New District's

Nolestrong

12 hours ago, Perspective said:

When will the New District's what be released?    

#grammarpoliceonpatrol      B)

Perspective, I believe that the question would be for an experienced Attorney, is the legal ramifications of the Grammar Police.  Does the unit have arrest powers? May members of this unit carry a firearm?

17 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

Perspective, I believe that the question would be for an experienced Attorney, is the legal ramifications of the Grammar Police.  Does the unit have arrest powers? May members of this unit carry a firearm?

Unlike message board administrators, members of the Grammar Police Department are all self-appointed volunteers.  They do not have the power to arrest -- only to embarrass and point out mistakes (like adding an apostrophe "s" to the word "District" to make the word possessive instead of plural, as was no doubt intended).  The risk, of course, is people tend to have long memories and will instantly pounce on any grammatical mistakes, misspellings, etc. that a grammar policeman makes in the future.  Also, they do not carry a firearm; instead, they typically carry an armory of red pens to circle errors.  And, just in case you were wondering, the pay stinks and the benefits are virtually non-existent . . . kind of like high school football coaches in Florida (see how I brought that back around to topic deserving of attention?).   :D

On 2/6/2021 at 3:30 PM, Perspective said:

Unlike message board administrators, members of the Grammar Police Department are all self-appointed volunteers.  They do not have the power to arrest -- only to embarrass and point out mistakes (like adding an apostrophe "s" to the word "District" to make the word possessive instead of plural, as was no doubt intended).  The risk, of course, is people tend to have long memories and will instantly pounce on any grammatical mistakes, misspellings, etc. that a grammar policeman makes in the future.  Also, they do not carry a firearm; instead, they typically carry an armory of red pens to circle errors.  And, just in case you were wondering, the pay stinks and the benefits are virtually non-existent . . . kind of like high school football coaches in Florida (see how I brought that back around to topic deserving of attention?).   :D

Thank you Perspective, you are very focused. 

On 2/7/2021 at 4:38 PM, Jambun82 said:

Thank you Perspective, you are very focused. 

I was looking at a older post about districts and moving teams up. Columbia fan class 2020, forgot to mention madison county as a team they could get kids from if they wanted to compete with miami schools.  Suwannee,  Fort white, Taylor,  Hamilton,  are okay programs.  Madison is elite and would give miami problems alone, but with Columbia and madison combined they would beat almost anyone in America. Derrick staten,  madco travis jay, Jordan Smith,  marquis bell Columbia and many more. The offensive line would be beast,  wide receiver deadly,  defense extremely physical.  Running backs explosive,  why not Columbia send them to madco 1 year or 2 and take over Florida. 

11 hours ago, Jesse said:

I was looking at a older post about districts and moving teams up. Columbia fan class 2020, forgot to mention madison county as a team they could get kids from if they wanted to compete with miami schools.  Suwannee,  Fort white, Taylor,  Hamilton,  are okay programs.  Madison is elite and would give miami problems alone, but with Columbia and madison combined they would beat almost anyone in America. Derrick staten,  madco travis jay, Jordan Smith,  marquis bell Columbia and many more. The offensive line would be beast,  wide receiver deadly,  defense extremely physical.  Running backs explosive,  why not Columbia send them to madco 1 year or 2 and take over Florida. 

None of this is true. It looks like a paragraph you are sending to CNN to prove you know how to spread fake news 

Here is some info from the upcoming FHSAA BOD's meeting regarding re-classification: https://fhsaa.com/documents/2021/2/10//February_2021_Complete_Agenda.pdf?id=1151

Item for Discussion:

The 2021-22 school year starts a new two year classification cycle per policy 12. The student enrollment numbers used for this upcoming cycle were submitted by member schools to the FHSAA Office in October 2020. FHSAA Staff has heard some concern from membership concerning the validity of the student enrollment numbers submitted due to COVID-19. Some of the ideas from membership was to extend the current classification setup by one or two years. FHSAA Staff has reviewed student enrollment numbers from the last 3 years (October 2020, October 2019 and October2018) and followed up with school districts and schools for student enrollments that may have the appearance of a significant percentage decrease or increase.

There is also a Discussion Item regarding 1A:

Request to discuss the revamping of IA rural and how the class is determined moving from a set number of student enrollment at 600 to a set number of schools in the class by sport.

Over the course of the years the IA rural class has been in existence It no longer resembles what it was intended to be and also has been consistently manipulated by schools and school based personnel. We have seen schools that have had their enrollment numbers decreased by many students and come in for classification purposes at 600, 599, etc. to get under the 600 mark that was set in the beginning of this class being formed. The sole purpose of using 600 as the number in the beginning was that it was determined that there needed to be 32 teams in the sport of football for example, in order to make the classification sustainable and at that time it took the number up to 600 to reach that 32 threshold. That is no longer the case but what schools are doing is manipulating their numbers through various ways. Below is a list of some of the ways these numbers are being manipulated. Sending lower achieving students to alternative schools and placing them with an administrator” so they are considered a different school and fall under the non4raditional student category so the main school only has to count the students that participate in sports at the main high school which is a number that is IMPOSSIBLE for the FHSAA to monitor or anyone to verity. Keep in mind many of these students cannot graduate because they are a complete virtual platform that does not offer enough classes for graduation or they will then come and graduate with their peers at their home school after all sports are completed Using virtual platforms within what is now their covid relief plan to house students that are doing virtual school within the home school, not FLVS, but are some on campus and some off. Many schools are allowing students that are staying home for ‘covid concerns” to participate still in athletics. These students are not being counted under the home school so they don’t count in their student enrollment numbers for classifications. These are just a couple of examples but I am certain if I dig there are many more. The ENTIRE PURPOSE of the IA Rural class was to create a class that is for like schools and like communities. You would be hard pressed to find many of the schools in 1A that have a chain grocery store, any fast food places, more than I or 2 red lights and almost none will have a Walmart. We are now getting to the point where there are schools with every fast food restaurant there Is, Walmart supercenters. a major state highway running through them, and almost 6,000 people in the city itself compared to the majority of schools that have closer to 2,000 people in their respective communities. I will provide the exact population for all rural school communities at the board meeting. My biggest point is that if we remove the 600 number and just take the smallest X number of schools per classification for each rural sport we would take away all manipulation tools that could be used to take athletic advantage of a school working to get below that number. This will not alleviate all problems but it wili go a long way to fixing this issue which I believe could mean the end of the classification in the future. I also pose this thought IA has always been criticized as being the only class that has a set number. This would take away that perceived inequity and place them on a similar, yet not exact, playing field as the other classes. In closing, I believe we must make a harsh move to eliminate the manipulation that is not taking place to get schools into the rural class and it is only going to get worse with covid and the future of education that is moving more and more towards virtual and non traditional student education. I have been the biggest proponent on this board for some time to leave the IA class alone but it is time to make some changes to save the integrity of the classification. Bobby Johns

14 hours ago, Jesse said:

And here we have exhibit #673,432,987 of dumb shit said by Jesse

On 2/11/2021 at 10:55 PM, Jesse said:

Combine they will never beat the Miami teams.

On 2/12/2021 at 12:50 PM, CoachMcG1 said:

Here is some info from the upcoming FHSAA BOD's meeting regarding re-classification: https://fhsaa.com/documents/2021/2/10//February_2021_Complete_Agenda.pdf?id=1151

Item for Discussion:

The 2021-22 school year starts a new two year classification cycle per policy 12. The student enrollment numbers used for this upcoming cycle were submitted by member schools to the FHSAA Office in October 2020. FHSAA Staff has heard some concern from membership concerning the validity of the student enrollment numbers submitted due to COVID-19. Some of the ideas from membership was to extend the current classification setup by one or two years. FHSAA Staff has reviewed student enrollment numbers from the last 3 years (October 2020, October 2019 and October2018) and followed up with school districts and schools for student enrollments that may have the appearance of a significant percentage decrease or increase.

There is also a Discussion Item regarding 1A:

Request to discuss the revamping of IA rural and how the class is determined moving from a set number of student enrollment at 600 to a set number of schools in the class by sport.

Over the course of the years the IA rural class has been in existence It no longer resembles what it was intended to be and also has been consistently manipulated by schools and school based personnel. We have seen schools that have had their enrollment numbers decreased by many students and come in for classification purposes at 600, 599, etc. to get under the 600 mark that was set in the beginning of this class being formed. The sole purpose of using 600 as the number in the beginning was that it was determined that there needed to be 32 teams in the sport of football for example, in order to make the classification sustainable and at that time it took the number up to 600 to reach that 32 threshold. That is no longer the case but what schools are doing is manipulating their numbers through various ways. Below is a list of some of the ways these numbers are being manipulated. Sending lower achieving students to alternative schools and placing them with an administrator” so they are considered a different school and fall under the non4raditional student category so the main school only has to count the students that participate in sports at the main high school which is a number that is IMPOSSIBLE for the FHSAA to monitor or anyone to verity. Keep in mind many of these students cannot graduate because they are a complete virtual platform that does not offer enough classes for graduation or they will then come and graduate with their peers at their home school after all sports are completed Using virtual platforms within what is now their covid relief plan to house students that are doing virtual school within the home school, not FLVS, but are some on campus and some off. Many schools are allowing students that are staying home for ‘covid concerns” to participate still in athletics. These students are not being counted under the home school so they don’t count in their student enrollment numbers for classifications. These are just a couple of examples but I am certain if I dig there are many more. The ENTIRE PURPOSE of the IA Rural class was to create a class that is for like schools and like communities. You would be hard pressed to find many of the schools in 1A that have a chain grocery store, any fast food places, more than I or 2 red lights and almost none will have a Walmart. We are now getting to the point where there are schools with every fast food restaurant there Is, Walmart supercenters. a major state highway running through them, and almost 6,000 people in the city itself compared to the majority of schools that have closer to 2,000 people in their respective communities. I will provide the exact population for all rural school communities at the board meeting. My biggest point is that if we remove the 600 number and just take the smallest X number of schools per classification for each rural sport we would take away all manipulation tools that could be used to take athletic advantage of a school working to get below that number. This will not alleviate all problems but it wili go a long way to fixing this issue which I believe could mean the end of the classification in the future. I also pose this thought IA has always been criticized as being the only class that has a set number. This would take away that perceived inequity and place them on a similar, yet not exact, playing field as the other classes. In closing, I believe we must make a harsh move to eliminate the manipulation that is not taking place to get schools into the rural class and it is only going to get worse with covid and the future of education that is moving more and more towards virtual and non traditional student education. I have been the biggest proponent on this board for some time to leave the IA class alone but it is time to make some changes to save the integrity of the classification. Bobby Johns

Why do teams want to drop down into 1A? Simply put, there is not a level playing field in 3A-4A either. You are advocating for small 1A schools, but not considering the position these schools are in that have 600-750 students. Big "1A schools" and small public 3A-4A schools in rural areas know that they cannot compete with private school powerhouses such as Trinity Christian, Trinity Catholic, Bolles, Florida High, Cardinal Gibbons, etc. Level the playing field in those classifications and we wont have as many schools manipulating numbers.  

1 hour ago, MinuteMan said:

Why do teams want to drop down into 1A? Simply put, there is not a level playing field in 3A-4A either. You are advocating for small 1A schools, but not considering the position these schools are in that have 600-750 students. Big "1A schools" and small public 3A-4A schools in rural areas know that they cannot compete with private school powerhouses such as Trinity Christian, Trinity Catholic, Bolles, Florida High, Cardinal Gibbons, etc. Level the playing field in those classifications and we wont have as many schools manipulating numbers.  

So the schools who are manipulating numbers see themselves on a level playing field as 1A teams? Why not petition to play in 2A if they feel they're not on level playing field in 3A. Or drop to 3A if not level in 4A. Better yet go independent or join a conference til you feel like you can compete again.

1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

So the schools who are manipulating numbers see themselves on a level playing field as 1A teams? Why not petition to play in 2A if they feel they're not on level playing field in 3A. Or drop to 3A if not level in 4A. Better yet go independent or join a conference til you feel like you can compete again.

Yes, they do. 

Ultimately, I don't believe they want to (nor can they) compete with the powerhouse private schools that dominate 2A & 3A. That's what is attracting them to manipulate numbers to 1A... There are no private schools. 

Just my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Perspective said:

By doing what?   Seriously, how do you level the playing field? 

I do not have all the answers. I am simply stating why schools are manipulating numbers. That is it. A rural public school with 650 students will rarely compete in 3A with the powerhouse private schools.  That is why they manipulate numbers to 1A. 

1 hour ago, MinuteMan said:

I do not have all the answers. I am simply stating why schools are manipulating numbers. That is it. A rural public school with 650 students will rarely compete in 3A with the powerhouse private schools.  That is why they manipulate numbers to 1A. 

I appreciate the response.   I guess what I'm trying to figure out is how the 3A "powerhouse private schools" get to be powerhouse schools and what's keeping some other school with similar student population numbers from becoming one of those schools in the future. 

On 2/19/2021 at 2:19 PM, Perspective said:

I appreciate the response.   I guess what I'm trying to figure out is how the 3A "powerhouse private schools" get to be powerhouse schools and what's keeping some other school with similar student population numbers from becoming one of those schools in the 

On 2/18/2021 at 11:12 PM, Tony2126 said:

Combine they will never beat the Miami teams.

Lol you funny,  seriously look at 2019 madison and 2019 booker t Washington.  I like madison by 7. And defense of game, speed is in north Florida too, size is also.

22 hours ago, Jesse said:

Lol you funny,  seriously look at 2019 madison and 2019 booker t Washington.  I like madison by 7. And defense of game, speed is in north Florida too, size is also.

Booker T Washington would blow Madison County out of the water any day of the week. Your analysis is extremely biased because you look at it as a diehard fan. I could admit it, Venice would probably lose to BTW, and I’m a Big fan of them because they’re my old school.

As I have stated a million times, the real answer to all the problems is a promotion/relegation system that starts with size, but allows recent success/failure to be a factor in moving schools up and down. 

On a logistics note: the FHSAA always basis it on the Fall numbers right? So we should be looking at the Fall 2020 numbers?

On 2/21/2021 at 9:03 PM, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Booker T Washington would blow Madison County out of the water any day of the week. Your analysis is extremely biased because you look at it as a diehard fan. I could admit it, Venice would probably lose to BTW, and I’m a Big fan of them because they’re my old school.

Booker t barely beat lakewood, Madison lost by 1, 2019 booker t would be close game. 2019 booker t !!!!. Do we really have to agrue. Madison quarter back was a all american. Yes booker receiver would get off.  Derrion staten is really good . Madison offense of line would do well. 

5 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Booker t barely beat lakewood, Madison lost by 1, 2019 booker t would be close game. 2019 booker t !!!!. Do we really have to agrue. Madison quarter back was a all american. Yes booker receiver would get off.  Derrion staten is really good . Madison offense of line would do well. 

Stop sleeping on madison county.  One of they future running backs got locked up. But he did beef up alot. The film i seen on him he was pretty good. But its too late because he can't play. 

12 hours ago, Jesse said:

Key words BTW WON and Madison LOST.