BOOKER T WASHINGTON VS ST THOMAS WEEK 1 SHOWDOWN..THOUGHTS.!??

It can be controversial, but if a parent wants their child in a better program they'll move them. Its not just SoFla. I played a year in Tampa(pre-Armwoods existence) it was going on there too. Tampa Tech, King, and Hillsborogh. Unwritten rule is If you dont wanna be here haul a@#.

When did you go? I remember Chamberlain had a state title appearance in 2001. Yet had never won a playoff game before that year. I believe they lost to Naples in that game with Dwyane Coleman at RB he was a STUD!!

Its friendly football conversation. You should always be proud of your alma mata. My moms still talks about Booker T. , pops brags about Northwestern, and I'm a Carol City parent. A lot of pride in the family. lol

Your family is all over the place huh? lol Maurice Crum I remember him. He was a pretty good player with the Canes in the late 80s-early 90s. 

yeah, its made rivarys feel too friendly, might be why no one seems to respect the Columbia and Suwanee rivary, used to feel like a rivary, but its so friendly when game ends, no bad blood, no anger, just another border battle rivary, it sometimes seems like its lost its edge

• 3 weeks later...

There are two teams in my opinion that can end the streak in Florida:

St Thomas and Central. Those two. Anyone else isn't even close. 

Something to think about.

In 2011 Cocoa took BTW into OT. BTW pulled the rabbit out of the hat on a 4th and 15 busted FG when Harris scrambled and threw a desperation pass for a TD. They missed the Xtra point attempt. It was good enough for the win after BTW sacked Cocoa on 3rd and 4th downs.

2012 BTW finished in the top 25 nationally and defeated a very young Cocoa Team. Cocoa doesn't get the transfers like BTW.

BTW was National Champs in 2013 and rightly so. They totally smashed Cocoa in the regional final. They also defeated Nationally top 25 teams along the way to their Nat Championship season.

How soon we forget. 2014, Cocoa held BTW to the fewest points of the season and lost by 2 points. That young is maturing.

2915, Cocoa has arrived. The team that saw BTW in 2012 has grown up. Add this game to the list of teams that have a chance to end the streak.

And when they get to Orlando I bet they draw Bolles again because no one up North in 4A has showed me much in terms of knocking them off. 

Raines beat Bolles regular season 2 years running but lost to them in the playoffs. Call it Bolles revenge... so there is another team in 4A north that has potential. Never say never.

Something to think about.

In 2011 Cocoa took BTW into OT. BTW pulled the rabbit out of the hat on a 4th and 15 busted FG when Harris scrambled and threw a desperation pass for a TD. They missed the Xtra point attempt. It was good enough for the win after BTW sacked Cocoa on 3rd and 4th downs.

2012 BTW finished in the top 25 nationally and defeated a very young Cocoa Team. Cocoa doesn't get the transfers like BTW.

BTW was National Champs in 2013 and rightly so. They totally smashed Cocoa in the regional final. They also defeated Nationally top 25 teams along the way to their Nat Championship season.

How soon we forget. 2014, Cocoa held BTW to the fewest points of the season and lost by 2 points. That young is maturing.

2915, Cocoa has arrived. The team that saw BTW in 2012 has grown up. Add this game to the list of teams that have a chance to end the streak.

Don't use the transfer excuse in 2012 to say that why yall lost.. 95% of that team was together since their Optimus days playing for overtown rattlers... Last year game BTW led wire to wire and that same desperation pass Treon threw in 11 you can say that last year with your qb... I knew you were even surprise that pass got completed... Will see this year... BTW have a lot of unknown talent like the 2011 team... We will see myfreind....

When was the last time or how has BTW done in big game public underdog situations.  Some kids/coaches feed off this stuff and some think the other team is actually the underdog.  We all know see/hear through news and social media what STA will bring to the table....not so much with BTW other then they are down.  Like Zoe Boy says....the unknown and BTW could be a dangerous combo to underestimate.

When was the last time or how has BTW done in big game public underdog situations. Some kids/coaches feed off this stuff and some think the other team is actually the underdog. We all know see/hear through news and social media what STA will bring to the table....not so much with BTW other then they are down. Like Zoe Boy says....the unknown and BTW could be a dangerous combo to underestimate.

One of the new coaches at BTW is my boy and use to coach with him at Somerset... He didn't tell me much but just told me its reloaded!!!