2021 Transfer Thread

DisabledAccount

10 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I agree, but I’m my opinion it should be BANNED publicly and privately, and it should be a STRICT law that if you transfer to a school that wasn’t your original zoned school then you have to wait a full calendar year before you’re able to participate in any sport at that school. 

That's why I highlighted the situation with our back up QB, Blake Birchler.  Plays one sport for a semester at one school, then another sport at his original school the 2nd semester.  Heck, we had a running back last year played 2 games then transferred to a private school for the rest of the season.  This is insanity.

Just now, Ray Icaza said:

That's why I highlighted the situation with our back up QB, Blake Birchler.  Plays one sport for a semester at one school, then another sport at his original school the 2nd semester.  Heck, we had a running back last year played 2 games then transferred to a private school for the rest of the season.  This is insanity.

That’s ridiculous & sad AF actually, and since when did we start normalizing high school kids getting on social media and writing letters and signing the letters on where they will be transferring to to finish their high school career!? 

social media has really become our worst em enemy, these high school kids, try to bring everything they see in the NFL & college to high school & that’s beyond crazy. 

2 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Wait he was allowed to play in the same season he transferred eventhough he played for a different school in the same season? 

11 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Wait he was allowed to play in the same season he transferred eventhough he played for a different school in the same season? 

12 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Yes, played in two games and then transferred to a private school (West Oaks Academy).  Was their leading rusher in the state championship game for that classification. Now for his senior year at Freedom HS.

9 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Yes, played in two games and then transferred to a private school (West Oaks Academy).  Was their leading rusher in the state championship game for that classification. Now for his senior year at Freedom HS.

9 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Correction, West Oaks Christian Academy.

33 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Would've thought he wouldn't be able to play. Unless West Oaks isn't a FHSAA member in football

On 7/10/2021 at 2:48 PM, Ray Icaza said:

I agree 100%, but as others have pointed out in earlier post our legislature has legalized it.  Our man from Columbia deserves cudos for spotlighting this problem involving both public and private schools.  I think it is an easy way out for kids when things get tough or uncomfortable.  Pro sports builds super teams, recruiting in college is a sleezy endeavor, the transfer portal now and high school is going down the same path.  I hate it.  I would prefer we took our lumps every few years when personnel is down to have an even shot those years when we have talent.  I will still bleed Blue & Gold.

The Florida legislature approved transferring at will. However, I believe they meant transferring from a failing school academically to a preforming school academically. I don't think they ever intended transferring at will for sports only. Besides, the FHSAA controls all school sports in Florida and not the Florida legislature. The FHSAA could have simply reverted back to the prior ruling wherein a player had to wait out one year in order to play sports at a school they are transferring to. It worked in the past, for the most part, and it would work again. B)

17 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

The Florida legislature approved transferring at will. However, I believe they meant transferring from a failing school academically to a preforming school academically. I don't think they ever intended transferring at will for sports only. Besides, the FHSAA controls all school sports in Florida and not the Florida legislature. The FHSAA could have simply reverted back to the prior ruling wherein a player had to wait out one year in order to play sports at a school they are transferring to. It worked in the past, for the most part, and it would work again. B)

Actually yes they do, if the FHSAA doesn't do exactly what the legislature tells them then Florida legislation pulls the FHSAA funding and they go broke 

38 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Actually yes they do, if the FHSAA doesn't do exactly what the legislature tells them then Florida legislation pulls the FHSAA funding and they go broke 

I seriously doubt that the legislature would cut off funding to the FHSAA if they implemented their previous policy of waiting 1 year to play sports after transferring. We are talking about a previous policy that was in place for quite some time and the legislature never interfered with FHSAA rulings. How do you know what the legislature would do or is this just your opinion? Show me where it states any type of language in the rulings that would prohibit the FHSAA from simply implementing such a policy. Once again, I believe the legislature made the at will transfer policy for academic reasons and never thought that it would apply to anything but. 

59 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I seriously doubt that the legislature would cut off funding to the FHSAA if they implemented their previous policy of waiting 1 year to play sports after transferring. We are talking about a previous policy that was in place for quite some time and the legislature never interfered with FHSAA rulings. How do you know what the legislature would do or is this just your opinion? Show me where it states any type of language in the rulings that would prohibit the FHSAA from simply implementing such a policy. Once again, I believe the legislature made the at will transfer policy for academic reasons and never thought that it would apply to anything but. 

You might be right that the legislature may have been fooled into thinking it was for academic reasons.  But the legislators from Lakeland that pushed this ruling weren't thinking about academics, rather the heat they were getting from surrounding schools.

12 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

That’s ridiculous & sad AF actually, and since when did we start normalizing high school kids getting on social media and writing letters and signing the letters on where they will be transferring to to finish their high school career!? 

social media has really become our worst em enemy, these high school kids, try to bring everything they see in the NFL & college to high school & that’s beyond crazy. 

Don't you wanna know where they're going 

Smh these transfers are getting crazy & to think it’s these amount of parents out here approving this. 

I guess anything u got to do for a possible big pay check in the future huh. 

and no if all these transfers were coming to Dillard I wouldn’t care for it either, it just didn’t look right. Maybe it’s the old school in me.

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Smh these transfers are getting crazy & to think it’s these amount of parents out here approving this. 

and no if all these transfers were coming to Dillard I wouldn’t care for it either, it just didn’t look right. Maybe it’s the old school in me.

I don't have an exact number but ik Dillard has gotten more than Cardinal Gibbons have for what it's worth

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I don't have an exact number but ik Dillard has gotten more than Cardinal Gibbons have for what it's worth

What does Dillard or cardinal gibbons have to do with what I just stated.? I could’ve sworn I said up top that EVEN IF this was DiLLARD getting all of these transfers I wouldn’t care for it. 

plus so far this off season Dillard has gotten only maybe 2-3 transfers total. 

8 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Don't you wanna win