2021 Transfer Thread

DisabledAccount

4 hours ago, HornetFan said:

What happened at Hardee that would cause 9 players to transfer out of their school? That's a significant number, especially if they're productive players.

2 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

They have been a consistently good football team over the past few years; something major had to have happened to lose that many kids.

I've heard a lot of hear say as to why so many left.  And yes, some of them were impact players. Regardless, there remains a good nucleus intact and a winning season, making the playoffs and even a district championship are realistic goals for the year. A lot of work needs to be done.

Another transfer to Lee this one also went unreported by anyone in the Jacksonville media 

He was the QB for creekside last year and transferred to TCA this spring and now is at Lee 

Guess Lee needed to hide their recruiting which is funny because their fans told me last year they had a great QB so why they need to recruit a better one? :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Another transfer to Lee this one also went unreported by anyone in the Jacksonville media 

He was the QB for creekside last year and transferred to TCA this spring and now is at Lee 

Guess Lee needed to hide their recruiting which is funny because their fans told me last year they had a great QB so why they need to recruit a better one? :rolleyes:

Why would he go to Lee? Zarah is a really good QB

19 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Lol this if funny

idk why he went to lee just to lose to TCA when they play and not win a state championship!!!

it’s like he runs from competition 

he left TCA  because he didn’t want to beat out our QB from last year 

I’m assuming he left again because now TCA has a 6’2 200 pound Qb that’s a freshman with like 5 d-1 offers that he would have to complete against for the starting spot 

2 hours ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

Lol this if funny

idk why he went to lee just to lose to TCA when they play and not win a state championship!!!

I’m assuming he left again because now TCA has a 6’2 200 pound Qb that’s a freshman with like 5 d-1 offers that he would have to complete against for the starting spot 

He has tough competition at Lee for the starting spot as well. It just doesn’t make sense

15 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Looks like DP may have gotten the QB it has been in need of.  Kid named Curtis Argroves from Lyman HS.  They will probably get more transfers before the season starts.

Can't say I blame him for leaving a Lyman team that only won one game last season, while getting blown out by several teams on their schedule. His Hudl video for last season looks good for him as an individual; he ran with the ball quite a bit and showed good ability as a runner: still a bit on the short side; listed at 5'11" but looked shorter. He'll face much tougher competition at Dr Phillips, first for the starting QB position, and then against stronger and bigger opponents. Overall, he looks good and should compete for starting position.

24 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

Can't say I blame him for leaving a Lyman team that only won one game last season, while getting blown out by several teams on their schedule. His Hudl video for last season looks good for him as an individual; he ran with the ball quite a bit and showed good ability as a runner: still a bit on the short side; listed at 5'11" but looked shorter. He'll face much tougher competition at Dr Phillips, first for the starting QB position, and then against stronger and bigger opponents. Overall, he looks good and should compete for starting position.

It all seems perfectly legit and I don't fault him either as a team like DP will have more scouts eyeballing them as opposed to Lyman HS.  Assessments based on just measurables such as height I deem ridiculous, especially on the high school level.  Right here in central Florida you watched Mackenzie Milton perform and his height (5'11") is a non factor.  Unfortunately, many recruiters are blinded by something like that and don't focus on what matters; can he make plays.  I think this kid can and will have the weapons to help him.  DP is happy to have him.

30 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

He's a solid QB. Should probably have transferred at least a year earlier. Would have had less competition, in my opinion, for the Edgewater starting position. 

I wish him well. 

47 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

He's a solid QB. Should probably have transferred at least a year earlier. Would have had less competition, in my opinion, for the Edgewater starting position. 

I wish him well. 

QB that transferred to Edgewater from Toho (Tyler Wesley) is pretty athletic, can run and throw.  He was held out in the spring game due to an injury, but looks active in their summer workouts and camps.  Wonder if he will overtake the Carter kid?

On 6/30/2021 at 11:21 PM, Jags904 said:

Why would he go to Lee? Zarah is a really good QB

Compared to the overall subpar QB play in Jacksonville sure 

But I've seen him play enough to know he's not a great QB, he's a decent QB who looks better because of the team he's on, if he was at Englewood he would not be a blip on the radar 

On 7/1/2021 at 7:33 AM, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

Lol this if funny

Then why the hell did he leave Creekside? He was a clear cut starter on a solid team there