Don't sleep on Glades Central

muckboy561

I never said they wouldn't win state, I just said they wouldn't finish 15-0, STA and Central are very talented and BTW is not as strong as past years, and a new coach, will all come into play and end the streak, florida talent is just too good for a streak like that to continue

They just have unknown talent.... I think they lose to STA (I hope not) but it's gonna be a closer game then what people think...

@Muckboy.  So as far as Booker T. Washington matchup... I take it you feel the stars could be in alignment to beat them?  Booker T. appears to be a little down, young, and Glades Central is on the up-n-up and not getting the respect they deserve.  Hopefully, we get that matchup! 

Glades Central has a pretty hard back to back @American Heritage Delray and @ Atlantic ....that is followed by returning home and you get Palm Beach Central.  You hope to go 2-1 in that 3 game stretch. 3-0 would be impressive.

I'd like to address a couple of things.

Booker T- Need I say more they are BookerT. We welcome the challenge anytime.

Bolles-will always be a team up north that shouldnt be counted out. Truth is, we have been waiting to play them for a very long time. Now here is our chance.

Cocoa-Our three tries against them we fail to beat them. We want a rematch against. Its personal!

Clewiston- I was at the spring game. They wont be a pushover but niether will we.

Gulliver- I see a lot of talent on that team and Muckboy561 has a point. I still see them coming to us in the first round. Robert Burns earn our respect that a good thing and a bad for them.

University School-???

I'd like to address a couple of things.

Booker T- Need I say more they are BookerT. We welcome the challenge anytime.

Bolles-will always be a team up north that shouldnt be counted out. Truth is, we have been waiting to play them for a very long time. Now here is our chance.

Cocoa-Our three tries against them we fail to beat them. We want a rematch against. Its personal!

Clewiston- I was at the spring game. They wont be a pushover but niether will we.

Gulliver- I see a lot of talent on that team and Muckboy561 has a point. I still see them coming to us in the first round. Robert Burns earn our respect that a good thing and a bad for them.

University School-???

Yes Robert burns is nice!!!

@Zoe Boy They did say that last year that they wouldn't do as well as 2013. Not to mention, when I heard of the transfers coming in from Homestead I was a little skeptical. Don't get me wrong Booker T. Washington has a good program and rich talent from the Overtown community, but I was nearly thinking Homestead stinks. As anybody can see they went 15-0 if you're including the win over Bingham. I guess my whole point of this is no one knows what to expect from this year, but they do have unknowns and they might have head's turning.

Here is the Oxbridge Academy 2014 Schedule and Results:

@ Lakeland Christian  21-20 Loss    (Very good team, lost to Trinity Christian Academy in 3A State Semifinal 42-28)

Keys Gate    48-17 Win  (Bad team)

@ Archbishop McCarthy 38-20 Win (Average team at best last year)

Key West         43-12 Win   (Consistently a pretty good team)

Inlet Grove       68-0 Win   (Absolute horror show)

@ Coral Glades    70-7 Win  (Beat Inlet  Grove 6-0)

North Broward Prep 44-6 Win (Average team last year and will challenge Key West and Archbishop Mc for Goldcoast conference in 2015. This team actually got some transfers in from STA, Stoneman Douglas ,Cardinal Gibbons, Western, and Coral Springs Charter in 2015. D1 players on the roster) 

@ Pembroke Pines Charter 46-0 Win (Bad team)

Champagnat Catholic   70-49 Win ( Won 2A  States in 2013 .  Current Flanagan QB Kato Nelson was on this team, and clearly shredded up Oxbridge but defense obviously an issue)

North Broward Prep      57-15  Win (No chance vs the ThunderWolves)

Key West                     52-32 Win (Oxbridge wins the Independent Goldcoast Conference Championship!)

Stepping up to Carol City will surely be a challenge to Oxbridge but it is good to see a new upcoming 3A team play what appears to be a pretty good 6A team.  The 8/27, 9/3  game vs. Gulliver Prep, Carol City falls on a Thursday! That means, I might be able to catch one of those plus the regular scheduled Friday night lights!

If Oxbridge wins one of those 2 games , I think it is fair to say we can take them seriously.

The best game to catch for Oxbridge Academy though might be the 10/2 @ American Heritage Delray.  This game is already a rivalry and they have not even ever played each other.  Oxbridge Academy Athletics AND staff (Coaches and Teachers) was basically established 2 years ago with a American Heritage Delray Exodus!

@Zoe Boy They did say that last year that they wouldn't do as well as 2013. Not to mention, when I heard of the transfers coming in from Homestead I was a little skeptical. Don't get me wrong Booker T. Washington has a good program and rich talent from the Overtown community, but I was nearly thinking Homestead stinks. As anybody can see they went 15-0 if you're including the win over Bingham. I guess my whole point of this is no one knows what to expect from this year, but they do have unknowns and they might have head's turning.

Reason why homestead stink is of their sorry ass coaching staff... That 2013 year they should atleast been district runner ups! They had a squad..

My thoughts are if STA and Miami Central blowout BTW I can see the tornadoes being in trouble throughout the season now if they win both games then I can see them making some noise in the season.

What other teams gonna be in STA and MC level on BTW schedule or playoff path?

Gentlemen,Like I said before, we welcome Booker T's challenge.Whether they beat St Thomas and Miami-Central or not. Yea We said it last year and we got beat and we get back up again. We would be Glades Central if didnt.

Some of you say Booker T got unknown talent right? Obviously some you know nothing of what going on down in the Belle Glade. We always have talent unfortunately its for B.T.W its in good hands now.

I do agree that Tillman is a big question mark for Booker T. I hope he brings his A game this year not just for us in general. He will have coach a miracle every to stand a chance in the 4A.

I wont spare you all the details but just know this Win or lose we are patiently waiting Booker T or anybody else who comes our way to the class 4A Championship this year.

Short terms: as long as they are in the 4A with us Booker T. Will have to show up every year!