2021 Transfer Thread

DisabledAccount

6 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I question whether Hallandale can field a Varsity team after all those departures. I don't remember seeing a team lose that much talent in a three month period before. 

Darter come on man Ik it's been a few years but you and I were posting on here along with a mutual friend when Oxbridge, Flanagan and Dwyer all had major exodus 

Flanagan had more than Hallandale did, the only difference was this was spread out so it was reported all summer while Flanagan basically lost over 15-20 players in the span of a month so not every single one was reported 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Darter come on man Ik it's been a few years but you and I were posting on here along with a mutual friend when Oxbridge, Flanagan and Dwyer all had major exodus 

Flanagan had more than Hallandale did, the only difference was this was spread out so it was reported all summer while Flanagan basically lost over 15-20 players in the span of a month so not every single one was reported 

Oxbridge lost kids because they went in a different direction. I do give you Flanagan, though. They did lose a lot, but all in one bunch when the coaching change came. But in the case of Hallandale, it has been a perpetual bleed. I feel it for fans of the program. 

4 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Oxbridge lost kids because they went in a different direction. I do give you Flanagan, though. They did lose a lot, but all in one bunch when the coaching change came. But in the case of Hallandale, it has been a perpetual bleed. I feel it for fans of the program. 

Does anyone understand what in the world is going on with Hallandale right now? I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many kids leave a program in such short order before. Do you have any knowledge of a possible internal conflict, or possibly anything else of that nature?

10 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Does anyone understand what in the world is going on with Hallandale right now? I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many kids leave a program in such short order before. Do you have any knowledge of a possible internal conflict, or possibly anything else of that nature?

I do not. It is pretty disturbing, actually. They have gone from a likely state contender to a team that will be luck to win 2 or 3 games this year. 

And, IMO, why unrestricted transfers should not be the flavor of the day. Hallandale is only one example of this misguided policy, How many other schools in Florida have their rosters wiped out due to transfers? Remember, many of these schools have only one or possibly two exceptional players on the team. Take away that and a fairly good team becomes an also ran. If this is going on with the sport of football I'm quite sure it's going on with other sports. The effect is that out of hundreds of high schools in Florida only a very few become nearly unbeatable except by another unbeatable team. I don't believe that this was the original intent of institutions that help to mold young minds in their formative years. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Proseteye said:

And, IMO, why unrestricted transfers should not be the flavor of the day. Hallandale is only one example of this misguided policy, How many other schools in Florida have their rosters wiped out due to transfers? Remember, many of these schools have only one or possibly two exceptional players on the team. Take away that and a fairly good team becomes an also ran. If this is going on with the sport of football I'm quite sure it's going on with other sports. The effect is that out of hundreds of high schools in Florida only a very few become nearly unbeatable except by another unbeatable team. I don't believe that this was the original intent of institutions that help to mold young minds in their formative years. :rolleyes:

This has already happened my friend.  Only going to get worse.

14 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

They’ve become a school that’s raided often. Being close to the Dade border(as Miramar). It’s gotta come down to coaching, or lack of, actually. Carol City pillaged Hallandale a few years ago. This year it’s Central. It’s bothersome, to an old timer, where school spirit, loyalty, & town/city rivalries were a big part of the games attraction. 

7 minutes ago, Jullian said:

They’ve become a school that’s raided often. Being close to the Dade border(as Miramar). It’s gotta come down to coaching, or lack of, actually. Carol City pillaged Hallandale a few years ago. This year it’s Central. It’s bothersome, to an old timer, where school spirit, loyalty, & town/city rivalries were a big part of the games attraction. 

I didn't attend Hallandale high school or live in the area but Hallandale was never that school people wanted to see. When Central and Northwestern plays if not each other everybody and they momma coming out. Hair done, nails done, new clothes/shoes, can't miss marching band, taking off work, tailgating, planning after parties and so forth. Hallandale was never like this even with the amount of talent that transfered out Hallandale was never going to be like this.

2 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

I didn't attend Hallandale high school or live in the area but Hallandale was never that school people wanted to see. When Central and Northwestern plays if not each other everybody and they momma coming out. Hair done, nails done, new clothes/shoes, can't miss marching band, taking off work, tailgating, planning after parties and so forth. Hallandale was never like this even with the amount of talent that transfered out Hallandale was never going to be like this.

True but how many schools/rivalries have what you post??? Dillard/Ely. Rockledge/Cocoa(I hear). Glades Central/Pahokee. 
You mentioned Central/NW but how many Dade schools have “that rivalry?” No one. Used to b NW/Jackson.......not no more......Rockets/Bulls are an exception. 

8 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

The marching bands in dade are terrible tho especially the sound lol hahahaha, if you wanna see a real band with sound, y’all know where 27th & 11th at haha.

aye it’s been a few days since I been on, so you know I gotta talk trash lol. 

4 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

The marching bands in dade are terrible tho especially the sound lol hahahaha, if you wanna see a real band with sound, y’all know where 27th & 11th at haha.

aye it’s been a few days since I been on, so you know I gotta talk trash lol. 

You're about to start a fight, LOL!  Don't talk about the bands! :D

2 minutes ago, Jullian said:

True but how many schools/rivalries have what you post??? Dillard/Ely. Rockledge/Cocoa(I hear). Glades Central/Pahokee. 
You mentioned Central/NW but how many Dade schools have “that rivalry?” No one. Used to b NW/Jackson.......not no more......Rockets/Bulls are an exception. 

I can’t speak for dade but To answer your question I would most def say 

Deerfield vs Dillard 

Miramar Vs Dillard 

plantation vs Dillard 

Ft Lauderdale Vs Dillard 

Stranahan Vs Dillard 

just those games alone bring the city out, matter fact when a team sees Dillard on the schedule for some reason that becomes there biggest regular season game of the year (Crowd wise) I’ve seen it time after time.

but you also have the rivalry such as 

gibbons vs AHP 

deerfield vs STA

but that’s not the new hair do & shoes crowd lol hahaha that’s the stands full of boosters lol.

1 minute ago, Nulli Secundus said:

You're about to start a fight, LOL!  Don't talk about the bands! :D

I’m ready!! lol I want the smoke …dade especially CC & northwestern have very nice auxiliary (dancers) but the sound & over all band is strongly left to be desired. 

never in my life have I seen schools being ok with having more dancers in the band then actual instrument players lol hahaha.

2 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I’m ready!! lol I want the smoke …dade especially CC & northwestern have very nice auxiliary (dancers) but the sound & over all band is strongly left to be desired. 

never in my life have I seen schools being ok with having more dancers in the band then actual instrument players lol hahaha.

Diversionary tactic.  We won't appeal to your ears but you can watch instead, LOL!  If you don't play an instrument or at the very least twirl a baton, stay your ass off the field! :D  That's for you @Dan in Daytona

4 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I do not. It is pretty disturbing, actually. They have gone from a likely state contender to a team that will be luck to win 2 or 3 games this year. 

Hallandale will see better days. Even as someone who supports school choice, I believe this is the instance that really bothers me the most. They  have been plundered by neighboring schools and it’s sickening to see them fall so far. Coaching (or lack thereof) is often to blame for these instances, but I still believe kids should have the right to make that decision for themselves. Just saddened to see Hallandale get so ravaged by kids who are angry at their program, in one way or another. 

20 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Hallandale will see better days. Even as someone who supports school choice, I believe this is the instance that really bothers me the most. They  have been plundered by neighboring schools and it’s sickening to see them fall so far. Coaching (or lack thereof) is often to blame for these instances, but I still believe kids should have the right to make that decision for themselves. Just saddened to see Hallandale get so ravaged by kids who are angry at their program, in one way or another. 

Are they upset with the program or are they just opportunists that will transfer to any school as long as they are the center of attention? Self gratification these days trumps everything else. I'm really surprised, or maybe not surprised at all, that parents are knowingly approving of this behavior. When I was in high school during the Napoleon campaign, the only transferring there was if and when the family moved to a new city or state, which was usually rare. The teams in those days had such comradery and esprit de corps. When a team was good it was good because of local coaching and hard work by the players. Not because of groups of mercenaries that acquired the school's gridiron in the dead of night.  I know that there are fans, even on this forum, and supporters of schools that accept an unprecedented amount of transferring and even recruiting to make their football team winners. You cheer when your team runs the gamut every Friday night and when they go undefeated and deep into the playoffs or even to the championship. Stop for a minute to contemplate what would your team be like if they did not accept predatory players. What would they be like if the team consisted of players local only to the school district? Then decide whether your current team, with its group of transfers, truly deserves the praise it gets from mowing down every opponent on the way to the finals. This analysis does not pertain to all schools that happen to be exceptional in football. Only the schools that find it expedient to load up their teams with the best players they can find in order to win most if not all of the time. High school football is not College or NFL football where this stuff goes on routinely and has a purpose to it. 14-17 year old's are not college or NFL landscapes. Their main purpose is to educate and formulate young minds in academics and physical attributes and not to teach how to manipulate the system primarily for self gain only.

14 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Are they upset with the program or are they just opportunists that will transfer to any school as long as they are the center of attention? Self gratification these days trumps everything else. I'm really surprised, or maybe not surprised at all, that parents are knowingly approving of this behavior. When I was in high school during the Napoleon campaign, the only transferring there was if and when the family moved to a new city or state, which was usually rare. The teams in those days had such comradery and esprit de corps. When a team was good it was good because of local coaching and hard work by the players. Not because of groups of mercenaries that acquired the school's gridiron in the dead of night.  I know that there are fans, even on this forum, and supporters of schools that accept an unprecedented amount of transferring and even recruiting to make their football team winners. You cheer when your team runs the gamut every Friday night and when they go undefeated and deep into the playoffs or even to the championship. Stop for a minute to contemplate what would your team be like if they did not accept predatory players. What would they be like if the team consisted of players local only to the school district? Then decide whether your current team, with its group of transfers, truly deserves the praise it gets from mowing down every opponent on the way to the finals. This analysis does not pertain to all schools that happen to be exceptional in football. Only the schools that find it expedient to load up their teams with the best players they can find in order to win most if not all of the time. High school football is not College or NFL football where this stuff goes on routinely and has a purpose to it. 14-17 year old's are not college or NFL landscapes. Their main purpose is to educate and formulate young minds in academics and physical attributes and not to teach how to manipulate the system primarily for self gain only.

There’s really a gray area here that I don’t believe is being discussed enough.  I think kids are more likely to transfer when they have disputes with coaches or internal problems that the public will never know about. I have raised this point several times, but I have been met with ad hominem and hypocrisy and still have yet to receive a coherent answer. Good athletes on bad teams will always be “recruited”, to play for better programs. I hate that word with a passion, because it seems that nobody except maybe a few people on this board actually know what that word means. No kid wants to play for a bad program with coaches who couldn’t care less about their success. Many people seem to forget that 14-18 year old kids aren’t fools. They aren’t going to play for a coach who is so stuck in their ways that their pride costs the team games or possible championships. This is what causes them to transfer, not some unproven sense of entitlement that people baselessly cling to. No-one on this board seems to even want to touch this topic with a barge pole. Why is this so?

Coaching is the root, the pure essence of a football teams’ identity. Without a coach, you don’t have a football team. It would be extremely difficult to make a case that good football teams could have very poor coaching, and still be successful against teams with equal talent. You can win games by overpowering lesser teams with pure talent, but when playing teams of even equivalent talent, coaching is what makes the difference in winning and losing. Transfers are a direct cause of good coaching. You can put a cap on the number of transfers that a school can receive, but how would we do this fairly? Even if a family moves into district, why wouldn’t they feel inclined to send their kid to a school that has a more successful program nearby? I think it would be fair to say that there would be some sort of fraud involved, if the school purposely didn’t report their numbers properly. That would result in heavy penalties, as it rightly should.  I believe if we were to institute a cap in transfers, that this would be the most fair and equal to approach the topic.

53 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Touché!!!!!!

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I can’t speak for dade but To answer your question I would most def say 

Deerfield vs Dillard 

Miramar Vs Dillard 

plantation vs Dillard 

Ft Lauderdale Vs Dillard 

Stranahan Vs Dillard 

just those games alone bring the city out, matter fact when a team sees Dillard on the schedule for some reason that becomes there biggest regular season game of the year (Crowd wise) I’ve seen it time after time.

but you also have the rivalry such as 

gibbons vs AHP 

deerfield vs STA

but that’s not the new hair do & shoes crowd lol hahaha that’s the stands full of boosters lol.

But out of all of those match ups not one has Hallandale 

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Not Northwestern but Carol City yes and not the dancers it's their flaggettes. You don't need 45 flaggettes. Norland and Northwestern are the best in my opinion

2 hours ago, Jullian said:

Northwestern vs Jackson been in existence since 1967 but the Soul Bowl game started going down hill and that's been since the mid 2000's and its mainly on Jackson part. Now it's all about Northwestern and Central or Northwestern and Carol City. Oh hey don't forget Raines vs Ribault Northwest Classic since 1969 out of Jacksonville 

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

There’s really a gray area here that I don’t believe is being discussed enough.  I think kids are more likely to transfer when they have disputes with coaches or internal problems that the public will never know about. I have raised this point several times, but I have been met with ad hominem and hypocrisy and still have yet to receive a coherent answer. Good athletes on bad teams will always be “recruited”, to play for better programs. I hate that word with a passion, because it seems that nobody except maybe a few people on this board actually know what that word means. No kid wants to play for a bad program with coaches who couldn’t care less about their success. Many people seem to forget that 14-18 year old kids aren’t fools. They aren’t going to play for a coach who is so stuck in their ways that their pride costs the team games or possible championships. This is what causes them to transfer, not some unproven sense of entitlement that people baselessly cling to. No-one on this board seems to even want to touch this topic with a barge pole. Why is this so?

Coaching is the root, the pure essence of a football teams’ identity. Without a coach, you don’t have a football team. It would be extremely difficult to make a case that good football teams could have very poor coaching, and still be successful against teams with equal talent. You can win games by overpowering lesser teams with pure talent, but when playing teams of even equivalent talent, coaching is what makes the difference in winning and losing. Transfers are a direct cause of good coaching. You can put a cap on the number of transfers that a school can receive, but how would we do this fairly? Even if a family moves into district, why wouldn’t they feel inclined to send their kid to a school that has a more successful program nearby? I think it would be fair to say that there would be some sort of fraud involved, if the school purposely didn’t report their numbers properly. That would result in heavy penalties, as it rightly should.  I believe if we were to institute a cap in transfers, that this would be the most fair and equal to approach the topic.

Here is your BARGE POLE my friend.  Osceola has lost 4 transfers this past cycle, all very good players. One QB, two RB's and an excellent DE/LB, mostly to one neighboring school where they not only will start but lift that teams chances.  If you think they left us for better coaching you are in lala land.  Outside the defensive player, they were all going to play a lesser role than what they wanted on this years team.  The DE started as a sophomore on a state finalist but really wants to show out at LB.  We have excellent players there already and felt he could help our team more at DE like he did last year.  I am not here to criticize any of them, but they all left for their own personal benefit as opposed to what was best for our team.  We have a motto; we don't beg people to be a KOWBOY!!

2 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Here is your BARGE POLE my friend.  Osceola has lost 4 transfers this past cycle, all very good players. One QB, two RB's and an excellent DE/LB, mostly to one neighboring school where they not only will start but lift that teams chances.  If you think they left us for better coaching you are in lala land.  Outside the defensive player, they were all going to play a lesser role than what they wanted on this years team.  The DE started as a sophomore on a state finalist but really wants to show out at LB.  We have excellent players there already and felt he could help our team more at DE like he did last year.  I am not here to criticize any of them, but they all left for their own personal benefit as opposed to what was best for our team.  We have a motto; we don't beg people to be a KOWBOY!!

By the way, I failed to mention that their new head coach was an assistant at our school the last couple of years.

1 hour ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Northwestern vs Jackson been in existence since 1967 but the Soul Bowl game started going down hill and that's been since the mid 2000's and its mainly on Jackson part. Now it's all about Northwestern and Central or Northwestern and Carol City. Oh hey don't forget Raines vs Ribault Northwest Classic since 1969 out of Jacksonville 

Yup. Agree.