Biggest One Hit Wonders

OldSchoolLion

4 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Of the 5 teams mentioned above, Wharton is arguably the greatest one-hit wonder ever.  5 years after opening, the school made the 5A state final, where they lost to Ely.  The future looked bright for Wharton.  But since then, Wharton has only won 3 playoff games, including one this year.

@nolebull813, who is a graduate, put a hex on them!

Wharton has a chance to do a little rebuilding now.   This year was a good start for them.  Their new head coach will bring a certain amount of excitement to the program that might be enough to keep existing talent there and possibly even attract new talent.   That coach is Mike Williams, former Plant/USC/Detroit Lion (and other NFL teams) WR.    Whether he's good enough to overcome the Nolebull hex remains to be seen.  B)

On 12/1/2020 at 10:34 AM, DarterBlue2 said:

@nolebull813, who is a graduate, put a hex on them!

That was my senior year! We had Richard Batman Woods as the coach. He was a college hall of famer with Southern Cal and played with the Bucs. He was Hardy Nickerson and Derrick Brooks before they were! 

we had a UNC commit at RB, Larry Edwards, and USF commit Terrence “country” Royal at LB. 

ran into Ely and Tyrone Moss. (Rest in peace). He torched us for 200 plus yards. 

Yeah when I left, Wharton decided football wasn’t important anymore.

12 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

That was my senior year! We had Richard Batman Woods as the coach. He was a college hall of famer with Southern Cal and played with the Bucs. He was Hardy Nickerson and Derrick Brooks before they were! 

we had a UNC commit at RB, Larry Edwards, and USF commit Terrence “country” Royal at LB. 

ran into Ely and Tyrone Moss. (Rest in peace). He torched us for 200 plus yards. 

Yeah when I left, Wharton decided football wasn’t important anymore.

Looking at their record before 2002, am not sure they thought football was important then either.:rolleyes: