Top 25 Rankings

Joshua Wilson

i don't know what the heck is going on, but after seeing a different set of Top 25 rankings from a source I won't name, I am in shock.

So folks, give me your Top 25. 

We will be doing our rankings in-house this year because I feel like they can be done better than what is out there. Please feel free to reach out to me as well.

NOTE: I will have more topics of discussion coming as well....

If it's true and Culpepper is in the pits for the season then I feel Plant will drop 4 or 5 spots but not out all together. 

Not sure what they have in the north west panhandle, I have little info on any of those teams. Crestview, Ft. Walton Beach< Pensacola Cath, Niceville, etc...Anything from that area?

My indepth knowledge is mostly in 4A. If order of ranking I would have BTW, Cocoa, Bolles, Clewiston and Raines in that order. BTW at the top until they are beaten by another 4A team. DJ made a bold move ranking Cocoa over BTW. 

1. Miami Central - No weakness I am aware of.  Should change their name to The Mean Green.

2. St. Thomas Aquinas- Junior QB Allen still a question mark to me, but the O-Line is beefed up and will take care of him. Could go undefeated.

3.*IMG- Not Florida HS Post Season eligible and they just got better as you were reading this.

3.. Flanagan- Good luck scoring on this team. Defense very physical.  Special teams improved. New QB looking to gel with new O-talent could help Dirty Birds soar to Central Florida.

4. Daytona Beach Mainland- Another shut down nasty defensive team.  Other then that, the only team that seems to stop them is Miami Central.  

5. Booker T. Washington- I know this team is relatively down, but hard to ignore that streak.  Lots of young, talented players looking to prove themselves among the best.

6. Dr. Phillips- Return enough talent to get by Apopka this year which says a lot.

7. Miami Columbus- Well coached, well oiled, efficient machine as good as anyone in 8A. 

8. Cocoa- Don't let the small team roster fool you.  Could this be the year they finally catch BTW?

9. Hallandale- Very good team last year and inherited some Miramar talent.  Might have 20 D1 2016/2017 players on the team.  If coaching is solid, might see Orlando.

10. West Orange- Will take advantage of Apopka being down and make a run at 8A States.

11. Lakeland- Always wondered how a team in Central Florida got the name Dreadnaughts which are also known as a battleship...Will likely go undefeated and look to challenge STA in Orlando.

12. Wakulla- Play in the best 3 team District in the USA.  Return almost the whole 2014 team.  This 2015 the War Eagles may visit Mickey Mouse.

13. Manatee- Perhaps the FL west coast version of BTW? Down but not out.... I don't see a FL team beating them until late in the 8A Playoffs.

14. American Heritage Plantation- I really wanted to put this team in the 20-25 range but know I will hear it for putting them at 14... QB will be a ?, O-line is down, Top WR gone. Very well coached and have a elite Kicker.

15. Miramar- Disastrous season last year but time heals...This team will reload and will look to retake the 8A-12 from Flanagan.  You hope they stay injury free with back to back @IMG and 6 days later @ STA!

16. Venice- Should squash every Florida team in their way but a soft schedule could leave them unprepared to go deep in 7A Postseason.

17. Osceola- Good enough to play with Lakeland but not good enough to score on STA....

18. Coconut Creek- Sorry, I drank the Kool Aid...Not because the 7 on 7s. Because of a BCS secondary, a D1 QB, and BCS Wide Out!  Still have room on their schedule if anyone want's to play them...Any takers?

19. Deerfield Beach- Got a few players from last year's talented Monarch team.  After they beat Bolles on 9/25 they will gain some respect...

20. Apopka- Well coached but lost some talent...Will struggle to defend the 8A Title.

21. Delray Beach Atlantic- I originally had Trinity Christian here but after seeing a roster with 8th graders on it I figured I would replace with a very talented 8A team that might win a couple post season games.

22. Dwyer- The party goes on till late November with veteran coach Jack Daniels!

23. Lake Mary- One of the most consistent winning teams of late in the State. Defense could be a question.

24. Oxbridge Academy- No, this is not a pre-school or choir.... After they win @ American Heritage Delray the state will know the ThunderWolves 

25. Columbia- Slim chance of  upsetting Apopka early on....  This team could flirt with post-season play.

Other teams worth mentioning that almost cracked my top 25:  Armwood, American Heritage Delray, Jacksonville Bolles, Trinity Christian, Oakleaf, Heritage Palm Bay, Glades Central, Carol City, Clewiston, Tampa Plant, Gainesville, Godby, Vero Beach, South Dade

If it's true and Culpepper is in the pits for the season then I feel Plant will drop 4 or 5 spots but not out all together. 

Not sure what they have in the north west panhandle, I have little info on any of those teams. Crestview, Ft. Walton Beach< Pensacola Cath, Niceville, etc...Anything from that area?

My indepth knowledge is mostly in 4A. If order of ranking I would have BTW, Cocoa, Bolles, Clewiston and Raines in that order. BTW at the top until they are beaten by another 4A team. DJ made a bold move ranking Cocoa over BTW. 

Actually myself even has Cocoa above Booker T. Washington. There are things there are that are telling me that Booker T. Washington is not that team we have been use to the last four years. No way. Cocoa has a question mark or two, but will be the year that all good things must come to an end so to speak.

Broward Handicapper- I appreciate the respect becuase lots of people wont even put us up, but after this season they wont have a choice but to put us up. As for Dwyer they lost some players and Oxbridge is to early to be put up. I still think they can beat Heritage and so can we.

I like Cocoa and Bolles over BTW. BTW  still has some players,but not like before. They have lost some players also. Something is shakey over there.

I like Cocoa and Bolles over BTW. BTW still has some players,but not like before. They have lost some players also. Something is shakey over there.

They had lost and gain a lot.... Only thing I'm worried about is the new/old coach...

I have to say that Clewiston was on a mission last year and if they can keep some of that rampage attitude this year then they will be a team to reckon with. Shoot, Glades Central sound like they are on the warpath. Maybe 4A is gonna be a real show stopper this year. Ain't nuthin for sure when it comes to HS football.

I have to say that Clewiston was on a mission last year and if they can keep some of that rampage attitude this year then they will be a team to reckon with. Shoot, Glades Central sound like they are on the warpath. Maybe 4A is gonna be a real show stopper this year. Ain't nuthin for sure when it comes to HS football.

Finnally at least someone has understood,but as much as love typing about my Raiders they got to prove themselves to you all to claim what be longs to them,4A State Championship . B.T.W wont give that championship up easily, if given the opportunity,Cocoa, Bolles, or Walton wont hesitate to take it, and lurk in the shadow is a Clewiston, Raines,and Gulliver prep ready pounce on. Win or lose thats how we like it!

We'll be waiting for you all.

Next opponent: Lake Worth Trojans