Classification Rankings

Joshua Wilson

must be thin overall in 1A for fort white to be ranked that high, they basically a average at best team

There is 10 pretty good teams in 1A for our level of play, There are also 5 or 6 teams that i would consider way ahead of anyone else in 1A. I think you just hate Ft White and refuse to give them credit where credit is due it's kinda childish if you ask me. 

credit for what, they cant even beat the best teams in this area, madision, Suwanee, Columbia, basically every time they play the powerhouse teams in this region they get beat down, they haven't proved themselves to be a elite team in this area, and going from 4A to 1A shows part of the point, they knew they would never win a state title in the 4A so they trying to go to 1A to do that

I agree they are not elite but they are still less than 1/2 the size of the other schools you just mentioned and believe me when i say that i don't care for Ft White either and they should not be in 1A (Population count was over 600 students) but you cant deny that they are a successful program with a winning record.  I will be willing to bet that Ft White will play for a championship before Columbia. :)  

Sounds good to me i have really not kept up with the teams from the south end the last 4 years because they where not in 1A. I really don't know that much about them other than they have very successful programs, Believe me when i say that NO ONE in districts 5,6,7 is taking any of those teams lightly especially Pahokee!!!!.

Just a question maybe you could answer for me a few of where talking about the possibility of having to travel to Pahokee for playoff game can you give me any incite on what to expect as far as lodging and restaurants in or near Pahokee. Also our fans travel well and most are a very vocal bunch how do you think we will be received.

If you got An RV, you guys can book you a spot to fish and enjoy our enormous and well know Lake Okeechobee. As for restaurant your not gonna fine classy restaurant no, in the muck, We BBQ here. If you want more welcoming area stay out East in West Palm Beach lot more to do there. Its about 45 min drive from pahokee.

Sounds good to me i have really not kept up with the teams from the south end the last 4 years because they where not in 1A. I really don't know that much about them other than they have very successful programs, Believe me when i say that NO ONE in districts 5,6,7 is taking any of those teams lightly especially Pahokee!!!!.

Just a question maybe you could answer for me a few of where talking about the possibility of having to travel to Pahokee for playoff game can you give me any incite on what to expect as far as lodging and restaurants in or near Pahokee. Also our fans travel well and most are a very vocal bunch how do you think we will be received.

If you got An RV, you guys can book you a spot to fish and enjoy our enormous and well know Lake Okeechobee. As for restaurant your not gonna fine classy restaurant no, in the muck, We BBQ here. If you want more welcoming area stay out East in West Palm Beach lot more to do there. Its about 45 min drive from pahokee.

Columbia fan, first off let me preface this by saying I'm not in any way defending Ft white. Don't care for them at all, but for you to compare Columbia to a school you are 3+ the size of? What's that say about yourself? But since you like comparing yourself to 1A teams lets look how you did the last time you played one in a real game ( not a classic or spring) . In 2010 you guys played Madison Co, I realize they weren't 1A at the time but the closest thing to it. The score was 19-0 Madison, and the year before Madison beat mighty Columbia 56-14!! So maybe Columbia needs to stick to being a decent 6A-7A team that hardly ever plays for a region title (once in the last 12 years). Stick to beating up the awful teams in Jacksonville and then when the real competition comes bowing out in the playoffs.

Well i dont have an RV to poor for that and Bar BQ sounds great to me, I am more of small town blue collar guy so i am not used to fancy but i have family in Ft Meyers maybe we will head over that way after the game.

yeah we lost to them, but I will point out something else, not our fault we got stuck playing teams like terry parker or Englewood, we only had 4 nonconference games open, we scheduled 3 playoff teams, we had 6 nonconference games open this year, we scheduled 5 playoff teams, so we aren't afraid of a challenge, and I don't see fort white trying to put Apopka on their schedule, or trying to put bolles on their schedule or trying to play Escambia, and the point I was trying to make is fort white should not be considered elite until they can beat a elite team in this area

I copied this from another poster from another board just to put things into perspective for you.

Madison Co: Playoffs 19 out of the last 20 years 7 state title games 2 championships

Ft Meade: Playoffs 17-20 years, 7 state title games, 1 championship

Pahokee: Playoffs 15-20 years, 7 state title games, 5 championships

Frostproof: Playoffs 12-20 years, 2 State title games, 1 championship

FT. white: Playoffs 8 of the 14 years of existence of the school, 0 title games

and ive never said anything bad about madision, great team, always competitive and year in and year out are competing for championships. and I got a quote for you

"To be the man, you got to beat the man" 

im sure you know who said that, point being, fort white will earn my respect when they prove they can beat the elite teams that have run this area from before they were even born

and so you know, I give madision a ton of credit, I give Suwanee a ton of credit, because they have proven they can compete with us, heck I give Trenton a ton of credit, because they have taken their oppurtunites and became a champion, I respect that, but if I seem to remember correctly fort white hasent done anything when they get to the playoffs, now granted we have struggled as well, but we have made a run before, they cant say that

and so you know, I give madision a ton of credit, I give Suwanee a ton of credit, because they have proven they can compete with us, heck I give Trenton a ton of credit, because they have taken their oppurtunites and became a champion, I respect that, but if I seem to remember correctly fort white hasent done anything when they get to the playoffs, now granted we have struggled as well, but we have made a run before, they cant say that

I agree with that 

The last 5 years they have made the playoffs (Not Bad) but only have 1 playoff win but at the same time Columbia has only had 4 playoff wins but a lot better over all record (45 & 15) than Ft White at (34 & 21)

At the same time Trenton has went 53 & 8 with 9 play off wins 1 State Championship and 1 Runner up, and 2 undefeated regular seasons back to back  

there is no denying we have struggled lately to make deep playoff runs, most part we get into a game and go cold, but we have the abilty that if we flip the switch, we will be playing in Orlando, bc talent is there, coaching is there, community support is there, and we put in long hours to try to be the best, and we have something those Jacksonville teams cant say, we have a genuine effect on our community, we are out there, we have the whole town for us and backing us, despite the stuggles they are there and we know they will show up on Friday nights, we don't have to be 10 wins every year to keep people coming to our games, we have the love of our community because we are active in our community and we make a effort to be a respectable symbol of both Columbia county and lake city, and we are a program that is well respected, we don't go out there and make headlines for bad reasons, our team has model citizens with good morals and great work ethic, only a matter of time before we finally bring back the championship to a town who has waited for it for so long

@Columbiahighfan The school's down here in Miami more so the black ones have to be winning in order for a big crowd. I think it was a preseason game, but when Northwestern played Long Beach Poly Northwestern people didn't come. In order for a big crowd certain match ups have to play out. Central vs Northwestern and Booker T. Washington, Northwestern vs Jackson, Carol City and Booker T. Washington and down south Homestead vs South Dade and Columbus vs Belen Jesuit. I guess down here it's so much things to do compared to Lake City.

here is a quick look at 7A. Open to changes. 

1. STA - The call went out and the transfers came. Harriott will get it done as HC.

2. Oakleaf - Brings back everything that was good from last season. Balanced team. Watch out for this sleeper team.

3. Lakeland - Loaded on defense, Offense will need to play well. Castle can coach up a wet noodle, watch out when he has talent.. 

4. Tate - High powered offense. Balanced attack. Lost some defense but still has talent. Will score a lot.

5. Viera - New team that believes, only lost 3 Sr, to grad. Will be better focused. Weak schedule killed them last year. Allen Texas is licking their chops.

6. Braden River 1 loss season to state champ STA. Returns a lot on both sides of the line. Tough division.

7. Winter Springs - Bringing back talent on both sides. Also a tough division.

8. Lincoln - Returns their leading offensive players. Lost some on defense but has lots of depth. Should be no surprise to see them in Orlando again.

9. Plant - With Culpepper out they will struggle on offense. However they return a stellar defense. The Offense will only have to score a few.

10. Columbia - Experience and leadership will help get the team into the playoffs. They will see plenty of challenges on their way to the big show.

Removed due to class changes.
2. Osceola - Offense will challenge even STA this year. Sack leaders return, but defense will be the question. Now 8A
10. Crestview - Depth, brings back a lot on both sides of the line. Will challenge Lincoln in the North. Once a power, maybe one more time. Down to 6A