10 Undefeated Teams Playing Tonight

OldSchoolLion

10 undefeated teams play tonight.  How many will survive?  One will definitely be out because Jones and Jesuit play each other.

8A Seminole.....vs Bartram Trail

7A Mitchell.....vs Edgewater

7A Niceville.....vs Fleming Island

7A Bloomingdale.....vs Tampa Bay Tech

6A Gaither.....vs Lake Minneola

5A Jones.....vs Jesuit

5A Jesuit.....vs Jones

5A Dunnellon.....vs Vanguard

4A Cocoa.....vs Cardinal Gibbons

1A Baker.....vs Sneads

• OldSchoolLion changed the title to 10 Undefeated Teams Playing Tonight

4 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

10 undefeated teams play tonight.  How many will survive?  One will definitely be out because Jones and Jesuit play each other.

8A Seminole

7A Mitchell

7A Niceville

7A Bloomingdale

6A Gaither

5A Jones

5A Jesuit

5A Dunnellon

4A Cocoa

1A Baker

Cocoa gonna win for sure.  Cardinal Gibbons don't have the recruiting advantage like dem public school boyz.:rolleyes:

10 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

8A Seminole.....vs Bartram Trail

7A Mitchell.....vs Edgewater

7A Niceville.....vs Fleming Island

7A Bloomingdale.....vs Tampa Bay Tech

6A Gaither.....vs Lake Minneola

5A Jones.....vs Jesuit

5A Jesuit.....vs Jones

5A Dunnellon.....vs Vanguard

4A Cocoa.....vs Cardinal Gibbons

1A Baker.....vs Sneads

Cocoa vs. Cardinal Gibbons should  be on spacecoastdaily.com

39 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Cocoa seems to sore a lot more points, but lost focus on their defensive game.  And defense wins championships.

What hurt brevard teams was being forced to just play in county teams. Both Rockledge and Cocoa had pretty good schedules before that change was made. They still could've played a couple out of county teams. The 2 Georgia games. And Chaminade would've gave Cocoa a great measuring point for them against south florida teams

3 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

What hurt brevard teams was being forced to just play in county teams. Both Rockledge and Cocoa had pretty good schedules before that change was made. They still could've played a couple out of county teams. The 2 Georgia games. And Chaminade would've gave Cocoa a great measuring point for them against south florida teams

Hillsborough does it all the time.:)

14 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Lol that's true but the toughest games those 2 had in the regular season were against each other 

There was a time we normally only played "local" teams during the regular season.  And before computers, one might know relatively little about your playoff opponent.  Heck, 50 years ago you might not find out a certain playoff opponent had a new coach until the game.

I mention this because there is a lot of emphasis today on strength of schedule to get one's team ready.  And I find it curious because in the old days a coach basically had to have his team ready for anything at any time. 

I hear some folks today talk about the need to schedule south FL teams to get exposed to their level of speed.  In the late 1970's and early 1980''s, the big school final often featured a south FL team vs a north Fl team.  In those matchups, the north FL schools won more than they lost.  They did it though gritty determination and good fundamentals.  

As an example, the 1976 and 1977 Carol City teams were excellent.  When they played Godby and Choctawhatchee in the finals, the speed of Carol City must have been awe-inspiring to those north FL schools.  Yet, Godby won and Choctawhatchee lost via a last minute field goal.   

Sorry if I sound preachy.  Just trying to present another perspective.           

5 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Gaither was undefeated as well going into the Minneola game with a win over Armwood.  Minneola had a loss to Seminole (no shame there). I expected more out of Gaither on the road.

I was really surprised by that result as well.  Gaither has been on a team on the rise in recent years.  Guess it goes to show that improvement is not always linear.  

1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

In 2011, Cooper City played St Thomas Aquinas.  CC"s schedule that year is below.  In the meantime, St Thomas had already faced 3 nationally ranked teams (Prattville(AL), De La Salle(CA) and Miramar(FL), as well as a tough Cypress Bay team.  The result...one of the most shocking upsets in Florida history, as Cooper City defeated Aquinas at the Raiders home field.  Strength of schedule meant nothing that day.  That was a gritty team taking care of business.  

Non-district game

*Everglades 4-6

*West Broward 1-9

*Monarch 3-7

Nova 3-7

Plantation 5-5

*Western 5-5

South Broward 4-6

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

Gaither was undefeated as well going into the Minneola game with a win over Armwood.  Minneola had a loss to Seminole (no shame there). I expected more out of Gaither on the road.

Minneola is quietly building a solid football program. Their rise is East Ridge's demise. Lots of population in the southern part of Lake County. Probably room there for one state caliber team and as of now, Lake Minneola is it. Fifteen years ago when it did not exist, East Ridge looked to be the rising power.