IMG

Tigerfan1

I went down to IMG this Saturday to watch the 7on7 Nationals and for an old country boy like myself that was a great experience, I would never have expected such a nice place. It must have cost at least a few million to build. I got see some great players with loads of talent everywhere i just wish i could have stayed for day 2.  

I agree with Columbiahighfan about IMG but my thing is Columbia high hasn't been relevant for a while now. In my opinion it seems like Columbiahighfan wants to blame these powerhouses; IMG , Aquinas, Central and Booker T. Washington in terms of why others are lacking. Don't know if people have been noticing but for a while now North Florida has been lacking in talent compared to the rest of the state.

and I respect what south florida has done, but I don't consider a dynasty for a team that wins for a few years then becomes irellvant like what happens in big cities, we have consistently won year after year, which is something in those big cities rarly do bc they get a few good years then fall off, look at orange park or terry parker or Robert E Lee

if they are barred from being able to compete for a state titles how can they be a powerhouse since aint it all about the championship, mhm?

They can still play the top schools in the state like apopka dr Phillips or the south fla powers or even your team

bolles is a powerhouse bc they have 11 titles, STA is a powerhouse they have like 8 or 9 titles, Central is a powerhouse with 5, IMG has 0 titles, therefore despite how good they are u cant call them a powerhouse bc no state titles means u haven't done anything, that's why people don't respect Columbia, bc our last title was 49 years ago, so if we are not a powerhouse in north florida u cant call IMG a powerhouse

we don't have a lot of titles to show for it, but we don't have the talent pool that south florida has either, so what we have accomplished for what we get is pretty dang good, over 600 total victories means something but im done talking, we will let our play on the field do the talking since that's the only way to prove something

but seriously our team looked a lot more explosive in the spring then I saw all of last year, we might have a much better offense right now then before and our defense will be better by time we get into the season

I hate to but your chops Columbia but the reason your offence looked so good  in the spring is because of who you played, A middle to bottom tear 2A team, :o  :o  :o  

and I respect what south florida has done, but I don't consider a dynasty for a team that wins for a few years then becomes irellvant like what happens in big cities, we have consistently won year after year, which is something in those big cities rarly do bc they get a few good years then fall off, look at orange park or terry parker or Robert E Lee

Do you consider Live Oak Swuanne(spelled wrong) a dynasty because they won 4 in a row from 87-90 then were irrelevant until about 10 years later. 

Do you consider Live Oak Swuanne(spelled wrong) a dynasty because they won 4 in a row from 87-90 then were irrelevant until about 10 years later. 

STA anything Columbia vs anything Suwannee will start a fight between those 2 schools.....LOL  I do remember those teams and they where special at the time. Dynasty not so much 

STA anything Columbia vs anything Suwannee will start a fight between those 2 schools.....LOL  I do remember those teams and they where special at the time. Dynasty not so much 

You know I remember that now. Wrong person to ask lol. I personally think Central, BTW are both dynasties and here is why:

It is so tough to win consistantly in the city of Miami. We saw Southridge do it for many years in the 80s-90s. Along with Northwestern and Carol City in the mid to late 90s.

However, both BTW and Central have it seems better people in place to sustain their run longer than Northwestern and Carol City did. Southridge was over the course of 15 years so that will be hard to top. 

Also when you look at how BTW has built their 41 game winning streak on two coaches that is impressive and are about to try and continue it with a 3rd. Central I believe has changed coaches during the past three years once as well(I may be wrong and confusing them with another team please correct me if I am). 

at the time they were a dynasty but they aint a dynasty no more, we have 7 straight on Suwanee so we are cleary the better team these days, and what I was saying is that in that spring game we did the same thing that we did throughout 7 on 7, then the officals clinic, then purple gold, and finished up with spring game, we have had successful outings

at the time it was a great game and 2 of those championship years they had we beat them so u know that is something to keep in mind, we are a dynasty without the championships, but in terms of dominance, we have dominated north florida for longer then anyone else has, bc some teams come and go, we are still in the playoffs and still putting up huge winning numbers year in and year out

Yeah I have to agree coming out Dade County is hard. 6A for example, everyone in that district except Hialeah-Miami Lakes has been to states 3 times or more and each has 2 state titles or more. I know the talent down here in Miami isn't what it used to be, but on any giving day anyone can come out of know where. South Dade for instance a school in 8A, surprised us all going 14-1 with a state title. I wasn't expecting them to come out of 8A if anything people were expecting Miramar which we know what happened with them 3rd round exit to Palm Beach Gardens.

Yeah I have to agree coming out Dade County is hard. 6A for example, everyone in that district except Hialeah-Miami Lakes has been to states 3 times or more and each has 2 state titles or more. I know the talent down here in Miami isn't what it used to be, but on any giving day anyone can come out of know where. South Dade for instance a school in 8A, surprised us all going 14-1 with a state title. I wasn't expecting them to come out of 8A if anything people were expecting Miramar which we know what happened with them 3rd round exit to Palm Beach Gardens.

Not sure a ton of people were picking Columbus to come out of the south in 8A last year either. I know some were, but not many.