Problems in Brevard County?

OldSchoolLion

15 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Palm Bay fell victim to several schools opening. Note; Palm Bay is ranked #1 for wrestling and looks strong for the next few years.

Eau Gallie has had athletes but lacked coaching.

Merritt Island pushes for Baseball now, but can put up a good game but again, coaching is the issue in my opinion.

Rockledge and Cocoa Fight over talent that transfers for football.

Most of the problems with the other schools... administration pushes sports aside. Edgewater and Westshorewould be 2A but do not have football, baseball or basketball.  

Is Hurley Brown still the Head Football Coach at Merritt Island? I always thought that he and his staff did a pretty good job of coaching. I am wrong? 

18 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

Is Hurley Brown still the Head Football Coach at Merritt Island? I always thought that he and his staff did a pretty good job of coaching. I am wrong? 

Yes he's still at Merritt Island. Them playing down in Brevard D2 boosted their confidence til they lost to Satellite but the fact that they were in a dogfight with Holy Trinity foreshadowed everything. 

23 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Palm Bay fell victim to several schools opening. Note; Palm Bay is ranked #1 for wrestling and looks strong for the next few years.

Eau Gallie has had athletes but lacked coaching.

Merritt Island pushes for Baseball now, but can put up a good game but again, coaching is the issue in my opinion.

Rockledge and Cocoa Fight over talent that transfers for football.

Most of the problems with the other schools... administration pushes sports aside. Edgewater and Westshorewould be 2A but do not have football, baseball or basketball.  

That should have been Edgewood and not Edgewater. 

7 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Yes he's still at Merritt Island. Them playing down in Brevard D2 boosted their confidence til they lost to Satellite but the fact that they were in a dogfight with Holy Trinity foreshadowed everything. 

I heard Holy Trinity only had a roster of 22 players. Something like 15 at the end of the season.

2 hours ago, FLABOY941 said:

If everyone went to their districted school, the talent would be distributed more evenly. It seems like "building a powerhouse" is the trend and everyone is playing musical chairs.

In Brevard the talent wouldn't be distributed evenly. It would definitely be about the same. Cocoa, Rockledge, most likely Bayside, Viera or Eau Gallie

On 12/6/2020 at 8:31 PM, KeemD321 said:

Eau Gallie benefitted slightly from the transfers and players they already had. But again that Brevard schedule and Covid didn't help. Their game against Rockledge was cancelled as well

I would say more than slightly, TJ Johnson started at RB transfer from Viera. Stud won game against Viera by himself. Very under-rated. They also got starter DE Julius Barfield , D1 talent, from Viera. Never really bought in to Barfield as he takes way too many plays off. 

Nine starters left Viera this summer when I believe coaching staff decided to change culture. Lots of malcontents hit the road, sadly their talent went with them. Coaches thought team played much better and together but lost most of their top talent, and it does take talent to play at the top levels. Along with those Eau Gallie guys- Housey twins(starters at CB,WR)went with Bryce Norton to Rockledge. Bad move when your team leader leaves but Norton didn't even start this year at QB for Rockledge, waste of talent. Another huge loss for Viera was WR Davis Mallinger who starred for Cocoa this year.

Lots of talent mentioned here spread out to the three top teams in the county. At Viera this would of been a very talented and Senior laden team that would of given Edgewater a respectable game. Viera has been getting used to developing local talent, never relied on transfers, but took a big step back this season with all those that transferred out.

Viera was right there with Cocoa until last season, now Rockledge is clearly a step above them also.  Looks like they are trending in the wrong direction.     

27 minutes ago, Bamarod said:

I would say more than slightly, TJ Johnson started at RB transfer from Viera. Stud won game against Viera by himself. Very under-rated. They also got starter DE Julius Barfield , D1 talent, from Viera. Never really bought in to Barfield as he takes way too many plays off. 

Nine starters left Viera this summer when I believe coaching staff decided to change culture. Lots of malcontents hit the road, sadly their talent went with them. Coaches thought team played much better and together but lost most of their top talent, and it does take talent to play at the top levels. Along with those Eau Gallie guys- Housey twins(starters at CB,WR)went with Bryce Norton to Rockledge. Bad move when your team leader leaves but Norton didn't even start this year at QB for Rockledge, waste of talent. Another huge loss for Viera was WR Davis Mallinger who starred for Cocoa this year.

Lots of talent mentioned here spread out to the three top teams in the county. At Viera this would of been a very talented and Senior laden team that would of given Edgewater a respectable game. Viera has been getting used to developing local talent, never relied on transfers, but took a big step back this season with all those that transferred out.

Viera was right there with Cocoa until last season, now Rockledge is clearly a step above them also.  Looks like they are trending in the wrong direction.     

Viera will be ok as long as they keep developing players. As far as Bryce goes Rockledge coaches dropped the ball with the way they used him. They should've split snaps and used a number of packages with both him and Elias in that would've opened up a number of options. Including using them on double passes, multiple option plays, trick plays and used both of their athleticism