Bloomingdale-Tech finish

skyway

The last 3-4 minutes of that game will go down in history, unreal. I'm short on time, so can't go into great detail. But, let's just cover the last two plays: Bloomingdale, down 33-30, has a single-digit number of seconds remaining. QB scrambles, hits a big pass down to the ~4 yard-line with a second left. B-dale lines up to kick the game tying FG. Tech jumps offsides. Ball goes to the 2. B-Dale suddenly shifts into a swinging gate-type formation. Direct snaps it to an upback, who plunges over for the walk-off, game-winning TD! Wow!

8 minutes ago, skyway said:

The last 3-4 minutes of that game will go down in history, unreal. I'm short on time, so can't go into great detail. But, let's just cover the last two plays: Bloomingdale, down 33-30, has a single-digit number of seconds remaining. QB scrambles, hits a big pass down to the ~4 yard-line with a second left. B-dale lines up to kick the game tying FG. Tech jumps offsides. Ball goes to the 2. B-Dale suddenly shifts into a swinging gate-type formation. Direct snaps it to an upback, who plunges over for the walk-off, game-winning TD! Wow!

I posted a year or two ago about B-dale being on the rise.  Very proud!!!  WOW!!!

7 hours ago, skyway said:

Do they have a shot at St. Thomas since they get them at home? 

15 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I posted this before the Venice game so I'll repost:

Bloomingdale has as good of a chance as anyone going up against a STA. They must limit mistakes, execute the fundamentals and don't let the Raiders alter your game plan. Dare I say, smash 'em in the mouth early and often to let them know you ain't scared. Most teams lose against STA before they hit the field.

Sincerely,

Dreadnaught alum...

On 12/5/2020 at 5:25 AM, DarterBlue2 said:

On 12/5/2020 at 8:29 PM, Nulli Secundus said:

I posted this before the Venice game so I'll repost:

Bloomingdale has as good of a chance as anyone going up against a STA. They must limit mistakes, execute the fundamentals and don't let the Raiders alter your game plan. Dare I say, smash 'em in the mouth early and often to let them know you ain't scared. Most teams lose against STA before they hit the field.

Sincerely,

Dreadnaught alum...

On 12/6/2020 at 12:18 AM, skyway said:

Watching STA-Venice last night, I do think Bloomingdale has a shot. I have a hunch it may look a lot like the Edgewater game last year.

To answer my own question, I have to agree with @skyway. Bloomingdale does have a shot. St. Thomas looked slightly worse than last year's team, at least against Venice. Venice threw a pick six when they were first and goal at the 4, and passed on kicking field goals twice when they were inside the St. Thomas 15. On film, Bloomingdale looks a bit more athletic than Venice. So, in my opinion, it comes down to whether they can execute their plays effectively. If Bloomingdale can play mistake free football, they can, indeed, beat this St. Thomas team at home. 

BTW, I think a Bloomdale/Edgewater final would be an extremely competitive matchup. I would like to see this game, but realize that both teams have formidable opponents they must overcome to get there. 

8 hours ago, 181pl said:

I'd like to see Bdale and Niceville. Would be a very off-brand but fresh title game.

Niceville is going to have trouble matching up with Edgewater. Had the Bobcats beaten Niceville, I would have given them a better shot. The only way I see Niceville winning this Friday is if the long drive has a significant negative impact on the Edgewater team. It helps that they have decided to make the trip Thursday afternoon and not Friday morning. 

In my honest opinion, I think STA beats Bloomingdale by 14 at least. I don't think Bloomingdale will be strong enough to win the battle in the trenches for 4 quarters. The only chance they have of winning is creating turnovers. If they don't force any turnovers, they lose hands down. This STA team is what they used to be but they are still capable of scoring early, often, and capitalizing off turnovers. Bloomingdale will have to play mistake-free football to advance.

On 12/6/2020 at 8:49 AM, 181pl said:

B-Dale, to have a shot, has to force some turnovers. STA is too talented on both sides for B-Dale to think they will match them score for score or stop for stop. They will need at least 3 turnovers to have a shot and have to play mistake free. Tall task.

This sounds like the prediction of every team that has played ST Thomas in the playoffs the last 10 years. LOl So little changes, but the occasional upset does happen!

22 hours ago, Bamarod said:

This sounds like the prediction of every team that has played ST Thomas in the playoffs the last 10 years. LOl So little changes, but the occasional upset does happen!

I say this because Bloomingdale is smallish. a few years ago they were huge. But now they are smallish and scrappy. Teams like that generally cannot beat St Thomas unless they have several breaks.