2021 new football schools

nolebull813

1 hour ago, Coach said:

I know I am around Orlando and there are two new schools opening in August. Lake Buena Vista and Horizon are in the same District so they're fielding Varsity teams. There's also Davenport High opening in Polk County.

Thank you. The private schools take a little while longer because they just appear out of nowhere. Lol

3 minutes ago, Coach said:

No problem. I'm curious to see if the two new schools in Orlando can build up a program right now. I think it'll be a tough go for either team. Davenport could be a good spot.

The problem for LBV is they are in an area near Dr Phillips who gets all the talent in that area. And everything South of LBV is a barren wasteland for talent. So it’s gonna be hard. They will probably just turn into another Celebration High. 

Horizon has a better chance in Winter Garden for sure 

2 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

The problem for LBV is they are in an area near Dr Phillips who gets all the talent in that area. And everything South of LBV is a barren wasteland for talent. So it’s gonna be hard. They will probably just turn into another Celebration High. 

Horizon has a better chance in Winter Garden for sure 

It'll be tough for sure. LBV near Dr. Phillips and Horizon near West Orange (which is on its way back up). I think there was a lot of excitement for Windermere when it opened because it was near WO and they've struggled too. I think any team starting up near Central Florida will have a tough time because of all the established schools in the area. Any news about that Tocoi Creek? I know almost nothing about them...

On 3/25/2021 at 12:10 PM, Coach said:

It'll be tough for sure. LBV near Dr. Phillips and Horizon near West Orange (which is on its way back up). I think there was a lot of excitement for Windermere when it opened because it was near WO and they've struggled too. I think any team starting up near Central Florida will have a tough time because of all the established schools in the area. Any news about that Tocoi Creek? I know almost nothing about them...

Horizon is mainly drawing from Windermere.  Not exactly loaded with football talent but really good at other sports.

On 3/25/2021 at 12:10 PM, Coach said:

Tocoi Creek will be an interesting school. The school is located in between St Augustine and Bartram Trail. They are primarily drawing students that were zoned for Nease. I think they’ll have some talented kids and it’ll be a great school...but going to be hard to win there

19 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

TOCOI Creek is fielding a Varsity team this year....they just will not have seniors this season.  This brand new school in Northwest St Augustine already has a posted schedule and seem to be well in their way.  #GoToros  

Where’s their schedule? Can you post a link? 

Lake Buena Vista has released their schedule and it’s good for them. All these teams are not very good. It will be a smooth transition. 

2021 LBV FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

W Date Day Opponent(s) Site Times(s) Special Event
C August 20, 2021 Friday Gateway Away 7pm  
1 August 27, 2021 Friday Windermere Home 7pm Home Opener
2 September 3, 2021 Friday Cypress Creek Away 7pm  
3 September 10, 2021 Friday Freedom Away 7pm  
4 September 17, 2021 Friday *Tavares Home 7pm  
5 September 24, 2021 Friday BYE Home 7pm  
6 October 1, 2021 Friday *Eustis Away 7pm  
7 October 7, 2021 Thursday Colonial Away 7pm  
8 October 15, 2021 Friday *Horizon Home 7pm  
9 October 22, 2021 Friday *Mt. Dora Away 7pm  
10 October 28, 2021 Thursday Davenport Home 7:30pm  
11 November 5, 2021 Friday University Away 7pm

22 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Lake Buena Vista has released their schedule and it’s good for them. All these teams are not very good. It will be a smooth transition. 

2021 LBV FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

W Date Day Opponent(s) Site Times(s) Special Event
C August 20, 2021 Friday Gateway Away 7pm  
1 August 27, 2021 Friday Windermere Home 7pm Home Opener
2 September 3, 2021 Friday Cypress Creek Away 7pm  
3 September 10, 2021 Friday Freedom Away 7pm  
4 September 17, 2021 Friday *Tavares Home 7pm  
5 September 24, 2021 Friday BYE Home 7pm  
6 October 1, 2021 Friday *Eustis Away 7pm  
7 October 7, 2021 Thursday Colonial Away 7pm  
8 October 15, 2021 Friday *Horizon Home 7pm  
9 October 22, 2021 Friday *Mt. Dora Away 7pm  
10 October 28, 2021 Thursday Davenport Home 7:30pm  
11 November 5, 2021 Friday University Away 7pm

I believe that the two new schools have been placed in a 5A District with Eustis and two other Lake County schools to form what will probably be the weakest 5A district in the state.

9 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

I believe that the two new schools have been placed in a 5A District with Eustis and two other Lake County schools to form what will probably be the weakest 5A district in the state.

Besides Eustis (3-4 last season), Mt Dora (1-7, beat Eustis for their only win) and Tavares (3-5) join the two new teams. It should be a good opportunity for the new schools to be competitive in their first year.

On 4/2/2021 at 2:48 PM, HornetFan said:

The fact that one of those teams is guaranteed to make the playoffs is tangible evidence that there are way too many classifications in football. 

it is a combination of greed from the FHSAA, and weakness from certain coaches and athletic directors that refuse to cut classes. Florida should not have 8. Really it should be 5 but I could live with 6. 

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

The fact that one of those teams is guaranteed to make the playoffs is tangible evidence that there are way too many classifications in football. 

it is a combination of greed from the FHSAA, and weakness from certain coaches and athletic directors that refuse to cut classes. Florida should not have 8. Really it should be 5 but I could live with 6. 

Even if the number of classifications stay the same, maybe make every classification region-based like 1A-4A. Require at least 8 games be teams in your region, with two games scheduled freely. Then, you really have to be the best of the best to have a shot.

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Madco could have 50 to 70 players on varsity.  

50 players is barely manageable if you want to give them enough playing time to develop their skills in competition, especially with many of the best players going both ways on offense and defense. With 70 players, the "running clock rule" means too many kids would be on the sidelines rather than gaining actual playing experience on the field. Game time experience is different from practice time experience. 

Man I’m staying at the Parc Soleil right next to LBV didn’t even realize it at first with all the other construction going on looks like it will be a beautiful campus it’s also huge!

Do they anticipate it becoming an 8A school per attendance in the coming years and built it accordingly?