9 classifications in football

Tigerfan1

So how do you guys think it will play out and how do you think it should be applied? Should the FHSAA include a new public league for the schools that have an enrollment of 600 to say 1200 or will it be used to get all the small private schools into district play?

I dont understand it myself but i am not total'y against it if it's done in the correct way. I would like to see or hear some of the FHSAA thoughts on this, They need to get all the smaller indy private schools back in to a classification that does not have to compete with the TC or NFC of the world. Maybe this extra class can be used for that purpose.   

I dont understand it myself but i am not total'y against it if it's done in the correct way. I would like to see or hear some of the FHSAA thoughts on this, They need to get all the smaller indy private schools back in to a classification that does not have to compete with the TC or NFC of the world. Maybe this extra class can be used for that purpose.

Easy schools like TC and NFC put them in higher classes and disregard the number of kids they have going in their school... Let them compete with the big boys..

I truthfully don't think this would work. Zoe since you'd be moving TC and NFC up a class would you also move STA and Cardinal Gibbons up on too?

They don't have to move up cause thy play in a classification where they can lose to a public or have a chance to lose.. Unlike TC and NFC they running trains on teams they play from them rural areas...

They don't have to move up cause thy play in a classification where they can lose to a public or have a chance to lose.. Unlike TC and NFC they running trains on teams they play from them rural areas...

You are right there. That makes sense. I don't know the idea of 9 classifications and 9 state champions just to me doesn't sound right. I don't like the idea

You are right there. That makes sense. I don't know the idea of 9 classifications and 9 state champions just to me doesn't sound right. I don't like the idea

STA some of the old timers like me remember when there was only 2 classifications but the population has exploded and with as many schools as there is now i think we need it.

Whats the difference in having the independents have their on conference and having a state title game and FHSAA creating a classification for them. The only difference i see is it could be sanctioned by the FHSAA,

The north end of the state is still mostly rural except for three major city's  so 9 classes makes since to me. Besides it's good for football as a whole the more kids that play the more popular it becomes.         

first off lake city would be twice the size of gansville if we managed to keep UF here bf, also I think that ALL private schools should be placed in one classification by themselves bc not fair for a private school like say bolles facing a small public school like say madision, so take private schools out of classifaction with public schools

@columbiahighfan Do you know how many private schools have beaten up on public ones regardless of enrollment. Bolles, Bishop Kenny, Glades Day, Trinity Christian Academy, Belen Jesuit, Columbus, St. Thomas Aquinas both Heritages Delray and Plantation.

I think those schools are the reason why we have so many independents now and i know it's the reason we have a rural classification, You did leave a few out there are several more that could be on that list.  

• 2 weeks later...

09MrSlick u cant compare public to private, 2 different types of rules on how u can get talent and how its run but u can set aside 2 classifications for all the private schools, rest can be independent, then the other 6 can be public schools, since the 6 classes was used for a while and worked well when u truly think about it