BOOKER T WASHINGTON VS ST THOMAS WEEK 1 SHOWDOWN..THOUGHTS.!??

just tell me one thing, what do we get that helps us by paying to drive like 7 or 8 hours to miami to play booker t? what do we gain from doing that, we would have to skip school just to be down there in time, thats why we dont schedule south florida teams that often

just tell me one thing, what do we get that helps us by paying to drive like 7 or 8 hours to miami to play booker t? what do we gain from doing that, we would have to skip school just to be down there in time, thats why we dont schedule south florida teams that often

The only thing you gain is playing a top notch team seeing if y'all can take them down... I'm pretty sure the kids wouldn't mine coming down playing btw...besides that y'all don't have nothing to gain

we are a poor county overall, why spend what little free money we have abalivalbe to travel all the way to miami, but since btw has won as much as they have recently they will have plenty of money to travel to play us, and we are playing top notch teams, trinity christian, west orange and now apopka in our recent kickoff games, which is where we would play them if we ever matched up, but we are not scared to play tough teams, just look at our schedule this year, including spring and kickoff games we have 9 playoff teams and 7 of our 10 regualr season games are against playoff teams from last year

now, btw is a very good team but they have been competing for national titles for how long? 5? 10? years, aquinus has been at this level for years, they were dominate for a long time, and been producing talent for a long time, so for one u talk about history STA is clearyer better, but i think aquinus will end up winning, im calling a STA WIN by 4

now, btw is a very good team but they have been competing for national titles for how long? 5? 10? years, aquinus has been at this level for years, they were dominate for a long time, and been producing talent for a long time, so for one u talk about history STA is clearyer better, but i think aquinus will end up winning, im calling a STA WIN by 4

True... But I believe if BTW had stay open for as long as STA they would of had a long history... Remember they re open back up in 99-00.... Before then those kids were going to Miami high, Miami beach high and Miami Jackson...

@Zoe Boy you're absolutely right. The population in Overtown is about 8000, whereas before it was at 50-60 thousands with that being said you had enough kids to be sent to Miami Beach, Miami, Jackson and Northwestern with majority going to Jackson. This is why all of these schools lost talent except for Northwestern well they just recently feel off. Oh and the reason why the demographics at Jackson is 65% Hispanic and 35% black is because Overtown kids now attend Booker T. Washington.

@zoeboy i understand what u trying to say but like im sure u would agree with, teams in cities like miami dont have long runs of dominace, it usally lasts a short time bc one bad year and most will start going elsewhere, miami northwestern had like 15 years of great play but it hasent stuck recently bc btw and central have started to gain all the talent so whos to say btw would be as dominate as aqunius was since but i will say they probley won a championship a lot longer ago, but they may not have, so many schools means teams may be good one year and bad the next

that quickly you can fall off, so much instability, when they are good, they are dang good, but in cities like miami u rarly get teams who will be able to sustain themselves for a long period of time

True with some points you said but Central was a bad example... Central was always good just couldn't get over the hump and coaching use to always kill their good teams...

Central problem was Northwestern they couldn't beat them and even when they did they lost. Central beat Northwestern in 2008 but lost to them in the playoffs and the following year lost to Northwestern. Now that year they beat them in the playoffs but didn't make it to states so it was still a lost because Northwestern was district champs. Booker T. Washington In my opinion has had some bad coaching which cost them some state title games.

yeah but at one point carol city was a national contender, same with northwestern, and im sure i could go on and on, at some point central and btw will fall off, bc when u in a city like miami with so many high schools, just one bad year or one bad coaching job for even just 1 season can take a team down, bc once u have a losing season the fans will support someone else, then players will transfer out bc not a lot of loyalty in big cities, so that quick u can fall off the top of the mountain, so eventually both teams will fall off and someone else will take their place

I am back! Had some stuff to take care of, but it's go time! Truthfully this game excites me! 41 game winning streak of BTW vs the tradition of STA. I truly wish this game happened 2-3 years ago, but it is happening now.

I'll give more analysis as we get closer to the season, but with both teams having new head coaches that should make for one interesting start. 

well welcome back, and it will be a good game but got to go with STA winning bc I think this is best team btw has played during this streak

We may be the best team they have played, but that doesn't mean we will win. It'll take a lot to overcome BTW which as we saw at the end of last season just when you think they're done they come roaring back. 

yeah but if anyone has it in them to kill the streak its got to be STA which im sure you will enjoy seeing both should that result happen and the game as a whole would be shocked to see espn televise the game

There are two teams in my opinion that can end the streak in Florida:

St Thomas and Central. Those two. Anyone else isn't even close. 

i agree, i do think they win the 4A state title, i just think the 40+ winning streak will end, but mabey when they lose that streak they will be a better team, bc at that point they will play angry and could dominate the rest of the season after taking that loss

And when they get to Orlando I bet they draw Bolles again because no one up North in 4A has showed me much in terms of knocking them off. 

if they beat STA and central then yes, but I think one beats them but like ive said 100 times, a 14-1 season with a state title I would take in a heartbeat, and so should they bc that would be 4 in a row, that is good, and its not like they will pass de le saul's record bc its too many good teams they play for it to go that long