OldSchoolLion

DarterBlue2

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

Whoa look at Darter with the Non-PC shoutout. I’m impressed! 

Merry Christmas to you and yours 

I was brought up in a household where my parents were at least nominally Christian. Moreover, Jamaica where I spent the first 27 years of my life,is predominantly Christian, despite the presence of Rastafarians. I assume that OldSchool would be Christian, practicing or not. 

2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I was brought up in a household where my parents were at least nominally Christian. Moreover, Jamaica where I spent the first 27 years of my life,is predominantly Christian, despite the presence of Rastafarians. I assume that OldSchool would be Christian, practicing or not. 

Good stuff. I knew there was something good about you :P

So, it looks like OldSchool last posted (and reacted to other posts) on December 10th.  I have a theory that sometime the following day, he and Jesse went up to Madison County High School to do research for the sequels to his Greatest State Championship Team Ever thread and his Best FL HS Offense of each Decade thread.  The sequels are "Greatest State Championship Team from Madison County" and "Best FL HS Offense of each Decade from Madison County." 

He and Jesse wandered into the Madison County Public Library the morning of December 11th, armed with enough canned Vienna sausages, pork rinds and NeHi sodas to last them for weeks, as they knew the task before them would take many hours.  They are currently holed up in a dusty basement looking at something called microfiche, which has yellowish-orangish images of stories from something the people used to call 'the sports section of a newspaper.' 

They'll emerge with enough information to supply MadCo Trivia Questions until football starts up again next fall.

(At least that's what I'm hoping). 

• 2 weeks later...

I think (and not 100% sure) that when everything went down with the St. Thomas Aquinas thing a few weeks back Old School may have been removed as a moderator and either suspended, banned or chose to leave the site on his own volition (spelling).

Josh or Hunter would have to confirm this.

52 minutes ago, peezy28 said:

I think (and not 100% sure) that when everything went down with the St. Thomas Aquinas thing a few weeks back Old School may have been removed as a moderator and either suspended, banned or chose to leave the site on his own volition (spelling).

20 years later STA still causing problems on message boards.  Bunch of arrogant cheaters.  

2 hours ago, peezy28 said:

It would show up on their profile if they were banned and it doesn't say anything on his profile so it's likely he wasn't banned 

He likely just got pissed when the thing with STA went down and chose to stop posting at that point

11 hours ago, peezy28 said:
10 hours ago, badbird said:

20 years later STA still causing problems on message boards.  Bunch of arrogant cheaters.  

What exactly is the STA situation that happened a few weeks back?  Thank you. 

11 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

What exactly is the STA situation that happened a few weeks back?  Thank you. 

Jambun, I'll stick my neck out and take a shot at summarizing what I know (with the caveat that, as my wife often reminds me, I don't know everything):

Leading up to the Bloomingdale/St. Thomas Aquinas game, tickets were sold online.  I do not know the details of how or when the tickets sales announcement was first made.  In any event, I believe one or more Board members purchased tickets.  At some point that week, the tickets sold out. 

An announcement was made a few days later (and a day or two before the game) that a determination was made that STA fans had not had a fair chance to buy tickets.  As a result, some of the ticket sales that already had been made were 'reversed' and money was refunded.    Again, I don't know how the process worked.   Did the purchasing system go back and reverse the last couple hundred transactions or was it done randomly?  I don't know.   However, I believe one or two of the Board members who had purchased tickets had their transactions reversed (and their money refunded).    That created a new allotment of tickets that were then scarfed up by STA fans. 

Those Board members who had their transactions reversed were not particularly happy about that.  They had stood in the (virtual) ticket line, and had made their purchases, only to be told that their tickets would be invalidated because STA fans didn't know where the line was and, therefore, did not have the (same?) opportunity to stand in the virtual line and buy their tickets.    I now return to my caveat and state for the record that I do not know the particulars regarding how some people knew where the virtual line was and when the virtual ticket window opened while others did not. 

Some of the folks who had purchased tickets, only to have the purchases reversed, used this forum as a means of . . . shall we say, 'expressing their dissatisfaction' with the quality of service they were provided.   Some, rightfully or wrongfully, suggested that STA had started swinging its weight around, perhaps with the FHSAA, in order to secure ample tickets after tickets had been sold out.  As I recall, some even suggested that STA had threatened legal action. I even went so far as to pen a light-hearted, satirical checklist of all the things the STA fans had to do before making the trip across the state and that somehow, purchasing the game tickets had failed to show up on the list.  If memory serves me correct, I posted my post Wednesday or Thursday afternoon before the Friday night game.   I then left my office and went home.  

On a personal note, I don't typically check this site from home.  By the time I got to work the next morning, all hell had apparently broken loose.  By all appearances, forum posters became a little more 'aggressive' with their posts and accusations.  I'm assuming one or more posters leveled some serious allegations against STA/STA fans, which appear to have resulted in one or more posts/DM's/faxes/certified letters/overnight deliveries/process servers, etc. from embarrassed/outraged STA personnel and/or fans threatening legal action against this site and its owner. Not wanting to go to war with the 800-pound gorilla, Josh made the business decision to take down the thread.  For reasons that are not clear to me, he also made the decision to terminate administrator rights of some or all of the site administrators.  Perhaps Josh or someone can explain that decision.  Or perhaps all that needs to be said has been said. 

Again, as you can see, there is big gap in my timeline between what happened and what was posted after I left my office the one day of game week and the next morning when I came in and checked the site.  Perhaps someone else can fill in the missing information.   But, from what I have seen and heard, the bottom line is that a few posters (some of whom may have been members and/or administrators) suggested that STA and/or its fans acted in a heavy-handed manner to the detriment of those who already had purchased tickets to the game.  When called out, STA and/or its fans doubled down.  Not wanting to go to war with a heavily-armed and well-funded enemy, Josh made the decision to pull the whole 'discussion' off the site. 

I hope that what I have said is both accurate and non-confrontational.   As with many of my posts, this post contains both my factual recitations and my opinions.  Hopefully, I have not stepped over any lines.  I guess we'll see.  Josh, if you believe that I've crossed the line, DM me and I'll take this post down. 

5 hours ago, Perspective said:

Jambun, I'll stick my neck out and take a shot at summarizing what I know (with the caveat that, as my wife often reminds me, I don't know everything):

Leading up to the Bloomingdale/St. Thomas Aquinas game, tickets were sold online.  I do not know the details of how or when the tickets sales announcement was first made.  In any event, I believe one or more Board members purchased tickets.  At some point that week, the tickets sold out. 

An announcement was made a few days later (and a day or two before the game) that a determination was made that STA fans had not had a fair chance to buy tickets.  As a result, some of the ticket sales that already had been made were 'reversed' and money was refunded.    Again, I don't know how the process worked.   Did the purchasing system go back and reverse the last couple hundred transactions or was it done randomly?  I don't know.   However, I believe one or two of the Board members who had purchased tickets had their transactions reversed (and their money refunded).    That created a new allotment of tickets that were then scarfed up by STA fans. 

Those Board members who had their transactions reversed were not particularly happy about that.  They had stood in the (virtual) ticket line, and had made their purchases, only to be told that their tickets would be invalidated because STA fans didn't know where the line was and, therefore, did not have the (same?) opportunity to stand in the virtual line and buy their tickets.    I now return to my caveat and state for the record that I do not know the particulars regarding how some people knew where the virtual line was and when the virtual ticket window opened while others did not. 

Some of the folks who had purchased tickets, only to have the purchases reversed, used this forum as a means of . . . shall we say, 'expressing their dissatisfaction' with the quality of service they were provided.   Some, rightfully or wrongfully, suggested that STA had started swinging its weight around, perhaps with the FHSAA, in order to secure ample tickets after tickets had been sold out.  As I recall, some even suggested that STA had threatened legal action. I even went so far as to pen a light-hearted, satirical checklist of all the things the STA fans had to do before making the trip across the state and that somehow, purchasing the game tickets had failed to show up on the list.  If memory serves me correct, I posted my post Wednesday or Thursday afternoon before the Friday night game.   I then left my office and went home.  

On a personal note, I don't typically check this site from home.  By the time I got to work the next morning, all hell had apparently broken loose.  By all appearances, forum posters became a little more 'aggressive' with their posts and accusations.  I'm assuming one or more posters leveled some serious allegations against STA/STA fans, which appear to have resulted in one or more posts/DM's/faxes/certified letters/overnight deliveries/process servers, etc. from embarrassed/outraged STA personnel and/or fans threatening legal action against this site and its owner. Not wanting to go to war with the 800-pound gorilla, Josh made the business decision to take down the thread.  For reasons that are not clear to me, he also made the decision to terminate administrator rights of some or all of the site administrators.  Perhaps Josh or someone can explain that decision.  Or perhaps all that needs to be said has been said. 

Again, as you can see, there is big gap in my timeline between what happened and what was posted after I left my office the one day of game week and the next morning when I came in and checked the site.  Perhaps someone else can fill in the missing information.   But, from what I have seen and heard, the bottom line is that a few posters (some of whom may have been members and/or administrators) suggested that STA and/or its fans acted in a heavy-handed manner to the detriment of those who already had purchased tickets to the game.  When called out, STA and/or its fans doubled down.  Not wanting to go to war with a heavily-armed and well-funded enemy, Josh made the decision to pull the whole 'discussion' off the site. 

I hope that what I have said is both accurate and non-confrontational.   As with many of my posts, this post contains both my factual recitations and my opinions.  Hopefully, I have not stepped over any lines.  I guess we'll see.  Josh, if you believe that I've crossed the line, DM me and I'll take this post down. 

I believe the missing part was there was an accusation from a poster about STA boosters paying players... I think is what sent STA Brass over the edge to start threatening law suits and such.

12 hours ago, Perspective said:

Thank you Perspective, I think that I vaguely remember this now. Josh did the right thing removing the thread in my opinion. 

7 hours ago, peezy28 said:

I believe the missing part was there was an accusation from a poster about STA boosters paying players... I think is what sent STA Brass over the edge to start threatening law suits and such.

Yes, that is not something that should be discussed without any solid evidence. There is no need to be sued for libel. 

13 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

Yes, that is not something that should be discussed without any solid evidence. There is no need to be sued for libel. 

I don't believe there is grounds for there to be a lawsuit against anonymous poster "Peezy28, or Jambun, or Perspective, or FloridaHSFootball."  I think perhaps they could "try" to sue Josh but that is like me trying to sue Facebook for one of its posters making an false statement about me.

This was a scare tactic and essentially them trying to throw their weight around... IMO.

If only there were someone that knew the law who could tell me if I were right or wrong here @Perspective :rolleyes:

25 minutes ago, peezy28 said:

I don't believe there is grounds for there to be a lawsuit against anonymous poster "Peezy28, or Jambun, or Perspective, or FloridaHSFootball."  I think perhaps they could "try" to sue Josh but that is like me trying to sue Facebook for one of its posters making an false statement about me.

This was a scare tactic and essentially them trying to throw their weight around... IMO.

If only there were someone that knew the law who could tell me if I were right or wrong here @Perspective :rolleyes:

Exactly in order to be proven guilty of libel you have to prove without a doubt that what was written caused direct and irrefutable damages to yourself, business or organization. A message board that what maybe a couple hundred people visit that is based on opinions I doubt would hold any water in any court.