Niceville at Fleming Island Discussion

Rattlin Steele

First post here.  Lurked a short while, see a lot of usernames from another network's FL high school forum that now appears pretty dead.

Nicevillian hoping to discuss Niceville's upcoming matchup with Fleming Island.  Our Eagles, for the first time all year, were certainly tested against Buchholz and fortunate to get the win.  

Any other Eagles from either school onboard?

@AmstaffNole

5 hours ago, Rattlin Steele said:

First post here.  Lurked a short while, see a lot of usernames from another network's FL high school forum that now appears pretty dead.

Nicevillian hoping to discuss Niceville's upcoming matchup with Fleming Island.  Our Eagles, for the first time all year, were certainly tested against Buchholz and fortunate to get the win.  

@AmstaffNole

RUN. THE. FOOTBALL!!! Lol. Man I hope Niceville makes some adjustments this week. Last week I felt like they were determined to run their offense no matter what. Buchholz had two high safeties basically all night and left the middle of the field open. They were determined to not let Niceville beat them with the big play. Shawn Parker had 11 carries for like 130 yards. 11 carries....smh. They needed to run the football to force Buchholz out of the 2 high safeties but they never did. Niceville got lucky last week. Hopefully they take what the defense gives them this week. 

On Buchholz, I agree.  They always seemed to go +1 against our receivers.  If we were 2x2 they were 3x3 with no one behind and between the DEs but a MLB or very high safety.  Parker was very effective but we needed to attack the middle more to make them ease off our WRs.  I might've tried #14 at RB with some inside zone plays or run the QB inside a bit more, but I think they'd rather avoid running him at this point. 

Also QB Wainwright's arm wasn't as sharp this game.  I don't think he was rattled, but we did give up a bunch of sacks to their blitzes.

Fleming Island seems to be a run first team but can throw.  Most of what I've been able to see, they'll take a deep shot every once in a while on an early down but we need to focus on stopping their run game first.  If we can get them behind schedule I like our chances with pressure rush.  

Yeah man it was tough to watch them with 4 down lineman and a middle linebacker in the box and than watch QB1 throw a deep ball right into double and triple coverage lol. I mean I know it’s worked all year against Crestview, Choctaw, FWB, Mosley, etc. but it’s the State Playoffs and the other team has legit athletes too. You gotta take what the defense gives you and find favorable matchups. I think had they done this they could have beat Buchholz by 10-17 in regulation. No disrespect to Buchholz because I loved the way they called that game on both sides of the ball. Whittmore, Quan Smith and Quan Lee were the real deal! 

As far as Fleming Island is concerned I’m not too familiar with them but sounds like they keep the ball on the ground with a stable of backs. Defensively I don’t know if they can matchup though. Honestly I feel better about this game than last week. Niceville is solid in all phases and I think they have the benefit of the film from last week and playing a tough opponent finally. I’m expecting a 42-21 or 28 type game. But we shall see. 

On 12/2/2020 at 2:39 PM, Rattlin Steele said:

@AmstaffNole

I root for Niceville to succeed if that counts haha.

15 hours ago, AmstaffNole said:

Niceville could have easily hung a 50 burger tonight...sorry man lol. 

It’s all good... should have known that was going to happen. I’m sure Coach Springs will have our guys back in this game next year... hopefully we’ll figure out how to be balanced on offense between now and then or it’ll be another ass kicking. Defense never had a chance with 6 three and outs to start the game. Good luck the rest of the way.