2021 Transfer Thread

DisabledAccount

11 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

So, by my count, since June 12th, nine (NINE!!) DB's have transferred from Hallandale.  Seriously, how many did they have?   How many, if any, are left?   They may have to put 11 DL's and LB's out on the field and blitz every play.  

This last post is interesting because it references a coach's name:  Derrick Gibson.   He appears to be at Killian.  Was he previously at Hallandale?

As a reminder, I have no dog in this fight.  I'm not sure I could find Hallandale if you gave me a map.  I just find it fascinating (and more than a little sad) that nine DB's, plus a few others, have transferred out of a single school in just over a month . . . and no one seems to be saying a word about it (at least not on this message board).  

6 hours ago, Perspective said:

So, by my count, since June 12th, nine (NINE!!) DB's have transferred from Hallandale.  Seriously, how many did they have?   How many, if any, are left?   They may have to put 11 DL's and LB's out on the field and blitz every play.  

This last post is interesting because it references a coach's name:  Derrick Gibson.   He appears to be at Killian.  Was he previously at Hallandale?

As a reminder, I have no dog in this fight.  I'm not sure I could find Hallandale if you gave me a map.  I just find it fascinating (and more than a little sad) that nine DB's, plus a few others, have transferred out of a single school in just over a month . . . and no one seems to be saying a word about it (at least not on this message board).  

I’ve been mentioning it, even asked will they even have a team to field this august lol. 

all jokes aside this is what happens when you allow social media and quick success fill up your kids brain. 

u don’t think these kids privately ask each other or have secret group chats wit them coaches and a few local prospects looking to all team up with each other. 

It’s a monkey see monkey do type thing. Oh dam all these boys leaving aye I’m leaving to. “A bro 3 of us gone transfer to killian you down ?” 

Lit aye let’s do it “2021” champions lol 

6 hours ago, Tony112 said:

Yea and one his best friends Stacy gage is there so the writing was on the wall 

From what I've seen Gage will be the top RB at IMG this season. That is if Kaytron Allen is not on their roster for his Senior year. I have yet to see him listed on IMG's roster for the 2021/22 season. :unsure:

32 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

Dang can you imagine working your tail off for a couple years on JV and then as a back up on varsity in your 11th grade year only to have a stud transfer come in and rob you of your senior year glory?  

Can you imagine any coach agreeing to this?

55 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Can you imagine any coach agreeing to this?

It happens quite frequently with the latest transfer rules that the state legislature enacted. It was done under the guise of improving education opportunities, but was a poorly veiled effort that was actually directed at athletic transfers. That's why it's so gratifying on the rare occasion when the kid who has put in the time at his zoned high school beats out the kid transferring purely for athletic purposes. Can you imagine any coach agreeing to this?  Yes, it's being done all too often and the legislation allowing it gives the coaches an out to clear their conscience.

17 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

It happens quite frequently with the latest transfer rules that the state legislature enacted. It was done under the guise of improving education opportunities, but was a poorly veiled effort that was actually directed at athletic transfers. That's why it's so gratifying on the rare occasion when the kid who has put in the time at his zoned high school beats out the kid transferring purely for athletic purposes. Can you imagine any coach agreeing to this?  Yes, it's being done all too often and the legislation allowing it gives the coaches an out to clear their conscience.

I'm aware that it's legal, in accordance with legislative rules. I'm basically referring to a person's character. These coaches know that bringing in a top flight "recruit" from as far away as California, will undoubtedly supplant one of their local players.  Bringing in a half dozen or a dozen destroys the moral of a team even though it boosts the team's winning record. As coaches they are also teachers and mentors to young boys 14-18. As such, they are molding future citizens. This is one hell of a way to mold future citizens. Emulating college or NFL coaches is not the duty of a HS coach. Just my opinion but I think a very plausible one. ;)

2 hours ago, Proseteye said:

I'm aware that it's legal, in accordance with legislative rules. I'm basically referring to a person's character. These coaches know that bringing in a top flight "recruit" from as far away as California, will undoubtedly supplant one of their local players.  Bringing in a half dozen or a dozen destroys the moral of a team even though it boosts the team's winning record. As coaches they are also teachers and mentors to young boys 14-18. As such, they are molding future citizens. This is one hell of a way to mold future citizens. Emulating college or NFL coaches is not the duty of a HS coach. Just my opinion but I think a very plausible one. ;)

I agree 

On 7/16/2021 at 2:12 AM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

What does Dillard or cardinal gibbons have to do with what I just stated.? I could’ve sworn I said up top that EVEN IF this was DiLLARD getting all of these transfers I wouldn’t care for it. 

plus so far this off season Dillard has gotten only maybe 2-3 transfers total. 

I brought it up because earlier this off-season you lumped Cardinal Gibbons into the list of other powerhouse schools who have loaded up on transfers when in reality unless they have really kept them quiet they have probably lost as many transfers as they have gained this off-season

I don't have an exact number for Dillard in front of me but people I've spoken to and have been tracking it had a higher number than that, if I find an exact number I'll post it but Dillard ain't loading up like the publics who have gotten double digits so they aren't that bad 

But I do know Dillard has gotten more than Cardinal Gibbons which I found interesting but it wasn't a shot at Dillard, just an observation I've made while trying to post every transfer I've came across on this thread 

21 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

No Academy. Based on the other transfer from there you just posted, looks like their football program just went belly up.

The one I just posted was from the Jacksonville one 

Ik there are 3 schools in Florida called Trinity Christian but in terms of football only one is a powerhouse (Jacksonville one) 

35 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The one I just posted was from the Jacksonville one 

Ik there are 3 schools in Florida called Trinity Christian but in terms of football only one is a powerhouse (Jacksonville one) 

Am I bad yes, Trinity Christian Academy, Deltona is where the first kid transferred from.