2021 Transfer Thread

DisabledAccount

1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

This one is definitely major as far as transfers between rival schools go but it definitely assures Cocoa of having the top DB group in Brevard and one of the top in the Central Florida 

I saw a lot of rockledge people getting salty on Twitter about it 

Any idea what shape the Brevard teams will be heading into the season?

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I saw a lot of rockledge people getting salty on Twitter about it 

Any idea what shape the Brevard teams will be heading into the season?

Yea theres someone new on twitter reporting brevard football and he's rubbing alot of ppl the wrong way. But Cocoa and Rockledge are clear cut favorites, then I would give the nod to Viera and Eau Gallie. Some ppl talking up Palm Bay since Dan Burke is back as a coach there. But they gotta prove themselves. The 5A district in Brevard will be interesting with Bayside, Titusville and Satellite are in that district now with Eau Gallie moving up to 6A

Based on his Twitter page, Osceola's backup QB, Blake Birchler, is now at Freedom High. He's actually a pretty impressive QB, both from an eye test, and from watching his highlights. I understand the move as he only got limited playing time last year and he is going into his senior season. 

Although in Orange County, being that it is in South Orlando, Freedom was a convenient choice as he probably did not have to move in order to attend Freedom. Personally, I think he could have started at a more impressive program. But at this stage, it is probably about just getting more exposure. 

4 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Based on his Twitter page, Osceola's backup QB, Blake Birchler, is now at Freedom High. He's actually a pretty impressive QB, both from an eye test, and from watching his highlights. I understand the move as he only got limited playing time last year and he is going into his senior season. 

Although in Orange County, being that it is in South Orlando, Freedom was a convenient choice as he probably did not have to move in order to attend Freedom. Personally, I think he could have started at a more impressive program. But at this stage, it is probably about just getting more exposure. 

He actually split time with Mascoe early on last year before they decided on a clear starter.  They also had a freshman/incoming sophomore that was 3rd string and he looks to take over once they were gone.  So this year they were probably going to give him more reps in mop up duty.  Blake's dad Scott is our varsity baseball coach and that is his main sport.  He will be at Freedom for a semester before returning home to play baseball for OHS.  Freedom also got another good player from us named Roshaun Dudley RB.  He could be considered a starter here but with limit touches with the ball.  He went to West Oaks Academy last year and in the state championship game they won he rushed for over 100 yards.  He was self center and wanted the ball 20-25 per game and with our new offense that wasn't in the cards.

5 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Yea theres someone new on twitter reporting brevard football and he's rubbing alot of ppl the wrong way. But Cocoa and Rockledge are clear cut favorites, then I would give the nod to Viera and Eau Gallie. Some ppl talking up Palm Bay since Dan Burke is back as a coach there. But they gotta prove themselves. The 5A district in Brevard will be interesting with Bayside, Titusville and Satellite are in that district now with Eau Gallie moving up to 6A

Dan Burke lead some great teams there at Palm Bay. That 4yr stretch with them battling Tallahassee Lincoln for Florida football supremacy ('99-'02) was classic. When either team didn't win the title it was because they were knocked out in the semi-final by the other. The championships went Lincoln, Palm Bay, Lincoln, Palm Bay.

2 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

He actually split time with Mascoe early on last year before they decided on a clear starter.  They also had a freshman/incoming sophomore that was 3rd string and he looks to take over once they were gone.  So this year they were probably going to give him more reps in mop up duty.  Blake's dad Scott is our varsity baseball coach and that is his main sport.  He will be at Freedom for a semester before returning home to play baseball for OHS.  Freedom also got another good player from us named Roshaun Dudley RB.  He could be considered a starter here but with limit touches with the ball.  He went to West Oaks Academy last year and in the state championship game they won he rushed for over 100 yards.  He was self center and wanted the ball 20-25 per game and with our new offense that wasn't in the cards.

I’m not going to hate on the kid for doing so but the fact that that is allowed is ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Dan Burke lead some great teams there at Palm Bay. That 4yr stretch with them battling Tallahassee Lincoln for Florida football supremacy ('99-'02) was classic. When either team didn't win the title it was because they were knocked out in the semi-final by the other. The championships went Lincoln, Palm Bay, Lincoln, Palm Bay.

I remember those years. Those were some great Palm Bay teams with some Brevard Legends. Also when Brevard was competitive. With Rockledge winning back to back and Astronaut making it to state as well.

8 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

He played on a Central Florida based 7v7 all star team that was runner up in the national championship. There were some big time skill players on the team along with some big time Brevard players from Rockledge and Cocoa 

Undoubtedly a very good player, that's why he got a fair shot last year and he was right there.  I think he knows we have a couple of other kids to mature into the position if an injury occurs.  My guess is he would have stayed if that wasn't the case.  Both those kids at Freedom will certainly enhance their chances at winning games.

3 hours ago, Jags904 said:

I’m not going to hate on the kid for doing so but the fact that that is allowed is ridiculous. 

I agree 100%, but as others have pointed out in earlier post our legislature has legalized it.  Our man from Columbia deserves cudos for spotlighting this problem involving both public and private schools.  I think it is an easy way out for kids when things get tough or uncomfortable.  Pro sports builds super teams, recruiting in college is a sleezy endeavor, the transfer portal now and high school is going down the same path.  I hate it.  I would prefer we took our lumps every few years when personnel is down to have an even shot those years when we have talent.  I will still bleed Blue & Gold.

10 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

I remember those years. Those were some great Palm Bay teams with some Brevard Legends. Also when Brevard was competitive. With Rockledge winning back to back and Astronaut making it to state as well.

Coach Wood at Rockledge had some great defenses in the early 2000's. My Bucs played them a couple times and both teams matched up athlete for athlete. They were always good well played games. I'm dating myself here but back in the 1970's the Brevard bully was Merritt Island. QB Jimmy Black, running backs Waldo Williams and Leon Bright are burned in my memory. Brevard family members held both in high (athletic) esteem.  

15 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Coach Wood at Rockledge had some great defenses in the early 2000's. My Bucs played them a couple times and both teams matched up athlete for athlete. They were always good well played games. I'm dating myself here but back in the 1970's the Brevard bully was Merritt Island. QB Jimmy Black, running backs Waldo Williams and Leon Bright are burned in my memory. Brevard family members held both in high (athletic) esteem.  

Yep I remember playing in the spring games and KOC against mainland.

The bullies went from being Merritt Island, Melbourne and Titusville.  To Rockledge and Palm Bay. To Cocoa as the lone wolf. To Cocoa, Viera and Rockledge. 

Now I would say its Cocoa and Rockledge, with Viera and Eau Gallie making noise as well. Looking to see what Palm Bay, Merritt Island and Bayside have to do. 

It use to always be a power in the north, central and south portion of the county.

All to often, we focus on the teams that are getting the transfers.  Typically, those teams pick up a guy from here and a guy from there.  In looking back over this thread, however, it appears that one team has basically lost it's starting defense to transfers.  Assuming the twitter announcements are correct (especially The Crib South Florida that we see compliments of Columbia Fan), and I have no reason to suspect otherwise, Hallandale has lost the following players (and I don't know which service is passing out the stars down there):

6/12 - a 4-star DB and a D-1 commit DB (both to Miami Central)

6/16 - two LB's (both to Central)

6/16 - another 4-star DB (to Central)

6/22 - an OL/DL (to South Broward)

6/29 - a 4-star safety (to Central)

7/11 - three DB's and a DL (to Killian).

What the hell is going on?  Did a Hallandale coach recently switch over to Central?  Do they grow DB's on trees in Hallandale?   By my count, Hallandale has lost 11 defensive players, including 7 DB's in the past 30 days.  SEVEN!!!  a three of them apparently were considered 4-star players according to somebody. 

Seriously, what's going on down there?   Is this just a classic case of the mice jumping ship once one or two leave? 

53 minutes ago, Perspective said:

All to often, we focus on the teams that are getting the transfers.  Typically, those teams pick up a guy from here and a guy from there.  In looking back over this thread, however, it appears that one team has basically lost it's starting defense to transfers.  Assuming the twitter announcements are correct (especially The Crib South Florida that we see compliments of Columbia Fan), and I have no reason to suspect otherwise, Hallandale has lost the following players (and I don't know which service is passing out the stars down there):

6/12 - a 4-star DB and a D-1 commit DB (both to Miami Central)

6/16 - two LB's (both to Central)

6/16 - another 4-star DB (to Central)

6/22 - an OL/DL (to South Broward)

6/29 - a 4-star safety (to Central)

7/11 - three DB's and a DL (to Killian).

What the hell is going on?  Did a Hallandale coach recently switch over to Central?  Do they grow DB's on trees in Hallandale?   By my count, Hallandale has lost 11 defensive players, including 7 DB's in the past 30 days.  SEVEN!!!  a three of them apparently were considered 4-star players according to somebody. 

Seriously, what's going on down there?   Is this just a classic case of the mice jumping ship once one or two leave? 

My perspective, more than meets the eye.

3 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

The rich get richer lol.

That's why I keep telling you that you shouldn't worry about STA, AHP or Cardinal Gibbons transfers

Miami Central is leading all three in transfers by a wide margin, hell at this rate they may actually have more than all 3 combined this off-season

11 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

That's why I keep telling you that you shouldn't worry about STA, AHP or Cardinal Gibbons transfers

Miami Central is leading all three in transfers by a wide margin, hell at this rate they may actually have more than all 3 combined this off-season

it’s Not just me trying to single out the privates for all the transferring and recruiting they do. 

I don’t care for it in general, it sets a overall bad prescient for the game. It glorifies super and all star teams, instead of hard work & commitment to your homeschool. I’m gonna keep saying this back in the day is was beat THE BEST not create a super team and JOIN THE BEST. 

back in the 80s & 90s Dillard didn’t wanna be STA we wanted to beat they Ass & back then DILLARD was giving it to STA in a few games actually. 

13 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

it’s Not just me trying to single out the privates for all the transferring and recruiting they do. 

I don’t care for it in general, it sets a overall bad prescient for the game. It glorifies super and all star teams, instead of hard work & commitment to your homeschool. I’m gonna keep saying this back in the day is was beat THE BEST not create a super team and JOIN THE BEST. 

back in the 80s & 90s Dillard didn’t wanna be STA we wanted to beat they Ass & back then DILLARD was giving it to STA in a few games actually. 

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of what I've seen with super teams but what I keep saying is that now it's publics and privates that out there doing it 

The publics aren't innocent by any stretch

30 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yeah but remember St. Thomas American Heritage and Cardinal Gibbons aren't home schools so they're going to have all this talent from other schools. Central is public and is getting tons of transfers and have previously but the not the whole team. I'm curious to see how they all gell together because If I've been here heading into my senior year and here come a few guys I might feel some type of way. Then again the object is to win so I guess you put all that pride aside 

14 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of what I've seen with super teams but what I keep saying is that now it's publics and privates that out there doing it 

The publics aren't innocent by any stretch

I agree, but I’m my opinion it should be BANNED publicly and privately, and it should be a STRICT law that if you transfer to a school that wasn’t your original zoned school then you have to wait a full calendar year before you’re able to participate in any sport at that school.