Eight spring questions for defending state champions

Joshua Wilson

Eight questions (one for each team) for the state champions. My biggest question though is can any or all of them repeat as state champions in 2015? Those questions will start to get answered as we progress into the early days of spring football. Check out the article below on the questions.

LINK: http://flhsfb.us/1b7Y3e7

• 2 weeks later...

a question for booker t washington will be how many more times can they change coaches before the national domination ends, i think they win state title but not 15-0 but hey 14-1 and a state title is dang good, i would take that record in a heartbeat especially if i get a state title

• 2 weeks later...

a question for booker t washington will be how many more times can they change coaches before the national domination ends, i think they win state title but not 15-0 but hey 14-1 and a state title is dang good, i would take that record in a heartbeat especially if i get a state title

That is honestly a great question! This will be their 3rd coach since the streak started. Ice has moved on to The U and his son is now at FIU. It just seems to be next man up in Overtown. However, when you have the kind of talent it makes coaching a lot easier!

i think btw is favorite to win 4A once again and could be a while bf they are knocked off that championship postion, i just feel that streak will end but hey i would accept 14-1 state championship season in a heart beat, that is still a dang good season to have

I would take a 14-1 STA state title too lol I think everyone outside of BTW would because that'd mean the streak would end, but that just means another one is going to start. 

Some schools are expected to win like Northwestern was back during their glory days and I can tell you all that when you had them on the schedule you automatically took the Lost. Now with Central and Booker T. Washington the expectations are their but it's a little different. For both of these schools going 14-1 or 13-2 with state titles are considered good seasons, where as others and I'mma use Northwestern again which they will fire a coach well..... the alumni just by looking at you the wrong way. Also, and I'm sure people have heard this before and if not you're in luck. Jackson plays Northwestern in their annual soul bowl game since 1967. The year 1998 was considered the soul bow 2 because both were in the same district so this game determined who went to states and Jackson led the whole game with 2 minutes left and lost and the alumni gave hell causing the coach to be fired and I wanna say that was 12-3 season. My whole point of saying all of this is that no matter how each school does just long as they bring home a state title they'll be good.

i see how it is for them, but I would take a state title any way I can get it wether its 9-1 regular season or 10-0 or even 5-5 regular season, if I can end the year with a state championship I would take it in a heartbeat, now I don't know how it is in Miami but state title is good for me any way I can get it

we have done that before, but I cleary stated 14-1 with a state title, the point I was making was at this point I would take a state title anyway I can get it, I don't really care wether its 15-0 season or 14-1 or a 10-5 season, as long as we end the season with a championship il be happy with it, and you should be happy with any season that ends with a state title

now i agree that losing that streak would hurt, it would not hurt as much as losing a championship, but i and many others would be willing to go 9-1 in reguar season if we can have a state title and go 14-1 heck i would take 4 straight seasons like that over 1 15-0 season, since 4 titles are better then 1

let's take a trip down memory lane if we can. 2011 season Booker T. Washington went 12-2 without a state and all I kept hearing was the team was young. I'm not an alumni of the school or live in the area, but I've heard people were furious because they lead the whole game and lost in the 4th quarter. I'm saying this because the tornado nation got over it and none of the coaching staff was replaced and since then they are 41-0. Not to mention, 2007 season they went undefeated then the following year 10-4 and people still stuck with them.

ok, and that loss motivated them to get better, but are u saying u would not take a 14-1 record WITH a state title bc if you say you would not then its just crazy, i would like to be a 15-0 team but i would take a state title any way i could get it, dont care what reguar season record is as long as i end with state title, i dont really care about the national rankings anyway

I rep Miramar and of course I'd like them at 15-0 but that's a hard card to pull. 2009 season had only one lost which was to St. Thomas 14-1 with a state title and In 2011 we went 13-1 and the only lost came from Plant state title game. So again, I'm not knocking anybody and sure I'd love for a 15-0 season but I'd take something else along with a state title. I don't know why people feel like you must go undefeated for a superior season shoot winning a state title should be the ultimate goal if you ask me.

that's the exact point I was trying to tell u the whole time, I don't give a crap about 15-0 besides even if Columbia did that we would likey not get a national championship bc we don't get enough exposure, so I just want the championship, which is plenty good enough for me

let's take a trip down memory lane if we can. 2011 season Booker T. Washington went 12-2 without a state and all I kept hearing was the team was young. I'm not an alumni of the school or live in the area, but I've heard people were furious because they lead the whole game and lost in the 4th quarter. I'm saying this because the tornado nation got over it and none of the coaching staff was replaced and since then they are 41-0. Not to mention, 2007 season they went undefeated then the following year 10-4 and people still stuck with them.

Bro you took me down memory lane with that Soul Bowl 2 game in 1998. Jackson coach fired I think not too long after the game. Stunned a lot of people outside of that rivalry, but it was all or nothing. 

yeah but we would have been able to change the perception of our team with that win, most people under respect us bc its been almost 50 years since our last championship in a media era where only thing that matters is a championship, now we got a huge roadblocks, wether its Lincoln or first coast or STA the 7A is no cake walk and we got a tough setup to win under, but mabey we can see what we got as a team on Saturday when we take on duval charter

yeah but we would have been able to change the perception of our team with that win, most people under respect us bc its been almost 50 years since our last championship in a media era where only thing that matters is a championship, now we got a huge roadblocks, wether its Lincoln or first coast or STA the 7A is no cake walk and we got a tough setup to win under, but mabey we can see what we got as a team on Saturday when we take on duval charter

That is very true! Is Duval Charter really a worthy opponent or more so a test to see where Columbia needs to improve?