Questions with the New Classifications

LAZ

A review of the recently released 21-22 football classifications raises the following questions:

1) Mulberry is listed twice. Shows as 3A but also as an Independent

2) The following schools are not listed. Most would be Independents but Haines City? 

All Saints' 

American Collegiate (Clearwater)

Clearwater Academy International

Haines City

Hillel (North Miami Beach)

Inlet Grove (Riviera Beach)

Jordan Christian Prep (Auburndale)

Joshua Christian (Jacksonville)

Lighthouse Private Christian Academy (Pensacola)

Northwest Christian (Miami)

St. John Lutheran (Ocala)

St. Johns Country Day (Orange Park)

Surge Academy (Hollywood)

Tampa Bay Christian

TRU Prep (Miami Gardens)

West Oaks Academy (Orlando)

Young Kids In Motion (Jacksonville)

Zarephath Academy (Jacksonville)

5 hours ago, LAZ said:

A review of the recently released 21-22 football classifications raises the following questions:

2) The following schools are not listed. Most would be Independents but Haines City? 

All Saints' 

Haines City

Tampa Bay Christian

TRU Prep (Miami Gardens)

Haines City has fallen a long way, 2 wins in 3 seasons.  I can see them going independent.  Mulberry could be a clerical error but even if not, they have faired better than HC with half the population.  It's been rough ever since Ridge opened and I imagine it will get worse once a 3rd high school opens in 2021.

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

Josh rich ?, you rich?. 

HA! Us, rich? We wish. Josh, by his own admission on this board, very recently was able to start paying me. (Keep in mind this site is on its 11th year and I've been around, in some capacity, for about 10-and-a-half years.) He's mostly a one man show, but not by his own choice -- that's all he (again, by his own admissions on this forum I'm not outing anything he hasn't already stated) can afford. 

On 3/19/2021 at 3:06 PM, LAZ said:

All Saints' 

Haines City

Tampa Bay Christian

TRU Prep (Miami Gardens)

@LAZ, some of the schools you listed, such as Jordan Christian Prep and Young Kids In Motion, are members of the FIHSAA. It's to my understanding the FIHSAA is a separate organization from the FHSAA. However, I do know FIHSAA members schedule FHSAA members sometimes. For example, I know Jordan Christian Prep played Avon Park a couple years ago.

48 minutes ago, SportsNut25 said:

HA! Us, rich? We wish. Josh, by his own admission on this board, very recently was able to start paying me. (Keep in mind this site is on its 11th year and I've been around, in some capacity, for about 10-and-a-half years.) He's mostly a one man show, but not by his own choice -- that's all he (again, by his own admissions on this forum I'm not outing anything he hasn't already stated) can afford. 

Dang, but he is growing more followers and stuff. 

On 3/19/2021 at 3:06 PM, LAZ said:

All Saints' 

Haines City

Tampa Bay Christian

TRU Prep (Miami Gardens)

This should help you out as to what direction these teams are going in.

All Saints - SSAC 8-Man

American Collegiate - non-FHSAA 11-man

Clearwater Academy - non-FHSAA 11-man 

Haines City - FHSAA had left them off the list... will be independent 

Hillel - Not sure... will have to find out

Inlet Grove - Didn't even field a football team in 2021... may not be ever again. Will have to talk to Chris Kokell and see if he knows anything.

Jordan Christian Prep - non-FHSAA 11-man

Joshua Christian - non-FHSAA 11-man (they struggled in 2020... not sure if they could end up 8-man)

Lighthouse PCA - non-FHSAA 11-man

Northwest Christian - Not sure what is going on here

St. John Lutheran - SSAC 8-man

St. Johns Country Day - SSAC 8-man

Surge Academy - non-FHSAA 11-man

Tampa Bay Christian - Not sure what is going on here with them.... might be 8-man, might be 11-man.... no telling

TRU Prep - non-FHSAA 11-man

West Oaks - non-FHSAA 11-man

YKIM - non-FHSAA 11-man

Zarephath Academy - non-FHSAA 11-man

On 3/21/2021 at 9:01 PM, Jesse said:

Josh rich ?, you rich?. 

On 3/22/2021 at 12:06 AM, SportsNut25 said:

By no means am I rich here guys. I was just able to start paying for some independent contractor work, but that isn't much of a drop in the bucket compared to what IT SHOULD BE compared to what I CAN afford at this point. This is also why I have a second business I am a co-owner of because this doesn't pay all the bills. If it did I wouldn't need the second business most likely. Right now I am in need of a new vehicle. I can't even take the current vehicle I have to most places now because its old (20 years old, 190k in miles) and its just got little issues. I have to rent a car to go to some places and some places I am cutting back on making trips to right now. At this point I have to determine if ad revenue is going to be enough or if I have to start charging everyone to use the website for viewing content and possibly even the message boards just so I can keep things afloat. 

2 hours ago, Joshua Wilson said:

By no means am I rich here guys. I was just able to start paying for some independent contractor work, but that isn't much of a drop in the bucket compared to what IT SHOULD BE compared to what I CAN afford at this point. This is also why I have a second business I am a co-owner of because this doesn't pay all the bills. If it did I wouldn't need the second business most likely. Right now I am in need of a new vehicle. I can't even take the current vehicle I have to most places now because its old (20 years old, 190k in miles) and its just got little issues. I have to rent a car to go to some places and some places I am cutting back on making trips to right now. At this point I have to determine if ad revenue is going to be enough or if I have to start charging everyone to use the website for viewing content and possibly even the message boards just so I can keep things afloat. 

JOSH, if and when I have sufficient market riches, I will provide a big subsidy to the site! If and when being the operative factors!

10 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

JOSH, if and when I have sufficient market riches, I will provide a big subsidy to the site! If and when being the operative factors!

Yes, and we can all do our part to make sure that Josh Wilson is front and center covering the event when DarterBlue2's grandchild leads the West Orange Warriors to a state title victory! Or will it be the Wachovia Mustangs, or the Dr. Phillips Panthers? 

2 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

Yes, and we can all do our part to make sure that Josh Wilson is front and center covering the event when DarterBlue2's grandchild leads the West Orange Warriors to a state title victory! Or will it be the Wachovia Mustangs, or the Dr. Phillips Panthers? 

He'd better be a Blue Darter, or he gets left out of the will!

22 hours ago, Joshua Wilson said:

This should help you out as to what direction these teams are going in.

All Saints - SSAC 8-Man

American Collegiate - non-FHSAA 11-man

Clearwater Academy - non-FHSAA 11-man 

Haines City - FHSAA had left them off the list... will be independent 

Hillel - Not sure... will have to find out

Inlet Grove - Didn't even field a football team in 2021... may not be ever again. Will have to talk to Chris Kokell and see if he knows anything.

Jordan Christian Prep - non-FHSAA 11-man

Joshua Christian - non-FHSAA 11-man (they struggled in 2020... not sure if they could end up 8-man)

Lighthouse PCA - non-FHSAA 11-man

Northwest Christian - Not sure what is going on here

St. John Lutheran - SSAC 8-man

St. Johns Country Day - SSAC 8-man

Surge Academy - non-FHSAA 11-man

Tampa Bay Christian - Not sure what is going on here with them.... might be 8-man, might be 11-man.... no telling

TRU Prep - non-FHSAA 11-man

West Oaks - non-FHSAA 11-man

YKIM - non-FHSAA 11-man

Zarephath Academy - non-FHSAA 11-man

Thank You Joshua!

On 3/23/2021 at 12:31 PM, Joshua Wilson said:

Hey Josh are you doing another High School Football TV show on this upcoming season??

15 hours ago, muckboy561 said:

Hey Josh are you doing another High School Football TV show on this upcoming season??

I have no idea what is going to happen there. Can't even begin to tell you. All I know is I would love to see it return like the rest of you. A decision that can only be made by those that have the power to do so. I miss it as much as you all do.