Trivia

OldSchoolLion

15 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Columbia has traveled to play 8 FHSAA region finals on the road.  How many of those games have they won?

By the way, please check out these exciting new underwear.  Please keep them in mind as a holiday gift for that special Columbia HS fan in your life.

Ethika - LSU Tigers Ethika Youth Death Valley Collegiate Boxer Briefs -  Walmart.com - Walmart.com

1982 lost to Woodham

1984 lost to Woodham

1988 lost to Pine Forest

1995 lost to Evans
1998 lost to Vero Beach

2001 lost to Lincoln

2002 lost to Lincoln

2012 lost to Navarre

though not sure how road games matter considering Columbia is hosting the Regional Finals which Columbia I believe has only lost in the regional finals once (1990 Choctawhatchee who ended up winning a state title)  

Columbia hosted the regional finals in 1997, 2003 and 2015 and won all 3 of those matchups and the St Augustine game next week is at home 

4 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

1982 lost to Woodham

1984 lost to Woodham

1988 lost to Pine Forest

1995 lost to Evans
1998 lost to Vero Beach

2001 lost to Lincoln

2002 lost to Lincoln

2012 lost to Navarre

though not sure how road games matter considering Columbia is hosting the Regional Finals which Columbia I believe has only lost in the regional finals once (1990 Choctawhatchee who ended up winning a state title)  

Columbia hosted the regional finals in 1997, 2003 and 2015 and won all 3 of those matchups and the St Augustine game next week is at home 

Very good and figured you would bring up Columbia's home record.  The point is that Columbia does much better at home than on the road when it comes to region finals! 

7 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

1982 lost to Woodham

1984 lost to Woodham

1988 lost to Pine Forest

1995 lost to Evans
1998 lost to Vero Beach

2001 lost to Lincoln

2002 lost to Lincoln

2012 lost to Navarre

Pine Forest game was at home.  Columbia lost region final on the road at Leon in 1975.

1 minute ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Very good and figured you would bring up Columbia's home record.  The point is that Columbia does much better at home than on the road when it comes to region finals! 

wasnt 4 teams on that list eventual state champs as well (I'm not sure on Woodham but ik that Pine Forest team finished ranked #1 Nationally and the 2001 Lincoln team finished ranked top 25 nationally with a state title win over STA

5 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

wasnt 4 teams on that list eventual state champs as well (I'm not sure on Woodham but ik that Pine Forest team finished ranked #1 Nationally and the 2001 Lincoln team finished ranked top 25 nationally with a state title win over STA

82 and 84 Woodham and Lincoln 01 won state titles

3 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Over the past 20 years, St Augustine has played in 11 region finals.  They have had the benefit of playing 9 of those games at home.  

slightly off topic but before last night what would mainland record of road games in the regional semifinals have been in past 20 years, I can't imagine Mainland has lost many games that early 

18 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Yeah, and they lost to Columbia so you know that really wasn't a typical Mainland team.:rolleyes:

They looked about what I expected from Mainland, they aren't the same team from 5-6 years ago that was probably a state championship caliber team only to run into Miami Central during their 4 peat run 

But they still a good team and the only other team to beat them this season is undefeated Sanford Seminole and Mainland does have a win over Bolles on their resume