BOOKER T WASHINGTON VS ST THOMAS WEEK 1 SHOWDOWN..THOUGHTS.!??

Both teams are breaking in new coaches, so it's even on that front.

This feels a lot like when Northwestern finally played STA......One year too late. Northwestern had just lost Teddy Bridgewater and other playmakers. Booker T is losing a ton of players. We'll see how it plays out, but STA is loaded. This game would have been much better last year.

Both teams are breaking in new coaches, so it's even on that front.

This feels a lot like when Northwestern finally played STA......One year too late. Northwestern had just lost Teddy Bridgewater and other playmakers. Booker T is losing a ton of players. We'll see how it plays out, but STA is loaded. This game would have been much better last year.

I feel the same way. I wish it was played last year, but at least theyre playing now

well central doesent have a 40+ winning streak though, this is STA chance to bring some fans back to reality, streaks like these wont last in the state of florida, just too much talent across the board and with social media, the streak de la salle wont be touched in todays game

De lasalle got to worry about one game a year and that's the open championship game... They don't play nobody in Northern California

I think they south California, not that is makes much difference, but no one will ever go 151 straight ever again, first off with all the out of state games, and social media and the fact the talent level is higher now, and in florida their are too many good teams so BTW has no shot of hitting 151, I don't think they even have a shot at passing 100, I don't think anyone in state of florida will ever get past 100 straight, the state is too good for that to happen

I agree. No one will ever come close to 151 straight wins, unless they play in a weak area and purposely avoid playing strong teams, kind of what like Independence High out of NC did a couple of years back. They made it over 100 straight wins and when they finally played an OOS opponent (a team from Ohio) they lost. 

That said, no one will come close because all of the top teams across the nation are now scheduling high profile games. I think that's great because the fans win because we get to see great match ups that never happened before. I hope the Burger King series keeps growing. The games last year were amazing. We need more states to allow that to happen. 

I agree. No one will ever come close to 151 straight wins, unless they play in a weak area and purposely avoid playing strong teams, kind of what like Independence High out of NC did a couple of years back. They made it over 100 straight wins and when they finally played an OOS opponent (a team from Ohio) they lost. 

That said, no one will come close because all of the top teams across the nation are now scheduling high profile games. I think that's great because the fans win because we get to see great match ups that never happened before. I hope the Burger King series keeps growing. The games last year were amazing. We need more states to allow that to happen. 

Independence played a couple SC powers, but nothing else. Even those SC schools were not exactly the strongest bunch then. However I agree we'll never see 151 unless you are playing no one. 

I too hope the Burger King games keep growing. It was an awesome event!

Central has 2, I got word St. Thomas has 1 also. I met a parent that took his son to the west from Booker T. He mentioned some coaches from Booker T. were at the West to stop 3 other players from transfering. That sounds crazy. I hope its not true.

Central has 2, I got word St. Thomas has 1 also. I met a parent that took his son to the west from Booker T. He mentioned some coaches from Booker T. were at the West to stop 3 other players from transfering. That sounds crazy. I hope its not true.

Not true.. They have 3 transfers from northwestern if I'm not mistaken and a dline coach from da west that I use to coach with at another school...

I get that these boy's want the best opportunities presented to them for their college future but transferring I just don't understand. Booker T. Washington is a national power so coaches all over the country know of this school. I can see if you're at Miami Beach, Miami Sunset, Krop, Edison and so on, then transferring would be good. Now granted the 3 year's Earl Tillman was coach 2008-2010 there record was 28-9, but today is new a Era and hopefully he learned from the past and will do great this season.

That is a little surprising if coaches are having to stop kids from transferring. I know they lost a lot to graduation, but I still expect them to be a very good team this season. 

However, if there is ever a time for Central to not just beat BTW, but win a national title this is the year. 

@STARaiders2014 If you're looking at your roster yes you lost a lot to graduation. Maurice Alexander, Antonio Callaway, Mark Walton and Vaquan Smalls which are big holes to feel as well as others. Yes talent came in but who's to say there good. Remember transfers came from Miami Springs, Gulliver Prep, Pace and Northwestern but I'm just speaking in general terms I know these transfers are good. So now if you're a coach I'm sure you're trying to keep whatever pieces you have because you lost one to St. Thomas and Central which is why I understand why a coach would steep to this level. I think it's inappropriate but I understand it.

@STARaiders2014 If you're looking at your roster yes you lost a lot to graduation. Maurice Alexander, Antonio Callaway, Mark Walton and Vaquan Smalls which are big holes to feel as well as others. Yes talent came in but who's to say there good. Remember transfers came from Miami Springs, Gulliver Prep, Pace and Northwestern but I'm just speaking in general terms I know these transfers are good. So now if you're a coach I'm sure you're trying to keep whatever pieces you have because you lost one to St. Thomas and Central which is why I understand why a coach would steep to this level. I think it's inappropriate but I understand it.

I understand it as well. You have to do what you have to do. That is just the way it is down in SFLA. 

It can be controversial, but if a parent wants their child in a better program they'll move them. Its not just SoFla. I played a year in Tampa(pre-Armwoods existence) it was going on there too. Tampa Tech, King, and Hillsborogh. Unwritten rule is If you dont wanna be here haul a@#.