Thoughts on the Orlando Area's Team That Have Made the Finals

DarterBlue2

7 hours ago, EagleEye said:

Given I attend Edgewater currently B) I have a lot of access to "inside information" from friends on the team, I'd hope so, I've heard talk about possible Wekiva/Lake Brantley transfers, we'll see about that though. Duke and the staff have completely flipped this program around from before my freshman year to now and I'm here for it.

With Wekiva losing its head coach and with Edgewater splitting the Lockhart kids with Wekiva (boundary runs through that neighborhood), it is entirely possible that some of the Wekiva returnees may end up at either Edgewater or Apopka next year. Usually, the Lake Brantley kids stay put. But who knows? How good were the incoming freshmen this year? Probably hard to answer due to Covid-19 disruption. 

6 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Edgewater killed themself with 5 (lost 3) fumbles and 2 interceptions. STA had 0 turnovers. Nobody overcomes that. For what it's worth.....Great season Eagles. 

Yes, two of them set up easy Aquinas touchdowns and two occurred inside the 10 (one inside the 5). That is potentially a 28 point flip right there. Like you said, only the Glades Central or Pahokee teams of old could overcome that when they played woefully inferior competition back in the day. 

I feel sorry for the Eagles. Of their five trips to the state title, three of them were winnable (the first and the last two). 

But you know what? At the end of the day, since 2000, they have a better track record than well over 90% of all schools that compete in the state series. That, in of itself, is something to be proud of. 

On 12/20/2020 at 6:55 AM, DarterBlue2 said:

With Wekiva losing its head coach and with Edgewater splitting the Lockhart kids with Wekiva (boundary runs through that neighborhood), it is entirely possible that some of the Wekiva returnees may end up at either Edgewater or Apopka next year. Usually, the Lake Brantley kids stay put. But who knows? How good were the incoming freshmen this year? Probably hard to answer due to Covid-19 disruption. 

The freshman are ready to get on the field and go. Talking with some of em, they feel like the standards been set now, so they have to put in the work to be great and consistent. I feel like another state semifinals run is possible but if we run into niceville again they might just take it home with them. Haven't seen the freshman nor some of the sophomore class really play much so I don't know if the skill will be on par.