2021 Transfer Thread

DisabledAccount

1 hour ago, HornetFan said:

The writer may have attended the Spring Jamboree and observed it with his own eyes. DP did not look good on either side of the ball in the Jamboree[ it wasn't just Patti. They have a difficult schedule. In their first 7 games, they will be favored over Celebration and possibly Timber Creek. DP can easily lose 5 or 6 games this season. 

I don't think they lose 6 games, but I could easily see 4 and possibly 5. DP has been tough for a long time, so I would not be surprised if they are a lot improved over the summer. However, their schedule is a tough one, as is their district. They have their work cut out for them this season. 

We certainly are not discounting them, just like we are not discounting WO.  We have a history with DP and wins have always been tough to come by.  Just not determining their outlook on one quarter of spring ball each against WP and Apopka.  My sense is they will be well prepared when the season kicks off.  I don't put much weight on these spring games, just like I don't put much weight on 7v7.  I judge our chances by what we have coming back in key roles, not that we beat Edgewater in a spring game this year (only 3 qtrs. as coaches agreed to play reserves/JV in the 1st qtr.)  They probably had pieces missing as I know we had 2 or 3 starters that didn't play, including DT John Walker who had 15 sacks last year as a sophomore.  Putting to much weight on those outcomes can be deceiving. 

44 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I don't think they lose 6 games, but I could easily see 4 and possibly 5. DP has been tough for a long time, so I would not be surprised if they are a lot improved over the summer. However, their schedule is a tough one, as is their district. They have their work cut out for them this season. 

For DP, I see @ Jones, Apopka, @ West Orange, @ Osceola, and Cocoa as probable losses, with @ Lake Mary and Timber Creek as potential losses. They have 4 games at home (won't be favored against Apopka or Cocoa), and 6 games away. I wouldn't want to play that schedule with the team I watched Apopka and Winter Park easily handle in the Spring Jamboree. The new DP transfer's name isn't Clark Kent, is it?

Wow, another back handed diss at this kid.  So sad you have to resort to childish pronouncements.  The real question is how would WP fair against that list:  Jones, Apopka, WO, Osceola, Cocoa probable losses.  You seem to forget your crazy strength of schedule arguments from early and wander into other unrelated analogies that have nothing to do with the subject at hand. 

28 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Wow, another back handed diss at this kid.  So sad you have to resort to childish pronouncements.  The real question is how would WP fair against that list:  Jones, Apopka, WO, Osceola, Cocoa probable losses.  You seem to forget your crazy strength of schedule arguments from early and wander into other unrelated analogies that have nothing to do with the subject at hand. 

Wow, another back handed diss at this kid.

It's not a diss on the kid. He's coming from Lyman, a team that won one game playing in 7A last season against a weak schedule; they were blown out in many games. He elected to transfer for his senior year to Dr Phillips, a team that probably has the toughest schedule in Central Florida this coming season. DP is also a team down on talent this coming season. They're going to need him to perform like Clark Kent's alternate identity if they want to finish with better than a .500 season. Their district opponents were out of their control; someone should have been realistic when they scheduled non-district opponents. The kid moved because he wanted to enhance his college recruitment opportunities; being blown out by more than half your opponents won't help. I wish him luck; he's going to need it, as talented as he may be.

The real question is how would WP fair against that list:

We'll probably never know unless WP makes the mistake of hiring the person who negotiated DP's ridiculous schedule. WP played one varsity quarter against DP in the Spring Jamboree and beat them 12-0. DP was very unimpressive while WP moved the ball down the field for TD's on their two possessions. Based upon that, I don't know if WP would do better with DP's schedule, but they probably wouldn't do worse. 

But based on your Spring Jamboree analysis, didn't WP get clocked by Apopka in one quarter and scored 0 points.  You are still evading your proclamation earlier on how tough a schedule WP has and to point out others that are tougher.  I thought I did that, but you disagreed based on zero facts.  Now you are admitting it without admitting it.

DeMario Tolan from Toho is a 4 star linebacker and might be more impactful for DP than the kid from Lyman. He didn't play in Spring game and they probably have others they pick up that we don't know about.  So the kid doesn't have to be Superman as it isn't a one man game and he will have more help than where he came from.

31 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

But based on your Spring Jamboree analysis, didn't WP get clocked by Apopka in one quarter and scored 0 points.  You are still evading your proclamation earlier on how tough a schedule WP has and to point out others that are tougher.  I thought I did that, but you disagreed based on zero facts.  Now you are admitting it without admitting it.

based on your Spring Jamboree analysis, didn't WP get clocked by Apopka in one quarter and scored 0 points

I don't think WP got "clocked" by Apopka in the one quarter of varsity play. Apopka won the quarter 14-0, scoring from 15 yards out after a bad snap from center by WP that Apopka recovered on WP's first play from scrimmage. On the only other drive that WP had, they moved the ball from their 20 to the Apopka 15, but failed to score. Then, Apopka had a nice drive that consumed the rest of the quarter and resulted in a TD. Apopka won the quarter, but I don't think they "clocked" WP, unless you mean their one long 85 yard drive that consumed the clock for most of the varsity quarter. The two teams JV played the 2nd quarter to a scoreless draw. 

You are still evading your proclamation earlier on how tough a schedule WP has and to point out others that are tougher

I never said WP had an overly "tough" schedule; I did say they have a good schedule and they don't control their district schedule, a district that does include Timber Creek (7-1 last season), and that their non-district schedule was sensible and challenging with Lake Mary (9-2 last season), Boone (6-4), Lake Brantley (5-4-1), Edgewater (7A state finalist last 2 years), Lake Nona (3-2), and Evans (2-4) as their non-district opponents for this season. I think that's a sensible and challenging schedule. They also play West Orange in the KOC. There are a few tougher non-district schedules in Central Florida, but WP's schedule has a good mix of challenging games outside their district. 

18 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

based on your Spring Jamboree analysis, didn't WP get clocked by Apopka in one quarter and scored 0 points

I don't think WP got "clocked" by Apopka in the one quarter of varsity play. Apopka won the quarter 14-0, scoring from 15 yards out after a bad snap from center by WP that Apopka recovered on WP's first play from scrimmage. On the only other drive that WP had, they moved the ball from their 20 to the Apopka 15, but failed to score. Then, Apopka had a nice drive that consumed the rest of the quarter and resulted in a TD. Apopka won the quarter, but I don't think they "clocked" WP, unless you mean their one long 85 yard drive that consumed the clock for most of the varsity quarter. The two teams JV played the 2nd quarter to a scoreless draw. 

You are still evading your proclamation earlier on how tough a schedule WP has and to point out others that are tougher

I never said WP had an overly "tough" schedule; I did say they have a good schedule and they don't control their district schedule, a district that does include Timber Creek (7-1 last season), and that their non-district schedule was sensible and challenging with Lake Mary (9-2 last season), Boone (6-4), Lake Brantley (5-4-1), Edgewater (7A state finalist last 2 years), Lake Nona (3-2), and Evans (2-4) as their non-district opponents for this season. I think that's a sensible and challenging schedule. They also play West Orange in the KOC. There are a few tougher non-district schedules in Central Florida, but WP's schedule has a good mix of challenging games outside their district. 

By implication you did say WP had a tough schedule.  On 6/26 you told NoleBull "I am still waiting for you to name a few teams in Orlando with a stronger out of district schedule".   I named you five in quick order and you dismissed them with possibly only Apopka.  Now you're pretending the scheduler for DP is stupid and the one from WP smart because the first scheduled a tough schedule and the second schedule an easy one.  Whoops, I meant a "smart" one.  Ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

By implication you did say WP had a tough schedule.  On 6/26 you told NoleBull "I am still waiting for you to name a few teams in Orlando with a stronger out of district schedule".   I named you five in quick order and you dismissed them with possibly only Apopka.  Now you're pretending the scheduler for DP is stupid and the one from WP smart because the first scheduled a tough schedule and the second schedule an easy one.  Whoops, I meant a "smart" one.  Ridiculous.

Ray are you a lawyer? Lmao

Just now, KeemD321 said:

Ray are you a lawyer? Lmao

Just a nutty old man.  He makes a statement like WO is favored over us because we didn't look good in 7v7.  So I ask him if that is the metric, what big 7v7 tournament has WO won?  Crickets, but they have an unstoppable, unguardable 6'5" receiver.  Ok, who did they beat?  Still waiting for an answer.  We lost our second game in that tournament to an excellent Dillard team in OT 12-6.  Think for us that don't normally participate in these it was a pretty good showing.  

4 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Just joshing you, man. No harm intended. 

But the thread between you and Hornet had gotten kinda funny. 

40 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

"I am still waiting for you to name a few teams in Orlando with a stronger out of district schedule"  I named you five in quick order and you dismissed them with possibly only Apopka

44 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Just a nutty old man.  He makes a statement like WO is favored over us because we didn't look good in 7v7.  So I ask him if that is the metric, what big 7v7 tournament has WO won?  Crickets, but they have an unstoppable, unguardable 6'5" receiver.  Ok, who did they beat?  Still waiting for an answer.  We lost our second game in that tournament to an excellent Dillard team in OT 12-6.  Think for us that don't normally participate in these it was a pretty good showing.  

Nothing was implied; it was an actual statement. WP's non-district opponents for this season had a combined record last year of 33-19-1. Considering that with rare exceptions, there is almost always a winner and a loser in every game, that's not a bad winning percentage; only one of their future non-district opponents had a losing record last year.  

Now you're pretending the scheduler for DP is stupid and the one from WP smart

I'm not pretending; it was "stupid" to schedule DP's list of non-district opponents. I hope their players have the $10 admission necessary to attend playoff games this Fall. And yes, the WP schedule is a "smart" schedule; teams with winning records that you have a decent chance of beating. Just because you feel that you have some decent boxing skills doesn't warrant you scheduling 10 rounds with Mike Tyson. I expect that DP will be an early KO.

35 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Ray and Hornet,

I'm trying to find some middle ground here.  Can the two of you at least agree that, regardless of their respective schedules and regardless of who the quarterbacks are, Winter Park and Dr. Phillips would both get blown out by Madison County?  B)

Is that even a question? I'll defer to Jesse on that. :lol:

Now all of a sudden the schedule is not tough, IT IS SMART.  Unhuh.  Another rambling, incoherent, pulling stats out of your A.. argument.  And to top it off, claim he is not dissing on the kid but ridicule any chance of success because he is transferring from LYMAN.   God Forbid.  

33 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Always a good thing to add a bit of levity to the discussion.

I'm enjoying this discussion. It sure beats talking about transfers in South Florida and Jax, I don't follow teams from those areas, and we can only devote so much ink to how good Madison County will be this year. It's only 6 1/2 weeks till we have HS football games once again, but who's counting?  

2 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

I'm enjoying this discussion. It sure beats talking about transfers in South Florida and Jax, I don't follow teams from those areas, and we can only devote so much ink to how good Madison County will be this year. It's only 6 1/2 weeks till we have HS football games once again, but who's counting?  

Me!

5 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Now all of a sudden the schedule is not tough, IT IS SMART.  Unhuh.  Another rambling, incoherent, pulling stats out of your A.. argument.  And to top it off, claim he is not dissing on the kid but ridicule any chance of success because he is transferring from LYMAN.   God Forbid.  

And to top it off, claim he is not dissing on the kid but ridicule any chance of success because he is transferring from LYMAN

I actually give him a lot of credit for leaving Lyman, but he should have done it sooner, and if it was strictly for football exposure, he had better options than DP.