Rural - 1A

gatorman-uf

Hmmm.. Bradford complains despite their FHSAA submitted numbers being 740 students, they will now be a 1A school, meanwhile Chipley with 635 and Crescent City with 615 students (cap is 600) don't merit a reduction to 1A but instead will be in 3A.

Now, Bradford is saying they are under the 600 person cap... if so, I hope somebody does a follow-up to check make sure school district is only getting their FTE for the below 600 number rather than the 740. They are saying that on 12/1/2020 that they were at 538, sadly the FHSAA has removed all previous population reports from the website when they updated it (why they feel the need to get rid of information from a website is beyond me). A nearly 200 person drop in students seems.... odd. Nearly 27% of the students, no longer enrolled at the school? I don't know but that seems like a lot. I have a theory on how it happened, but all I am saying is that there is a reason why schools are supposed to use their FTE numbers and not adjusted numbers.

9 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

Hmmm.. Bradford complains despite their FHSAA submitted numbers being 740 students, they will now be a 1A school, meanwhile Chipley with 635 and Crescent City with 615 students (cap is 600) don't merit a reduction to 1A but instead will be in 3A.

Now, Bradford is saying they are under the 600 person cap... if so, I hope somebody does a follow-up to check make sure school district is only getting their FTE for the below 600 number rather than the 740. They are saying that on 12/1/2020 that they were at 538, sadly the FHSAA has removed all previous population reports from the website when they updated it (why they feel the need to get rid of information from a website is beyond me). A nearly 200 person drop in students seems.... odd. Nearly 27% of the students, no longer enrolled at the school? I don't know but that seems like a lot. I have a theory on how it happened, but all I am saying is that there is a reason why schools are supposed to use their FTE numbers and not adjusted numbers.

If it's ok for one then it's ok for any (numbers manipulation). Appears Chipley and Crescent City's leadership have scruples.

5 hours ago, Whiz Kid said:

Are we assuming Bradford manipulated numbers or do you have proof?

No proof, FL DoE doesn't release FTE per school to my knowledge. If they did, we would get a better idea. Like I said, I would love to see their 2019 Student Population Report for the FHSAA, but the FHSAA removed them from their website. Their 2020 submitted FHSAA number was 740. They said on 12/1/2020 they were down to 538, a 27% due to COVID. 

12/1/2020 is not FTE week though, so why they are using that as proof is beyond me. And again, it isn't the number of students on campus, it is the number of students that are enrolled, even if they are in a hybrid virtual program. I am willing to bet that Bradford miraculously recovers in 2021 in terms of population.

So I did some research, here are Bradford County students are 9-12. I don't think that Bradford County has any other school other than Bradford, so this should be accurate. The first four numbers are based off the Final Calculation FTE and the bottom two are based of the July 31st, 2020 FTE Forecast and the January 27, 2021 FTE Forecasts. So it looks like the numbers are possible to get below 600. 

2016-2017 Bradford 766.54
2017-2018 Bradford 735.21
2018-2019 Bradford 666.59
2019-2020 Bradford 662.49

FTE Forecast

July 31, 2020 -

Bradford 701.99

FTE Forecast

January 27 2021

Bradford 589.37