2021 Transfer Thread

DisabledAccount

2 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

And to top it off, claim he is not dissing on the kid but ridicule any chance of success because he is transferring from LYMAN

I actually give him a lot of credit for leaving Lyman, but he should have done it sooner, and if it was strictly for football exposure, he had better options than DP.

Thought because you were senile like me, you were forgetting things you said a week ago and that was understandable.  It's worst, you are forgetting things you just wrote tonite.

25 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

I'm enjoying this discussion. It sure beats talking about transfers in South Florida and Jax, I don't follow teams from those areas, and we can only devote so much ink to how good Madison County will be this year. It's only 6 1/2 weeks till we have HS football games once again, but who's counting?  

This thread is about transfers on a statewide level and this is a STATE BOARD not an ORLANDO city board 

I bring up the discussion because a lot of people would otherwise be completely unaware and surprised when they see a certain team ranked higher or lower than usual in the state polls and be like "why is team A so high/low" 

If you want to have a discussion fine but don't complain about the topic of the thread when you decided to take the Discussion a different direction like I'm holding you back 

You can always make a thread for these topics 

23 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Thought because you were senile like me, you were forgetting things you said a week ago and that was understandable.  It's worst, you are forgetting things you just wrote tonite.

I actually took the time to review my earlier posts from tonight, couldn't find anything saying he made a mistake leaving Lyman. I did say that he should have done it sooner and that Apopka would have been a better destination than DP.

29 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

This thread is about transfers on a statewide level and this is a STATE BOARD not an ORLANDO city board 

I bring up the discussion because a lot of people would otherwise be completely unaware and surprised when they see a certain team ranked higher or lower than usual in the state polls and be like "why is team A so high/low" 

If you want to have a discussion fine but don't complain about the topic of the thread when you decided to take the Discussion a different direction like I'm holding you back 

You can always make a thread for these topics 

I believe the name of this topic is "2021 Transfer Thread" and the discussion between Ray Icaza and myself has been around a kid transferring from Lyman HS to Dr Phillips HS. I didn't realize that you only intended this thread for the purpose of announcing transfers. I know that earlier in this thread that posters have taken liberties in discussing Lee HS and their propensity for attracting transfers. I thought we were allowed to digress from just the announcements to discuss the ramifications of such transfers. I would hate to think that you took offense to my comment regarding transfers in South Florida and Jax. My sincere apologies. :) 

7 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

I believe the name of this topic is "2021 Transfer Thread" and the discussion between Ray Icaza and myself has been around a kid transferring from Lyman HS to Dr Phillips HS. I didn't realize that you only intended this thread for the purpose of announcing transfers. I know that earlier in this thread that posters have taken liberties in discussing Lee HS and their propensity for attracting transfers. I thought we were allowed to digress from just the announcements to discuss the ramifications of such transfers. I would hate to think that you took offense to my comment regarding transfers in South Florida and Jax. My sincere apologies. :) 

No again I don't take any issue with the discussion

I took issue with the comment

It sure beats talking about transfers in South Florida and Jax, I don't follow teams from those areas

I took that as you crapping on my thread which was designed to announce and discuss transfers statewide, again no issue with you discussing the transfers whatsoever or the background, in fact I welcome it

Only a bit perplexed by the statement you made 

12 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It sure beats talking about transfers in South Florida and Jax, I don't follow teams from those areas

I took that as you crapping on my thread which was designed to announce and discuss transfers statewide, again no issue with you discussing the transfers whatsoever or the background, in fact I welcome it

Told you he was gonna forget.

3 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Told you he was gonna forget.

I told him he was dissing on the kid again because here is his quote.  "He's coming from Lyman, a team that won one game playing in 7A last season against a weak schedule; they were blown out in many games".  So I am left wondering, how is that a reflection on a individual talent?  But yet his comeback is that he isn't dissing on the kid.  Go figure.

I brought up DeMario Tolan earlier on this thread as it would be interesting to find out how he landed at DP.  The kid grew up in St. Cloud, but played the last 2 years at Toho.  His HC at Toho was an OHS graduate and terrific LB that got a full ride at Univ. of Ga.  The coach left and the team seems to be suffering as he is starting a new program at a private school.  Tolan is a 4 star recruit with some big time offers from the likes of Clemson, LSU, Tennessee, FSU, etc..  If he was transferring , how did he choose DP over say our school in the local district?  We do have a 2 year starter returning at one spot and 1 year starter at the other spot, however the 3rd LB was a backup last year.  He is young and has talent, but obviously not on the same level as this kid.  No doubt we have definite playoff aspirations and he would be an asset.  Makes you wonder.

10 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The statement about SF and Jax was made with the intent of inserting a little humor into the conversation. I wasn't taking a dump on your thread; just trying to keep some discussions on HS football alive during this very slow period before the Fall season. 

5 hours ago, HornetFan said:

The statement about SF and Jax was made with the intent of inserting a little humor into the conversation. I wasn't taking a dump on your thread; just trying to keep some discussions on HS football alive during this very slow period before the Fall season. 

Fair enough

Most of you have probably already seen it, but if you missed it DeMario Tolan committed to LSU today on CBS sports at 3:30pm.  As I mentioned earlier in the thread he will make an impact as a 4 star player at the LB position for Dr. Phillips.   We aren't thru summer yet so maybe those of you that monitor Twitter pick up on any additional transferees for them before fall workouts.

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

Most of you have probably already seen it, but if you missed it DeMario Tolan committed to LSU today on CBS sports at 3:30pm.  As I mentioned earlier in the thread he will make an impact as a 4 star player at the LB position for Dr. Phillips.   We aren't thru summer yet so maybe those of you that monitor Twitter pick up on any additional transferees for them before fall workouts.

I usually pick up on it if someone in media posts or retweets it but Central Florida, Tampa and Jacksonville media tend to cover their ears and pretend nothing happens 

Well, it happens here with several public schools alot and does go unreported.  I don't do twitter,  instagram or other social media sites where these kids communicate so don't have the ability to report more like you do.  What you are doing is a great service for others to open their eyes to the reality of these events.  It then is undeniable that they are not all simple transfers on the kids part, but their is some recruiting involved by certain teams by hidden means.

7 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Well, it happens here with several public schools alot and does go unreported.  I don't do twitter,  instagram or other social media sites where these kids communicate so don't have the ability to report more like you do.  What you are doing is a great service for others to open their eyes to the reality of these events.  It then is undeniable that they are not all simple transfers on the kids part, but their is some recruiting involved by certain teams by hidden means.

Both of these to DP where in the Sentinel Sports section, so they were open about them.  Rumblings of additional ones but don't have solid info on them.

Cardinal Gibbons Loses a player to Maryland powerhouse Dematha

Honestly Cardinal Gibbons gets lumped into the private recruiters like AHP and STA (even though those schools don't get as many transfers as the top SFL publics) but In reality Cardinal Gibbons doesn't rely on transfers, hell Dillard probably has more transfers than Cardinal Gibbons has right now